blckeagls' Real Zombies v0.0.5

blckeagls

Does anybody actually have this working successfully in Chernarus, if yes, do you care to either share your pbo files or possibly write up a proper guide? 

I have been struggling with this for a while now, and I think this will be a great addition to any server - if there was a proper how to.

The only caveat with Infected mod is that it's based on hard set markers identified in the mission file. In the init file, triggers are added to each marker location. I don't think this would be a hard thing to change though.

You may wanna start with

_locations = (nearestLocations [getArray (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition"), ["NameCityCapital","NameCity","Airport","NameVillage","CityCenter"], 20000]);

to get all your map locations.

Next I would put a trigger 300x300 on each location which would trigger as per the Infected mod's settings when player enters the trigger zone.

I'm running my main server on Altis but once 0.3.0.1 is released I want to move to M.S.K.E islands (this is where the video was made) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189416-M-S-K-E-4-Islands-Map

Due to so many differences between Z scripts and maps and other scripts you are already using, no one can give you a perfectly working scenario to make this work. My post was intended for admins who already are using some sort of Z script but struggle to put actual zombie faces on the models.

Hi shurix,

I can see by the "MPMissions\epoch.MSKE\custom\remote.sqf:" it was M.S.K.E islands, this is why i mentioned in my post - if anyone has gotten this working in chernarus :)

But once I get this working, will definately use your skins/tutorial - have downloaded the textures already - so just waiting and hoping some ninja can assist. :)

I was able to make my zombies look like zombies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5SBC4JPjzs

I used Infected script as the platform http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181485-Infected-Script-by-Gulozwood

You will need golozwood's additional skins as well https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2eMttqo9un-eGtQZUNqYVVQQjQ/edit?usp=sharing

When you spawn a zombie with your server-side script you need to set the face on each MP client. To do that you will need to send Z object as a public variable

_object = infectedattacker createUnit ["O_soldier_F",_buildingPos, [], 1, "PRIVATE"];

missionNamespace setVariable ["infected", _object];
publicVariable "infected";

Then on your mission side I have a handler

init.sqf:

[] execVM "custom\remote.sqf";

MPMissions\epoch.MSKE\custom\remote.sqf:

if(!isDedicated) then {
	setZomboyFace =  
	{  
		_me = _this; 
		_chosenFace = ["zombi","zomboy"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; 
		//diag_log format["_me=%1",_me];
		_me setFace _chosenFace; 
		_mimic = ["dead","danger","hurt"]  call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; 
		_me setMimic _mimic;
		enablesentences false; 
		_me setObjectMaterial [0, "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat"]; 
	};  

"infected" addPublicVariableEventHandler {(_this select 1) call setZomboyFace;};
};

Hello can anyone make this work for Altis Please?iam really looking for a working zombie script and this one Shurix is the one that iam really looking for.

Kind Regards

egamestudio - try to play around with settings in fn_autopop.sqf to set number of zombies to a manageable number

[_myZone,_markName,20,false,true,true] spawn INF_fnc_spawner;

currently, Infected script is running on a server and can slow it down considerably.

I'm working on moving zombies to a headless client. Will share when completed.

egamestudio - try to play around with settings in fn_autopop.sqf to set number of zombies to a manageable number

[_myZone,_markName,20,false,true,true] spawn INF_fnc_spawner;

currently, Infected script is running on a server and can slow it down considerably.

I'm working on moving zombies to a headless client. Will share when completed.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get this working on Chernarus. 

This is what I did (assuming you have basic knowledge of file structure etc):

1. Used the search function and searched for the word "Chernarus"

2. Saw blckeagls post - and downloaded his mission files (he clearly stated it was for chernarus)

3. I backed up my current @epochhive and @epoch.chernarus pbo files
4. replaced mine with his
5. Brought all my scripts back (adding them back carefully not to replace ANY of blckeagls files)

7. Launched the game several times to work on the battleeye filters located below
8. Launched the server and tested - all works success fully

Battleye Filters (they might differ from you, but these are the ones I added)

scripts.txt

actual line                    restriction

1                                  !="BIS_fnc_selectrandom"

7                                  !"_zombie enableFatigue false;" 

23                                !="execVM \"zombie\\shaun.sqf\""

48                                !"_lockedTarget setDamage (damage _lockedTarget + 0.05);"

53                                !"_zombie addEventHandler"

setvariable.txt              restriction

1                                  !"gem"

I remember from the A2 days - for example, it was easier to add the Zupa Single Currency BEFORE adding ANY other scripts (or starting from a default PBO with it included)

I must warn... the zeds are most certainly not the brightest or most dangerous.

I cant see the zombies on altis any ideas? 

From the log:

"Added [12950.1,15041.6,-28.1891] - Spawned Zombies: [12950.1,15041.6,0.2]"
"Added [12950.1,15041.6,-28.1891] - Spawned Zombies: [12950.1,15041.6,0.2,12950.1,15041.6,0.2]"