Player without identity error running Epoch locally

theirongiant

Question

Hi,

I've been trying to set up Epoch to run locally for messing about with and testing but I'm having an issue with getting kicked from the server with an error in my rpt saying: Server error: Player without identity theirongiant (id xxxxxxxxxx).  Tried googling around without much luck, can anyone throw me a bone as to what the issue might be, as I feel that I'm missing something obvious?

Cheers

6 answers to this question

It seems that I have the same problem on my own server which I've just setup.

I haven't been able to connect to the game map at least once with any computer. All players are immediately kicked with the message "Player without identity".

I've already added these 2 lines in my config.cfg (I've found that advise in another forum):

steamport = 2300;

steamqueryport = 2301;

Nevertheless, I have no solution so far :( .

So theirongiant, what do you mean with "verified the game cache for the arma server and it appeared to update the steam_appid.txt file"?

Thanks,

Irene

player_without_identib0srq.png

Ok, I have updated the cache now via Steam --> Game Library --> Properties --> Local Files --> Validate Game Files. I got a message that 4 files had to be updated. Furthermore my steamapp_id.txt has a new number now.

Question: Do I need a second account for my server for Steam? Or in other words: Do I need to buy the game twice when hosting my own server? As soon as I start Steam on the server, I get disconnected on my client PC where I use the same account. There is a warning message that another computer is using the same account and then one can decide which one to disconnect.

Ok, I have updated the cache now via Steam --> Game Library --> Properties --> Local Files --> Validate Game Files. I got a message that 4 files had to be updated. Furthermore my steamapp_id.txt has a new number now.

Question: Do I need a second account for my server for Steam? Or in other words: Do I need to buy the game twice when hosting my own server? As soon as I start Steam on the server, I get disconnected on my client PC where I use the same account. There is a warning message that another computer is using the same account and then one can decide which one to disconnect.

You only want to install the steamcmd line not the full thing. I used this guide to set up my dedi server http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server it's pretty comprehensive and fairly straightforward.

I am haven the same issue. I made a server for offline only so I can test new addons.

when unplugged from the net I get 

0:49:41 Server error: Player without identity Skittles (id 2111719456)
 0:49:41 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #2111719456, users.card=0
 0:49:41 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 2111719456
 0:49:41 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 2111719456 (Skittles)
 0:49:41 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #2111719456, users.card=0
 0:49:41 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 2111719456
 0:49:41 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 2111719456 (Skittles)
 0:50:57 c:\w\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!

When i plug it back into the internet and restart the server, it works fine. I am able to join.