This mod is weak

KnG James

Just has the title says everything is weak and fragile....

You can die from a floor or wall, Instant death, not like A2 bleed for ages u can bandage take painkillers antibiotics and bloodbags, I know this is the game and not the mod but surely you can up the HP of players a little and maybe make the walls/floors a ghost when placing them.

Get tagged by a shitty gun, dead! weak as hell this game fed up of dying from shitty glitches and bugs!! 

Oh lets introduce a multigun, instead of taking time to create more vehicle repair parts, bandages and other medicals, lazy if you ask me this game is far from a survival game. Most people are treating it like wasteland.

I've spent hours building my base for a guy with explosives to bring it to the ground with a few satchels. Weak bases no point in even maintaining it because it will still come down with a few satchels again....maintenance is pointless doesn't fix anything just stops it from disappearing, Remove explosives or make them super rare!

Before people moan at me and say its a game just rebuild a new base, I've been playing since closed alpha and had about 5-6 different bases and this mod is shit, I can remember when epoch for A2 came out i was well excited and enjoying it and that was before modular building came out. 

Physics are poor as hell too, they don't even work, they like half work, you can still build floating bases, walls and floors are poor at snapping into place and are always jumping and moving around.

Epoch developers need to fully release there files IMO were would they even be without the community making custom server mods and scripts, oh that's right back on A2 with no snap build or anything just chopping trees and building bases great fun guys great fun! NOT! we need custom server mods that's what makes servers unique and different. 

Little rant over lol have a nice day 

Yup.. It can get frustrating.

I keep telling myself.. It's Alpha.

Players have mentioned most of what you said so hopefully the more that mention it they can hone and tweak and in the end fix these things.

I totally agree things just seem so darn fragile right now it's like everything is made out of glass.. even your body.

Yea.. gotta laugh at the mulit-tool.  We just need a multi-looter to go do our looting for us.  Then I can just remotely control it from the base.  Golden!

Lol that's what I keep telling him, it's alpha and the code hasn't been fully released yet in order for server owners to make big tweaks, but he likes to spit his dummy out every now and then lol.

Ghosting the building objects is a must, especially considering the walls don't rotate as well as they do on A2, then when they snap they go bat shit mental.

You're miss reading it Major, we started epoch about 2 month before modular building was introduced. My steam account says I've got 600hours on a2 and that's only since the steam move over as I bought arma 2 from a third party, however overall about 1200hours plus. However he is referring to the arma 3 version been "shit" not A2, A2 Epoch was brilliant, but IMHO this is due to the community not just core development of the mod itself, take a look trough epoch for a2 and have a look at how many scripts they have implemented that other users have created over the few years. I know a few of Axemans scripts have been implemented and he landed himself a place on the dev team for A3.

Keeping the files hush hush and obscuring them is a bit childish if you ask me, just so no one else can claim it? It's Epoch ffs, everyone who knows arma knows who made Epoch so why does it need to be hidden only to have people go against it and de-obscure it anyway?

For instance all this crap with the servers who are running infistar get removed from official server listing? The fucks that's about. Understandable Chris has been accused of stealing code from Epoch etc etc so they have a dispute and I understand he's added the guid of all devs to his tools to instantly get banned upon joining a server, all seems like playground business but we won't go into that.

CCG or more in particular Macca have already de-obscured the mission file and I'm sure others have aswell and look at the stuff they are managing to implement.

My main point here is, without the freedom to edit codeine and such as we did on A2, how is Epoch expected to grow for arma 3? Because in my opinion, it's not doing well at the moment.

Don't get me wrong I think the devs have done great and can't applaud then enough for what they bring to arma, I was totally hyped when I heard they was moving to A3, only reason I bought it, but as I said, I feel this mod needs the community involvement to really bring it forward

I have to agree with Richie.  This mod is going to be epic.

I've died many times to glitches and now I just don't really care anymore.

I'm hopeful they will eventually get to fix the annoyances as best they can.

We can't expect everything to be fixed in a day and the developers are basically working from scratch here.

I personally think this is going to blow Stand Alone away.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would love to be a beta tester for new items. I think the developers don't really have the time to really work new items and see any faults.

The Jack I had recently experienced didn't work for me and I wondered how long did they test it before putting it in.  At first It only went up a short distance and I was able to pick it up.  Second time I tried it (After a server restart)  I noticed it went up a lot higher than when initially tried but then I could not pick it up anymore. I could only lower/raise it.  I also could not get it under the vehicle enough to really effectively push it back on it's wheels.

Things like that I would be totally willing to get on a test server and work them to the bone to report issues.  

As we are having a steam hours competition, just checked mine and am at 2208 hours for Arma 3, 1% of that is actual play time. I wouldn't want to imagine what Awol is up to but he is more than likely on for a guiness world record of hours logged..

We are re-creating the dayZ Epoch Mod, from scratch, in Arma 3 to make Epoch. It does take time.. We hear your comments about the mod as it is in it's current stage and we do read all feedback, positive and negative (thanks for your compliments on A2 Epoch btw).

From my perspective, we are solely trying to concentrate on getting a base for the mod to work from at this stage, this is not a finished product by a long shot. If you liked dayZ Epoch then stick around because it's the same people, with the same aims and the same idea for good gameplay.

As for hiding files, all will be revealed at the release. Is there a single thing that is stopping people from adding their own missions and mods that will work alongside Epoch ? If so, I don't see it. I wouldn't need to disable / cripple a well thought out server structure to create my own mod ! I would ask myself do I want 100 player servers or do I want my server full of unmanaged AI sucking up all the server CPU ?

And yes I agree, satchel charges are a problem.. Which will be dealt with, just not with a blunt instrument..

Reading the OP (3 posts the wiser) and vibe, clearly with an axe to grind, why are you coming here trolling and trying to get a rise out of us ? Good on Macca, I have no doubt he is talented, I have followed his work since the opendayz.net days and have a lot of respect, you're preaching to the converted mate..

The fact that he can take code that has had many many hours put into it and then add something does not make a new Mod, from scratch.. It also doesn't mean, as he can add whatever bauble makes you happy, that your shiny won't be added further down the line anyway when we get the time to start adding in the niceties.

We will add them and we talk a lot about what everyone wants, based on this forum, twitch feedback, twitter etc. etc. We Do Listen, so calm down and thanks for your feedback..

Trolling wasn't my intent of the post and I apologise if it came across like that, I just meant that people are already deobscuring it or what ever you'd like to call it so is they much point in it been done anymore?

I understand you're building the mod from scratch and again I aswell as many others appreciate time and effort put into it, I can't imagine the headaches you get after a day of work (it once took me a whole day to get your lighting script working before it was implemented into core for A2)

I suppose looking at it from a different perspective that me and James started A2 Epoch after it's initial release and it had been about for a while, so majority of kinks and creases had already been ironed out.

Hopefully you guys manage to bring the success over from A2 onto A3 and keep the mod one of the most popular for Arma.

No probs was more aimed at OP (still trying to glean some useful feedback from the post, might just delete it). The way I see it, the obsfucation was an experiment at a time when we were under persistent attack from certain hackers who were trying to extort us. Taking it out now is just time consuming, there is no hidden agenda, we're just working on other, new stuff.

There are all sorts of bits of code in the released server and client files that don't always make sense or 'could be done better'. We do know and will get to them, At the moment, if something looks odd then it's going to get looked at on a later date, so long as it works and doesn't cause issues for now. Call it a placeholder for future updates.

Aah, lights and the reason I got into coding for dayZ :) Hang in there, the same ethos is there from A2. I should add, with newer people also with some considerable talent.

Wow calm down guys I won't comment on the coding issues, I also am aware it's very early and things take time, And yes axeman I love dayzepoch I've put in well over 1000 hours playing a2 epoch and 300 hours playing a3 epoch, I won't be going anywhere anytime soon...I'm not totally against the building mechanism either I think with some improvements it could work really well, explosives though is too much, raiding bases is fun but when players are bringing down full bases that people have spent a lot of time building is just an ignorant and stupid way of playing, all servers are the same at the minute too, not much difference between them, I've played multiple servers and explosives are available on them all. As much as I hate a3 epoch right now, I can't keep away from it, I think its maybe because a2 is dying and Ill never turn to dayz standalone, but thanks for takin your time to read my little rant.

Yeah the building system needs some work.  Overall I feel the concept is much better than the A2 system, but I think the physics system needs to be removed from building materials.  Either that or collisions between items needs to be seriously tweaked (which is probably an Arma thing which means the Epoch team has no control over it).  There also needs to be a fine adjustments setting added so you can do precision building.  It's not needed all the time, but depending on where you are and what kind of terrain you're building on it would certainly help.

As to the OP's concern about people bringing down bases with explosives, we have a rule on my servers - no total demolition of bases.  You may breach a wall and clear the structure of enemies in order to loot its contents, but bringing the whole thing down to the ground is more than just looting.  That's being an asshole, and we're not cool with that.  

As time goes on and more features are introduced into Epoch and as more community made scripts and addons are created we will start to see the field become more diverse.  Server owners will have to be careful though to not add too much stuff and kill the performance or make it too complicated for players.  

i dont understand this... the buildingsystem is good and works good.... physik is realistic and good.... many peolpe must just learn to build....i often died during build , learn from mishaps and Carry On !

you can build beautiful things ! also flying bases are not a problem:

t9DaPvk.jpg

RXTj6G9.jpg

ZIMZVO6.jpg

R0Ya97O.jpg

pTE4pol.jpg

cWs610f.jpg

tA7mQ9H.jpg

the buildingsystem is good and works good.... physik is realistic and good....

it seems you newer were flying away with your woodfloor-in-progress ^^ this has nothing to do with "physics" or wanna-be physix either

also flying bases are not a problem:

since you can remove middle walls etc again when the woodfloors are placed above them there also CAN and WILL be flying air bases again... only a matter of time...

The base building does need a lot of work, but I can see there's a lot more to come. The physics is actually pretty realistic until you start trying to put one part into another then the physx goes nuts and doesn't know how to handle it.

The flying away on a floor is as much a glitch as users needing to learn how the system works, it happened to me once and hasn't happened again since because I'm aware of the problem and work around it by pushing floors away from myself (home key) before I start manipulating it into place. Pretty simple really.

Keep up the good work devs, thanks for everything so far.

Do you guys really read the feedback section? Because if you do, that's awesome!