[Suggestion] Handling vehicles

f3cuk

Key version (preferred method, more realistic)

When you buy a vehicle from a normal trader you will get the key for and you can lock, unlock, start and locate (if you have GPS) the vehicle. The vehicle state will get saved to the database meaning it does not auto lock / unlock after restart.

Hotwire kits

In order to prevent large amounts of vehicles in the database that no one uses there should be hotwire kits. They should be just as hard to get as in A2 Epoch but a nice addition would be a selfmade one. The selfmade one has a high chance of getting destroyed in the proces. Hotwire kits are used to START a vehicle, not to break into them.

Gear inside vehicle
Opening a locked vehicle should be as easy as taking out a window and breaking in. Gear inside vehicles should be more easy to access and vehicles should therefore not be 'misused' as a safe haven for gear. If you want to store gear use a safe or lockbox.

Black market dealers
After you have succesfully hotwired a vehicle you cannot sell it to a normal trader. Normal traders only accept vehicles that have keys on them. Instead you have to sell the vehicle to a black market dealer that only gives you a small percentage of the normal price for it. You can also buy vehicles at the black market trader but they cannot be locked, furthermore you need the hotwire kit to start vehicles bought at the black market trader.

Make it so that the black market dealer only has a limited amount of coins to buy vehicles so it cannot be abused. Plus it is more realistic, you have to sell stuff before you can buy again. Original owners of the vehicle can buy their vehicles back at the black market dealer, their key should still work, giving them full ownership of the vehicle again.

Keyless version

Pretty much the same, but it uses your playerUID to binds vehicles instead of the keys.

Im with you here mostly as I am a big fan of the key system from A2 Epoch. A few things here I would change/add.

-Implement this key system ON TOP of the already 30 minute lock duration for a somewhat more permanent lock solution for vehicles you own when you are offline. (Still being able to find spawned vehicles and lock them for 30 mins.)

-A lot of people will complain about not knowing which keys go to which vehicle. Easily fixed. Just have it state the color/type/id of the vehicle. The id is incase you have 2 or more of each. (Example) Key-Brown Hunter 5678.

-Hotwire kits from A2 were no bueno and if they are just as rare then A2 then the vehicle database would be just as bad. I would prefer a craftable Lock/Key Stripper that requires a lot of components and has a 100 percent chance to break in. (Example) 4 Electronic Components, 1 Large Salvage Metal, etc. Once you break into the car the keys to the car becomes useless and it is now a vanilla vehicle with no key.

-KeyMakers kits. Allowing a player to find a spawned vehicle (Or Lock/Key Strip someone elses vehicle.) and make a key for it with basic supplies. (Example) 1 Salvage, 2 Electronic Components, etc.

-This would not only fix the overload of locked vehicles on the map problem but it would also ADD MISSION VALUE to finding a locked vehicle by knowing that you can break into the vehicle and make it your own.

So yea this is just my 2 cents. I think it would be nice and add another addition to base raiding/vehicle hunting with key/lock strips, lockpicks, hotwire kits, whatever you want to call them.