[Suggestion] Group players on map

POLARICED

Would be cool to see your groups players on the map (the one you see when you press M), be able to command them through the map like a squad leader and see their names while you're playing. Also would be cool, for big groups only, to have the ability to create small squads to coordinate better the operations (i.e. raiding a base, doing missions, etc.), what do you think about guys ? 

Could you explain to me what is ESP please?

Extra Sensory Perception. Essentially the ability to know more than what anyone else knows.

Although with the proper BE Filters in place, it would be very hard for a hacker to run anything, on the off chance they do having createMarkerLocal open allows for them to run use an ESP script.

With createMarkerLocal the client can add a marker to the map that only they can see. Altis life uses the system for it's group map marking.

A hacker could add a marker locally to them onto every player, or vehicle, or whatever they want.

Thanks for explaining to me guys

Different colored hexes would be sweet though.

You think? It would be a little frustrating for me to have different colored hexes in my sight and not be able to change the color of those. I prefer name tags and, if measuring the distance between two players is impossible, making it colored could be nice. For example red could mean you're far away, green you're near the player and blue he's next to you

Thanks for explaining to me guys

You think? It would be a little frustrating for me to have different colored hexes in my sight and not be able to change the color of those. I prefer name tags and, if measuring the distance between two players is impossible, making it colored could be nice. For example red could mean you're far away, green you're near the player and blue he's next to you

Rather just have like it is now but different colored, takes less space on the screen. No measuring, players should learn to aprox distance to landmarks and use compass.

As mentioned above coloured hexagons based off distance is a perfect solution in my opinion.

If somebody is:

1k+ away they are red

500-999m they are orange and

0-500m = Blue

To help distinguish players maybe just add a small translucent number inside the hexagon? 1, 2, 3, 4 etc... At the bottom of the HUD it groups players in those numbers anyway...

As mentioned above coloured hexagons based off distance is a perfect solution in my opinion.

If somebody is:

1k+ away they are red

500-999m they are orange and

0-500m = Blue

To help distinguish players maybe just add a small translucent number inside the hexagon? 1, 2, 3, 4 etc... At the bottom of the HUD it groups players in those numbers anyway...

That if you see the group/squad interface, because sometimes I don't see it at all

That if you see the group/squad interface, because sometimes I don't see it at all

Yeah it is random for me too, most times its there but ive had instances where it doesn't show up - I wonder if im pressing something by accident to hide/show it... Can anyone shed some light? I also fluked last night being able to tell a group member to follow me, and it placed a marker on his location which gave me a distance in km/m to how far away he was. Would love to know how to do these things intentionally lol....

• 4 weeks later...

This is because although you are the "Group Leader" as in you made the group, as you know (or not) Epoch uses the build in "squad"/"group" icon/rank system, The first person in your group to join the server, fills the "leader" position by default. So if you are not the first person in your group to join the server, you will not see the bar in the bottom left showing the group members.

We disabled Hexagons completly :)

Its just another fail-easymode-thing. We didnt had them in A2, they are totaly unrealistic and take the tactical disadvantage large groups normaly have. Leads to Servers where 20 guys are in one TS Channel/Group, bashing anyone else on the server without having to ask who is who in a fight.

Its so much more tactical gameplay :)

• 4 weeks later...

I just wish hexes would disappear once the player is out of sight or a far distance away so that it would be more realistic. In real life, you can easily see who your buddy or squad mate is just by their height, shape, posture, etc. Arma doesn't have fully customizable characters so it's mostly impossible to distinguish your buddy from someone else. In this, hexes are kind of necessary imo.

However, the hexes should only serve that purpose, or at least it would be nice to be able to choose to configure it that way. I think it makes things way too easy to see where everyone is without even seeing them themselves. Add distance to markers? Come on. I mean i guess it should be optional.

Name tags or colored hexes would help a lot though too as far as distinguishing who is who, though I'd imagine name tags would get in the way.