Hackers

red_ned

Had a hacker on tonight who kicked everyone on the server repeatedly

He seemed to get them kicked via "CreateVehicle Restriction #61" where he got players to spawn "RUBasicWeaponsBox".

Then to add insult he left map markers on the server which cant be deleted(which should come off on reboot).

We have his steam ID and profile so currently reporting him.

Other than switching on that darn infistar which i really dont want to, is there another way of stopping the map writing and spawning?

cheers

ned

hacker1.jpg

hacker2.jpg

hacker3.jpg

I have gone through the logs and apart from one possible person I have no recording of the name as i have ERROR in the tables for about 10 different IDs.

It was fast and logs seem to have so much spam there is little I can find.

The only reason we know who it was is you can see on steam who was just playing with you.

Sorry guys but i don't think I can do much more even though i have full server logs and dart logs.

I would love to know how to undo that writing if it ever happens again though if anyone has a clue?

Isn't it lovely that you spend money and huge amounts of time building a server where people spend months creating things only for some tw@ script kiddie to come along with his downloaded stupidity.

still trolling through to find what name he was using as the last Josh on the server had about 15 ids but his steam is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/98765424723235/

will post when i find it as I don't want to post an innocent person

How can this be his Steam ID as on this account he does not even have Arma 3 on this account?

Edit : Opps sorry my mistake just woke up so I missed it

no problem, plus i am fairly sure i just found the little scrote:

Was called Sid

GUID - 1d99379f41354e44dfac0f74669dc65c

P/ID- 76561198168502439

he had some characters in his name that were non-standard so took a while but only person not to be kicked, joined a couple of minutes before, left after last kick and not been on server before.

He also spawned 100 zombies just after joining - probably testing his hacks.

Please feel extra smug while pre-banning this little d!ck from your servers.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I think we need a share hackers thread somewhere as we were attacked again, this time he decided to tp and kill everyone:

Anonymous
Previously seen named Mystic
0110eea92059051663e09a4aa18c2de0
STEAM_0:0:104647144

He then decided to post on our forums to gloat and threaten- http://cic-gaming.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=20037

It would be nice if we could share more of these across servers to try and get rid of as many as possible, ofc there would have to be legitimate evidence of an offence but BE/BEC/VAC and all the other anti cheat/hack people don't seem to deal with this quickly enough.

BTW the player who reported thought there was 2 people due to one player being teleported and opened fire in confusion but there was only one.

ned

I think we just experienced the same hack again. Several players got kicked for spawning the weapons crate 'RUBasicWeaponsBox' (restriction  #61), then suddenly the server starts deleting all objects and vehicles just as the 'suspected' player leaves. Earlier today, we suffered the same deleted objects scenario, and mysteriously the same player was online at that time also.

Only player not to be kicked by the createvehicle restriction is obviously our prime suspect.

Will post the details once we're 100% sure on the culprit.

It should be ALL PUBLIC, all posible or confirmed hackers, their steamID, their GUID their Steam names or ingame names should be publicly available for everyone. It is the only way you can manage their population and baning them as soon as they appear. I think what hurts Bugemia Interactive is all this secrecy, not posting it for others to see etc.. It hurts the community. And as long as admins and players not share the information, all, including them, will be affected by it.

So yeah, I think, in my humble opinion of course, that epoch mod should have a thread dedicated for all possible and confirmed hackers and make it public, so that every admin could ban them. No questions asked.