Any plans for Bicycles?

kikinshits

I and about 7 other friends would love if we could spawn a bicycle from a toolkit like in the Arma 2 mod.

Are there any plans in the works for this? I asked Kiory on his stream and he said he didnt think so. Maybe one of you could elaborate on why not? 

I think it adds a lot to the pace of the game, and makes it so much more fun than the other arma 2 mods for me, as theres more chance of getting back into the action!

Thanks for the mod, you guys are amazing! 

Back in the day on A2 when spawning with a bike was the "new thing" when I streamed I'd set up a scene in OBS that would start playing this song as soon as I triggered it/hopped on the bike. :) Ahhhh, the good old days....

Haha! It makes such a difference to the pace of the game, much more enjoyable if you ask me.

idk about this one.

the vehicles in arma 3 seem to be way quieter than a2. bikes were convenient but we now have spawns east to west close to the middle of the map. can you imagine building a bike as soon as you spawn in? might as well just teleport to where you want to go. of course this is talking about chernarus.

altis...well youre fucked that map is huge. so really its hard to balance between all the maps

I seem to remember there being an issue with two-wheeled vehicles being troublesome in A3.  4-wheeled vics are a PITA as it is.  I can see two-wheeled being insta-kills when they fall over.

I maintain my previous stance that craftable go-karts is where it's at.  Make it something like 1 large scrap, 1 electronic board & 1 small scrap to craft so they're not everywhere.  Might need to make them despawn on restart and non-sellable for balance.

I seem to remember there being an issue with two-wheeled vehicles being troublesome in A3.  4-wheeled vics are a PITA as it is.  I can see two-wheeled being insta-kills when they fall over.

I maintain my previous stance that craftable go-karts is where it's at.  Make it something like 1 large scrap, 1 electronic board & 1 small scrap to craft so they're not everywhere.  Might need to make them despawn on restart and non-sellable for balance.

The Ebike is 2 wheels, crashed them a few times, never been killed when it fell over though

i would love to have it so the go kart can only be crafted or deployed then id remove them off the map and traders so that they would only be used for quick transport to a base for fresh spawn or if you damage your car atleast your not stuck and have to run for miles on atlis

It would be great to get some input from an Epoch Dev, is there an obvious technical problem that i'm missing?

There isn't one made, that would be my guess :)

They (Epoch devs) can use any BIS assest from the base game, there is a bike addon but that requires permission from the author, most likely they'll create custom vehicles just like the E-bike, I doubt it's a priority at the minute with the current bugs.

Awol said that the game version 0.2.5.2 means they're 25% done, the best is yet to come from Epoch :d