Losing connection dupe bug - Please help to fix it!

Fansky

Question

Hey guys, iam there to find a possibility that this duping glitch will do not work any more!

I think most of you know that bug, if you do not know, its better for you to do not know it ;)

Isn't there a solution, where every player who is losing connection ( or not connected to the server at this moment ) will get a stucked or freezed screen ?

Maybe with this fine commands client-side:

if not connected to server:
disableuserinput true; // player cant do anything (duper cant put his backpack down or into a car/shed/whatever)

and if connected again:

disableuserinput false; // could do everything again.

or another solution, where the player is unable to abort while losing connection - or got into combat while losing connection

or kicking every player, who aborded to lobby ( bad solution but better then let the whole world dupe - in general this dupe wont work with alt+F4/Shift+P etc couz you got disconnected )

or making players unable to abort near everything with a storage OR near a backpack lying on the ground (I think MGT got a nice fix like this but you could also dupe with lying backpack to the ground - maybe share your fix with us)

By MGT:

Added: Anti-Dupe. If you try and log out or disconnect near a storage item (safe/lockbox/vehicle/shed etc) with an identical backpack in, it will give an alarm and ask you to move away to disconnect. This is not for server restarts, this is only for clients who disconnect, abort, right shift and P or lose connection near storage.

The Problem making this dupe to work is, that the player will only abort to lobby and did not disconnect from server!

Please everyone who realy know wich duping method i mean, try to help and find a solution making this nice game better :=)

Please everyone who do not know iam talking about, please do not start to find a fix for your problems in this thread.

Much thanks to everyone who could help ;)

Yeah but its a bit overkill, a easy and much less network taffic usage would be to just detect if the red chains gets shown, but nobody can tell which display it used ..... even not in the Bi forums ->> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187729-Show-active-displays-(looking-for-red-chain-idd)&p=2859804#post2859804

Yeah but its a bit overkill, a easy and much less network taffic usage would be to just detect if the red chains gets shown, but nobody can tell which display it used ..... even not in the Bi forums ->> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187729-Show-active-displays-(looking-for-red-chain-idd)&p=2859804#post2859804

That true, we have more network traffic due to the PVs, but if you compare it to infistar its nothing ;)

Your is also interesting, to disconnect the player when the red chain is occuring.

But sometimes you get these chains whithout losing connection on a server.

Wouldn't that be a problem?

Why disconnect him ? just disallow him to open the menu while the red chain is present and its done :)

//edit, Found out more.... sadly RscPendingInvitation (red chain) do not have a idd...... (source ->> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Benargee's_Sandbox)so i think its not possible to detect if its currently visible.....

Using the script provided on this topic, I found out if cleared my server from most duping ( did not get any reports of new duping so far ).

I customized it to make the punishment... more... efficient? ;)

If someone wanna take a look.

private ["_time_count"];
cad_pvar_shared_var = player; cad_pvar_server_answer = 0; _time_count = diag_tickTime;
publicVariableServer "cad_pvar_shared_var";
while {diag_tickTime - _time_count < 8 && cad_pvar_server_answer == 0 } do {sleep 0.05;};
if (cad_pvar_server_answer == 0) exitWith {
	_BroadcastMessageAntiDupe = format ["%1 attempted to dupe!!! Let the admins know!", name player];
 [nil,nil,rTitleText,_BroadcastMessageAntiDupe,"PLAIN DOWN",10] call RE;  //Let everyone on the server know.
	diag_log format['Anti-Dupe: DUPER * %1 * FOUND! Let admins know! UID: %2',name player, getPlayerUID player];  //Logs duper name and UID
	systemChat "Anti-Dupe triggered!";
	hint "Anti-Dupe triggered!";
	titleText ["Anti-Dupe: You will therefore lose your ammo/items, your bag, and your map.","PLAIN DOWN"];
	(findDisplay 49) closedisplay 0;
	(vehicle player) setVehicleAmmo 0; //Removes all his ammo (also removes items)
	removeWeapon ItemMap; //Removes their map, but will leave their other Tools and guns
	removeBackpack player; //Self-Explanatory
	uisleep 8; 
	titleText ["Anti-Dupe will now kick you because you are bad! An admin has been notified of your actions. This was a warning.","PLAIN DOWN", 5];
	endMission "LOSER"; //Kick em to the lobby :3
};

Using the script provided on this topic, I found out if cleared my server from most duping ( did not get any reports of new duping so far ).

private ["_time_count"];
cad_pvar_shared_var = player; cad_pvar_server_answer = 0; _time_count = diag_tickTime;
while {diag_tickTime - _time_count < 8 && cad_pvar_server_answer == 0 } do {sleep 0.05;};
	_BroadcastMessageAntiDupe = format ["%1 attempted to dupe!!! Let the admins know!", name player];
 [nil,nil,rTitleText,_BroadcastMessageAntiDupe,"PLAIN DOWN",10] call RE;  //Let everyone on the server know.
	diag_log format['Anti-Dupe: DUPER * %1 * FOUND! Let admins know! UID: %2',name player, getPlayerUID player];  //Logs duper name and UID
	titleText ["Anti-Dupe: You will therefore lose your ammo/items, your bag, and your map.","PLAIN DOWN"];
	removeWeapon ItemMap; //Removes their map, but will leave their other Tools and guns
	uisleep 8; 
	titleText ["Anti-Dupe will now kick you because you are bad! An admin has been notified of your actions. This was a warning.","PLAIN DOWN", 5];
};

I think the problem is, this doesn't always mean they're duping.. this just stops them from duping if they are trying to. There could be a situation where they are losing connection and try to leave the server or relog without trying to dupe.

I think the problem is, this doesn't always mean they're duping.. this just stops them from duping if they are trying to. There could be a situation where they are losing connection and try to leave the server or relog without trying to dupe.

Consequences are not too bad, and in all honesty with this method it almost always mean they are trying to dupe. In the worst case in my server, they can come on TS to appeal and get their stuff back anyways :)

Found a new way to dupe. Not sure if I should share as the bad guys will know of it. Working on a fix atm.

If you want to help me try and fix this new dupe send me a private message.

Until I get a fix for it I will not post publicly about it as I have never seen this dupe before and I bet every server has this dupe wide open for players to abuse.

Found a new way to dupe. Not sure if I should share as the bad guys will know of it. Working on a fix atm.

If you want to help me try and fix this new dupe send me a private message.

Until I get a fix for it I will not post publicly about it as I have never seen this dupe before and I bet every server has this dupe wide open for players to abuse.

I can confirm what syco said. I tested it myself to see if it worked, and it worked on 100% of the servers I went on.

All I can say is that its regarding the mod system so... I don't recall a way to fix it yet. Working on it!

One thing is that epoch devs would maybe need to step in for this!

Hello

What is exactly needed to add to the BattlEye filters?

I'm getting a pvar restriction kick after installing the fix and so far i did not figure out what to add :P

Open your publicvariable.txt and on line two add  !="cad_pvar_shared_var"  at the end of the line so it looks like this

5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="currentInvites" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="norrinRAlie" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzPlayerLogin" !="dayzPlayerLogin2" !"PVAHR_" !="PVAH_AdminReq" !="PVAH_WriteLogReq" !="cad_pvar_shared_var"

Hello

What is exactly needed to add to the BattlEye filters?

I'm getting a pvar restriction kick after installing the fix and so far i did not figure out what to add :P

If you check your pvar log it tells you what you are getting kicked for. You make a filter like so  !="cad_pvar_shared_var" and add it to the pvar.txt on the appropriate lines.

private ["_time_count"];
	uisleep 8; 
};

Have you tested this to see if it works? 

Do I need to put this into my description.sqf or my server_functions.sqf?

Have you tested this to see if it works? 

Do I need to put this into my description.sqf or my server_functions.sqf?

It has been edited and re-tested lately, I can post you the one I currently use.

You need to add it to your description.ext in the part saying (around line 15 in my case):

onPauseScript = "custom\Bugs\AntiDupe.sqf";

Create a file called AntiDupe.sqf in the folder path I posted or put it wherever you want and edit the filepath to fit yours.

In the newly created sqf file, paste this:

private ["_time_count"];
_name = (name _player);
_puid = (getPlayerUID _player);
_txt = format ["Anti-Dupe: %1  (%2)  lost connection  (DC Dupe)  @%3",_name,_puid,(mapGridPosition _player)];
diag_log _txt;
titleText ["Anti-Dupe: You will lose part of your gear because u bad m8.","PLAIN DOWN"];
uisleep 8;
};

Ofc, it is still pretty customizable depending on the *punishments* you want to give.

It has been edited and re-tested lately, I can post you the one I currently use.

You need to add it to your description.ext in the part saying (around line 15 in my case):

onPauseScript = "custom\Bugs\AntiDupe.sqf";

Create a file called AntiDupe.sqf in the folder path I posted or put it wherever you want and edit the filepath to fit yours.

In the newly created sqf file, paste this:

private ["_time_count"];
_name = (name _player);
_puid = (getPlayerUID _player);
_txt = format ["Anti-Dupe: %1  (%2)  lost connection  (DC Dupe)  @%3",_name,_puid,(mapGridPosition _player)];
diag_log _txt;
titleText ["Anti-Dupe: You will lose part of your gear because u bad m8.","PLAIN DOWN"];
uisleep 8;
};

Ofc, it is still pretty customizable depending on the *punishments* you want to give.

tested, does not work