M3Editor - A3 3D Editor

maca134

No because it's being called server side.  Here's mine for reference.  Don't try to use these on Chernarus though because they're for Bornholm and they'll pop in weird places.  

attachicon.gifBornholm map addons.zip

I'm having some issue with this... Basically before I used you're files I used my own and when loading into the server I would get script restriction #4 so I deleted my files and used you're ones but uploaded my own buildings into you're one but I get the same #4 script restriction.

Script.log Restriction #4:

#4 "1 = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal getpos _v;
_smoke1 attachTo [_v,[0,0,0],"engine_effect_1"];
_pos = getPos _smoke1;
dele"

I think It could be because I added in a heli wreck that has animated smoke on it, Could that be the problem? Or would anybody happen to know the battleeye filter to add to by pass this kick? I understand in Script.txt on line 5 I have do add a filter just unsure what the filter is :S !="engine_effect_1" maybe?

!"_smoke1 attachTo [_v,[0,0,0],"engine_effect_1"];"

The above fixed the kick, However upon loading into the server the buildings I placed are not there :(

Any ideas why they are not loading?

I used Bornholm map addons.zip above, Am I supposed to place anything mission side to tell it to load the fn_init or would the server auto load it?

**EDIT**

I have them loading into the game now but now another problem... something seems to be crashing my client when I load the items in game... If I remove my buildings from the server and then join the game i get no crashes the second I add them back I begin to crash again...

I could understand crashing If I built something insane like the biggest town ArmA has ever seen but I'm not I have made a small trade town (not finished) and uploaded it to test it so far and make sure things work.... I can tell you... Something clearly does not. :)

hey, 

I use M3editor since 1 week and i love it but i have one problem. But not a little^^

I map for my server and the problem is with the format.

We cant use .sqf. It's not we cant launch map but in .sqf it's impossible for us to make objet indestructible and to place PNJ.

So i need help, do you know a converter sqf/sqm? Or just how make objet indestructible. Place pnj is just a little problem. 

I try to use MCC with M3. I open my files with M3 and after i save with mcc in .sqm but when we load the map after the altitude of objet change. They are all in 0 altitude, and it's a big problem because i put some part inside the ground. 

PS: Sorry if my english is bad it's not my native language

Nobody has a solution? 

Hey!

Thank you for this awesome editor. I have NEVER done anything like this. Tried for the first time tonight with your editor, and i must say im quite satisfied with what i managed to make :P

I have a couple questions tho...

1. While in the editor, when placing fences, gates and so on, how to i rotate them? When i click where i want it and add the item i want, it places itself in an angle i dont want it in. Havent figured out how to rotate. Tips on how to do that would be much apreciated!

2. I saved my work as sqf and added it to my Mission folder, called for the file in the init.sqf like this: [] execVM "airportmilitary1.sqf".

Had to add exceptions in "createvehicle.txt for the items not allowed on my server ofc, logged in and teleported to the location of the compound i made to check it out. Everything looks like its supposed to, but theres a couple bugs with it.

Bug no. 1: I have placed "Land_BarGate_F", when i open it, another bargate is "inside" it and i have to open another gate to be able to enter. Its like theres 2 BarGates directly on eachother(so only 1 is visible, but there is 2 there).

Bug no. 2: "Land_Cargo_Tower_V1_No1_F", "Land_Cargo_Tower_V1_No2_F", "Land_Cargo_Tower_V1_No3_F", "Land_Cargo_Tower_V1_No4_F", "Land_Cargo_HQ_V1_F" and "Land_Cargo_House_V1_F" got buggy doors, they are almost impossible to open. The "Open Door" ability in scroll menu blinks on and off 24/7. When i finally manage to open a door, another door is inside AND another one inside that. Theres 3 front doors on in the same house, and all has to be opened to be able to enter the building.

What causes these two bugs? Is it something i have done wrong?(most likely), Can anyone help me out?

Can it be the lines i have before and after the itemlist in my .sqf file?

private ["_objects"];
_objects = [

blablabla objects here

];

{
    private ["_obj"];
_obj = createVehicle [_x select 0, [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_obj setDir (_x select 2);
_obj setPosATL (_x select 1);
} foreach _objects;

Uploading my airportmilitary.sqf for you to look at, and if anyone wanna copy it and use it. By all means, DO IT! Free for All ;)

EDIT: couldnt upload, file too big. External link http://www.filedropper.com/airportmilitary1

Cheers! 

Hello,

Thx for this tool ;)

I have a problem with physics

- Custom PBO the physics seem to be activated and some items jump like the hell.
- Config.cpp physics is apparently disabled and my items stay in place.

I prefer to use a custom PBO but i need disabled physics, i tried to add enableSimulation false; in the SQF, but i'm not coder and nothing seem to work.

Thx for your help.

private ["_objs"];
_objs = [
	["CLASSITEMS",[23375.9,5339.21,12.5173],264.545,[[-0.995471,-0.0950634,0],[-0,0,1]],false]
];

{
	private ["_obj"];
	if (_x select 4) then {
		_obj setPos (_x select 1);
	} else {
		_obj setVectorDirAndUp (_x select 3);
	};
} foreach _objs;

Ok so when I placed everything in the editor it looked nice and neat everything was on the floor etc etc, but when I put it on the server stuff has went in the air a little and moved from the original place, anyone know how to fix this (see picture below to see what I mean).

OHW1aP4.jpg

Hi all, ok so I'm starting to mod for Arma 3 as I've been away from the scene for a while but with this amazing tool I can finally get some nice areas made.

First things first... How the hell do I unblock the dll's?!

I'm going to facepalm when I find out but please for the love of God help a brother out.

how do you actually get this into game as the editor spits out a very diffrent result than what I am used to :/

This is how I do it....

M3Editor to get access to all the stuff I want to add

101Editor to then start the build by opening an existing map and replacing the parts with those from the M3Editor

then once built I use a SQF to Bidie converter and then

use DEeditor to get it into game and save it down in the correct format....

This cant be right lol

easy way, build ur stuff in m3editor. when done click on the main menu button and choose "Copy to Clipboard and something with epoch". all ur stuff is now in the clipboard with the correct format.

now u only need to open the a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo.

in there is a file called "configs\maps\TheMapUWanttoAlter.h". just open that file up, copy the stuff from the clipboard into PropsPos (most likely delete the last comma), save, repack pbo and ur done.

propsPos[] = {

//debug lights

{ "Land_PortableLight_double_F", { 11665.6,15234.4,0.00144196 }, 40.7 },

{ "Land_PortableLight_double_F", { 11676.0,15246.3,0.00144196 }, 221.7 }
                     };

as mentioned, the format is already correct, when copied into clipboard.

saving as sqf is only needed to load the buildings into the editor again if u want to change/add something.

feel free to ask if u want to know more

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I am so very lost.. 

This is Export SQF

private ["_objs"];
_objs = [
["Land_MilOffices_V1_F",[11155.1,8337.58,0],0,[[0,1,0],[0,0,1]],false],
["Land_Atm_01_F",[11159.5,8325.51,0],0,[[0,1,0],[0,0,1]],false],
["Land_Atm_01_F",[11157.8,8325.51,0],0,[[0,1,0],[0,0,1]],false],
["Land_Atm_01_F",[11156.1,8325.51,0],0,[[0,1,0],[0,0,1]],false],
["Land_Atm_01_F",[11154.3,8325.51,0],0,[[0,1,0],[0,0,1]],false],
["Land_Atm_01_F",[11152.6,8325.51,0],0,[[0,1,0],[0,0,1]],false],
["Land_Atm_01_F",[11150.9,8325.51,0],0,[[0,1,0],[0,0,1]],false],
["Land_Atm_01_F",[11149.1,8325.51,0],0,[[0,1,0],[0,0,1]],false]
];

{
private ["_obj"];
if (_x select 4) then {
} else {
};
} foreach _objs;

This is Save Project

[
    ["Land_MilOffices_V1_F",[11155.1,8337.58,0],0,0,0,false],
    ["Land_Atm_01_F",[11159.5,8325.51,0],0,0,0,false],
    ["Land_Atm_01_F",[11157.8,8325.51,0],0,0,0,false],
    ["Land_Atm_01_F",[11156.1,8325.51,0],0,0,0,false],
    ["Land_Atm_01_F",[11154.3,8325.51,0],0,0,0,false],
    ["Land_Atm_01_F",[11152.6,8325.51,0],0,0,0,false],
    ["Land_Atm_01_F",[11150.9,8325.51,0],0,0,0,false],
    ["Land_Atm_01_F",[11149.1,8325.51,0],0,0,0,false]
]

This is Copy "Epoch" CFG to Clipboard

{"Land_MilOffices_V1_F", {11155.1, 8337.58, 0}, 0},
    {"Land_Atm_01_F", {11159.5, 8325.51, 0}, 0},
    {"Land_Atm_01_F", {11157.8, 8325.51, 0}, 0},
    {"Land_Atm_01_F", {11156.1, 8325.51, 0}, 0},
    {"Land_Atm_01_F", {11154.3, 8325.51, 0}, 0},
    {"Land_Atm_01_F", {11152.6, 8325.51, 0}, 0},
    {"Land_Atm_01_F", {11150.9, 8325.51, 0}, 0},
    {"Land_Atm_01_F", {11149.1, 8325.51, 0}, 0},

I have placed all of these one by one into my a3_epoch_server_settings put into a PBO and put back into my server files but the server will them not show up at all.

I have 0 - nil experience to setting up missions and what not but thought i would learn as i did. But this has been almost 12 hours of sitting doing nothing good. Please help.

What am i doing wrong?

Read it and when u do a export u just put it in a3_epoch_server_building.pbo , so when epoch updates u just simple copy it to the new version

Unless Axeman makes a superduper sapper with a giant mellonhead with 5 megaton nuke , and all of Altis dissapears under the waves

private ["_objs"];
_objs = [
    ["Land_Campfire_F",[12785.6,16687.8,-0.0380783],0,[[0,1,0],[0,0,1]],false],
];

{
    private ["_obj"];
    if (_x select 4) then {
    } else {
    };
} foreach _objs;

Using this for a while, works great tho. But... no roads?  :wacko:

If you want road, you will need to find a mod that defines them and then run it on the server. The editor will find most object classnames from the configs. If the mod has roads defined, they will be in the list.

Hey guys, got a question about using the chernarus.h file.

So, I see that the suggestion by Darth Rogue was to put your changes into the config.cpp inside the a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo under the propsPos.

I wanted to change up Stary a bit so I copied the Stary section in the chernaurs.h file into the tool to convert CFG to SQF which Maca posted in the OP then loaded it in the M3Editor.

Now, if I go in and remove some items (in stary) and add some things and basically modify it, save the project in the editor, I then have a custom Stary.

Why couldn't/shouldn't I just simply put the code into the // Stary Sobor Military section of the chernarus.h file? Is the chernarus.h file taboo?

Thanks.

Is there anything out there that would convert the Epoch world space format to sqf ?

I have a couple of map edits, one of which is over 500 lines, I need to convert as they where done when I first started using M3 Editor and did not realise the save overwrote the existing save.

Alternatively how do I go about doing this manually because they seem very different.