JSRS3:DragonFyre released today....

Darth_Rogue

Awol said he will never support CBA

If that's true it would be nice to get an official statement as to why that is.  Granted, I don't know everything AWOL knows, but it seems to me that implementing (or at least allowing) CBA would open a lot of positive doors for Epoch, let alone the fact that it would allow Epoch community members to do some really cool custom stuff on our servers, which would only further grow the Epoch brand.  Most A3 mods and addons utilize CBA, so there must be some solid positive reasons why it's so popular with so many mod makers across various types of mods and addons. 

How do you get past Epoch overwriting BIS functions that CBA uses?  What about the pubvar kick that's tied to a random variable that changes on every restart making it impossible to create a filter exception for it?

Dragonfyre works on all MGT servers too. Guess MGT just have better coders to bypass awol's grasp on locking up the code.

Well I'm not going to argue that I'm a rookie when it comes to coding, so that's not surprising.  But then again neither is most of the rest of us.  CBA is written so it should be plug and play, and that's exactly how it should work with Epoch, IMO.

It certainly won't work with stock Epoch files since when using CBA you get this error:

9:44:39 Error in expression <pile = true };

if (BIS_fnc_init && {!_recompile}) exitWith {};  

;

if >
 9:44:39   Error position: <&& {!_recompile}) exitWith {};  

;

if >
 9:44:39   Error &&: Type code, expected Bool
 9:44:39 File x\cba\addons\common\init_functionsModule.sqf, line 22
 9:44:39 Error in expression <pile = true };

;

if >
 9:44:39   Error position: <&& {!_recompile}) exitWith {};  

;

if >
 9:44:39   Error Generic error in expression
 9:44:39 File x\cba\addons\common\init_functionsModule.sqf, line 22

That's CBA trying to overwrite BIS functions also used by Epoch.  Until that is solved JSRS won't work.  

Are you using cba 0.9? Works out of the box with a few filters then.

Yes I've got.9. If you run CBA the same time as Epoch it errors out. See the spoiler a few posts up for the specific error. CBA loads partially yes. But the BIS function conflict with Epoch (shown in the above error) prevents JSRS from loading properly.

Awol said he will never support CBA

Without an actual quote in context, I'll label that as complete hearsay. The impression I've had from talking with the man is that he is very much for supporting addons on top of Epoch, but NEVER actually intergrating them into Epoch. The general design philosophy by my impression is that they want Epoch to be its own thing, contrary to the past where they added other people's work (with permission) inside the mod itself. Now they seem to be going for a completely own mod, and thus, CBA will never be a part of that.

But, naturally CBA can be added on top of (or alongside if you will) Epoch. That will be supported, and it will be supported perhaps from 0.3.0 already.

It should be noted of course though that these sound modifications do suck some extra performance out of your clients, which is why it is preferrable that they are run client-side and are optional (in my opinion).

Yeah that's one of the cool things about JSRS.  It is totally optional.  It is run client side only, so some clients connecting can have it while others don't have to.  And since it's client side it has no impact on server performance.  As for CBA, it doesn't have to be included inside Epoch.  CBA is and always will be its own thing.  They just have to code Epoch so as to take advantage of the extra tools that CBA brings to the table.  Consequently, CBA would be required for Epoch to run.  Under many other circumstances I would totally understand the hesitation for wanting to "get in bed" with a third party addon, since you never know if you can count on a developer to maintain their project, but this is CBA we're talking about here...a staple of the Arma community for many years.  It is required by most popular mods and addons.  CBA isn't going away.  There are no licensing issues since it is a standalone package and does not require direction integration.  It's no different than Epoch Chernarus requiring AiA TP to run.  The only good reason NOT to run it would be that the devs may have to go back and redo some basic mod functions to take advantage of the CBA benefits.  From there the sky is the limit and there's no place to go but up.  It would add some work right now, yes, but the payoff in the end would be huge, both for the mod itself AND the community.  

You only need keys for JSRS/CBA on the server side and some Battleye Filters...

Not sure WTF you guys are on about :D

I'm going to do some more testing today.  I've been wracking my brain trying to wrap my head around how MGT and a couple others have it running.  I'm wondering if it's the BE filters keeping the CBA scripts from running.  I have no kicks when running it but then again I'm set as admin on my test server, so it may be allowing me to stay connected but disallowing the scripts from running.  What's weird though is there are no BE errors.  You'd think if that were the case I'd be getting kicked left and right. 

You only need keys for JSRS/CBA on the server side and some Battleye Filters...

Not sure WTF you guys are on about :D

That's not true. CBA runs an own cfgDisplay which the AH blocks.

The only way to get around that is by altering the AH (or running another AH where you can insert an exception). None of which ways are supported.

That's not true. CBA runs an own cfgDisplay which the AH blocks.

The only way to get around that is by altering the AH (or running another AH where you can insert an exception). None of which ways are supported.

Maybe if CBA were added to the allowed addons list?

I don't know. I can't get it to work on my system.

I added all the cfgPatches for CBA and JSRS to the AH exception list and still got banned.  

Disabled the patch checking and that fixed the banning.  

Still got a pubvar kick with error: Value Restriction #0 "pytidf" = ["Changed RscDisplayConfigure >> onLoad >> ["onLoad",_this,"RscDisplayConfigure",'GUI'] call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "A3\ui_f\scripts\initDisplay.sqf"; _this call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "\x\cba\addons\keybinding\gui\initDisplay.sqf"",0,<NULL-object>,"yqgtt"]  

Disabled the Anti-Hack altogether and set pubvar line 0 to 1 vs. 7.  Pubvar kick and error stopped.  

BUT....My client is still getting the error in my RPT.....

9:11:13 Error in expression <pile = true };

;

if >
 9:11:13   Error position: <&& {!_recompile}) exitWith {};  

;

if >
 9:11:13   Error &&: Type code, expected Bool
 9:11:13 File x\cba\addons\common\init_functionsModule.sqf, line 22
 9:11:13 Error in expression <pile = true };

;

if >
 9:11:13   Error position: <&& {!_recompile}) exitWith {};  

;

if >
 9:11:13   Error Generic error in expression
 9:11:13 File x\cba\addons\common\init_functionsModule.sqf, line 22
 9:11:13 Fresnel k must be >0, given n=0.8,k=0

...and as a result CBA won't load completely, which means no JSRS.

Running the most current version of all mods and addons.  I've done all I can do.  Someone smarter than me is going to have to figure it out.  

EDIT - Ok..everyone just ignore me.  JSRS is running.  I was testing it with the M107, which the new JSRS has no patches for. Arma 3 Weapons and vehicles work fine.  Now I just have to figure out the kicks and bans.

Ok so it's not going to be possible to run JSRS and CBA with the stock Anti-hack.  Even with pubvar line 0 set to '1' (log only) I still get kicked for  Value Restriction #0 "pytidf" = ["Changed RscDisplayConfigure >> onLoad >> ["onLoad",_this,"RscDisplayConfigure",'GUI'] call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "A3\ui_f\scripts\initDisplay.sqf"; _this call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "\x\cba\addons\keybinding\gui\initDisplay.sqf"",0,<NULL-object>,"yqgtt"]  

This only happens with the AH turned on.  I will work with Skaronator and see if it can be fixed in a future version of the AH.