Web Server browser.

Axle

It would be nice if the official servers are not at the first page when you open the browser.

It would be even better to get new servers first.

Like tabs: New - Most Players

This is looking very good, only thing I dont like is the official servers.

Also what query thingy do you use if I may know?

What i notice in the first place is that the official servers are far less populair than the community servers.

It feels like the developers are fighting against it with making a server browser where the official servers are in the first place.

Lissen to your community and make the game more fun! Official servers feel like an empty map where everything goes so slow paste.

We are at the point where the community scripters making more improvement than the dev's itself...

Just my opinion.....

What i notice in the first place is that the official servers are far less populair than the community servers.

It feels like the developers are fighting against it with making a server browser where the official servers are in the first place.

Lissen to your community and make the game more fun! Official servers feel like an empty map where everything goes so slow paste.

We are at the point where the community scripters making more improvement than the dev's itself...

Just my opinion.....

Keep official servers on the 1st page :D

Of course official hosts get more in the spotlight, but I like my idea. xD

Just my opinion.....

Completely agree with you here

This page used to only feature official servers with this web server browser we have actually added over 1000+ other public servers with this update. The goal is to make it easier for players to find servers. I will be making some changes based on the feedback here and looking into extending support to all compatible servers.

This page used to only feature official servers with this web server browser we have actually added over 1000+ other public servers with this update. The goal is to make it easier for players to find servers. I will be making some changes based on the feedback here and looking into extending support to all compatible servers.

Its a good idea, but its a little indecipherable (google translate ftw) to see where to find other servers then officials, and they are not as full as public servers.

I think you should mix them, official and public, and like my topic above, new servers featured.

What defines a compatible server? It running epoch or what?

Most likely not running extra mods, such as @Emod and @MAS

If they support them then they'll need to provide a download mirror, it's extra bandwidth and not what the devs want added.

At the minute they officially support @Epoch and @allinarmaterrainpack (AiA TP)

Most likely not running extra mods, such as @Emod and @MAS

If they support them then they'll need to provide a download mirror, it's extra bandwidth and not what the devs want added.

At the minute they officially support @Epoch and @allinarmaterrainpack (AiA TP)

@MAS is accepted, just Emod

Yes that is the idea

I still believe that standalone launchers are more used already and do not restrict the servers that are shown. Survival launcher and a3l are already popular and function perfectly fine. I understand the idea around the server list but someone raised the point that we don't need another launcher. A web interface seems good but has no real mod download system, which these other launchers do. I support the development of it however I wonder how useful it will be.

The second point is the restrictions in place. As far as I'm aware (correct me if I'm wrong) but some mods are blocked by the launcher? From what I've read in other posts it looks as if they are themed around Emod, which after some research seems to be a small mod that allows servers to change things, which I assume the devs don't want to be used. But blacklisting servers seems a bit excessive, especially if this web page is meant to be a replacement of a launcher, seems a bit like trying to censor people who don't follow your exact expectations.

I think this project looks decent and I like the layout, however I don't believe standalone launchers blacklist servers they don't approve of, sort of defeats the purpose of having a launcher do you not think? I understand the need to moderate the files as it causes problems when people start modifying things. I still believe that a launcher is pointless, not if it shows a preference to some servers, but intentionally blacklists anything made by someone the creator doesn't like.

As I said, loving the development of the mod but I think this may be slightly out of order, not sure, keep up the work.

This is just something I did on the side and is not meant to replace a standalone application. Thanks to Axeman we have 2.0 of our own launcher/downloader/server browser application in development that should be released soon.

The thing is that having our own options for distribution means we do not get boxed in like we did with DayZ Commander relying on a single source. Like I have said many times there is nothing wrong with more launcher options. 

The thing is that having our own options for distribution means we do not get boxed in like we did with DayZ Commander relying on a single source.

+1 for this ^

How many times did we (server admins) have our server edits done, only to wait 2 days sometimes for Josh to release the client files ?

This is just something I did on the side and is not meant to replace a standalone application. Thanks to Axeman we have 2.0 of our own launcher/downloader/server browser application in development that should be released soon.

The thing is that having our own options for distribution means we do not get boxed in like we did with DayZ Commander relying on a single source. Like I have said many times there is nothing wrong with more launcher options. 

Which mods will this launcher support? Is it going to an unbiased server browser? Or like the web based browser only list mods you deem worthy?

Which mods will this launcher support? Is it going to an unbiased server browser? Or like the web based browser only list mods you deem worthy?

My guess is the mods they support, AiA TP and Epoch, anything else isn't part of Epochs plans so i can't see them wasting bandwidth hosting other addons.