blckeagls' Real Zombies v0.0.5

blckeagls

Apparently the zombies are spawning, byt from what I can tell they spawn underground?

15:43:55 "Added [16584.3,16104,-15.1762] - Spawned Zombies: [[16584.3,16104,-15.1762]]"

I thought I followed all the steps correctly.

try this:

Inside ZombieMission.pbo (init.sqf) Replace:

//"Epoch_Sapper_F" createUnit [_coords, _aiGroup, "_ai = this", .1, "PRIVATE"];
"b_g_survivor_F" createUnit [_coords, _aiGroup, '[this] execVM "zombie\shaun.sqf"', .1, "PRIVATE"];

with:

_pos1 = _coords select 0;
_pos2 = _coords select 1;
_pos3 = 1;
"b_g_survivor_F" createUnit [[_pos1,_pos2,_pos3], _aiGroup, '[this] execVM "zombie\shaun.sqf"', .1, "PRIVATE"];
//diag_log format["Spawned Zombie %1: %3 @ %2",_num,_pos,_ai];

try this:

with:

_pos1 = _coords select 0;
_pos2 = _coords select 1;
_pos3 = 1;
"b_g_survivor_F" createUnit [[_pos1,_pos2,_pos3], _aiGroup, '[this] execVM "zombie\shaun.sqf"', .1, "PRIVATE"];
//diag_log format["Spawned Zombie %1: %3 @ %2",_num,_pos,_ai];

Made the changes, and still getting the same result. They spawn, but I never see them. 17:30:58 "Added [18753.4,16597.1,-32.1656] - Spawned Zombies: [[18049.1,15264.1,-28.4237],[18753.4,16597.1,-32.1656]]"

spawning fine for me on chernarus with an unedited pbo. however if you jump in a car they will disappear then reappear when you get out. Still running some tests.  

@blckeagls

Have you though about using the zeds from zombie sand box? they seemed a little more aggressive and when they attack the screen has a image that shows that you were hit. just an idea. 

Can confirm they do despawn when you get in a vehicle and spawn whe you get out. Sappers work fine also everything works fine for me except I don't know if it was a mission system or sappers dropped my fps to 19 on the server so I edited it all and back to normal

spawning fine for me on chernarus with an unedited pbo. however if you jump in a car they will disappear then reappear when you get out. Still running some tests.  

@blckeagls

Have you though about using the zeds from zombie sand box? they seemed a little more aggressive and when they attack the screen has a image that shows that you were hit. just an idea. 

@blckeagls

I did look at others... only issue is the client side requirements.  I decided to use a no client side requirements script, or else everyone else would have to download it before they can enter the server and have another -mod onto their start parameters.  this does not require that

Any chance that there's a way to use the @BreakingPoint MOD for the zombies script, and just port it over? (With permission of course)

Might be likely... but would require users to have the BreakingPoint mod loaded before they enter the server... 

There are plenty of ways to improve this, but many require client side pre-download.. or else no one will be able to enter the server....  (i.e. AllInArmaTerrainPack for Chernarus)

ok got this installed and working but i seem to be being kicked on my test server

: Script Log: #0 spurgle (guid) - #11 "bleAI "TARGET";

_zombie setBehaviour "CAREESS"

_zombie enableFatigue false;

_zombie setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", tr"

did anyone have a solution for this or did i do somethign wrong???? im pretty new to this sorta thing but learning fast

ok got this installed and working but i seem to be being kicked on my test server

did anyone have a solution for this or did i do somethign wrong???? im pretty new to this sorta thing but learning fast

The problem is your zombies are trying to "careess" people lol, it should be careless i believe.

but on a serious note lets teach a man to fish.

Step 1. Identify which be restriction file has blocked the code
It says Script Log so its the scripts.txt

Step 2. Identify the Rule which has been violated

It says #11 so its rule number 11 because every line is one rule and the rules start from zero look at line 12!

Step 3. Examine existing rule and match to code causing error - 7 enableFatigue

It seems that the code is trying to issue this command "_zombie enableFatigue false;" so we need to add an exception

Step 4. Add Exception

Append below to line 12 of scripts.txt
!"
_zombie enableFatigue false;" 

line should look like 
7 enableFatigue !"_zombie enableFatigue false;" 

cheers brunz, ok so that got that kick fixed but now i have this one

02.01.2015 05:26:45: spurgle (guid) - #46 "Client "playZSound";
} foreach _nearPlayers;
_lockedTarget setDamage (damage _lockedTarget + 0.05);
};
};
if (!alive _lockedTarg"

i had a go at adding the filter to hte script.txt on line 47

!"_zombie setDamage (damage _lockedTarget + 0.05)" this is what i added 

and this is the whole line as it is atm

7 setDamage !="_sapper setDamage 1;\n_sBomb setDamage 1;" !="([4654.62,9593.63,0] nearestObject 145259) setDamage 1" !="([4654.62,9593.63,0] nearestObject 145260) setDamage 1" !"_zombie setDamage (damage _lockedTarget + 0.05)"

again i guess i made the filter wrong ?? any tips  :)

cheers brunz, ok so that got that kick fixed but now i have this one

02.01.2015 05:26:45: spurgle (guid) - #46 "Client "playZSound";
} foreach _nearPlayers;
_lockedTarget setDamage (damage _lockedTarget + 0.05);
};
};
if (!alive _lockedTarg"

i had a go at adding the filter to hte script.txt on line 47

!"_zombie setDamage (damage _lockedTarget + 0.05)" this is what i added 

and this is the whole line as it is atm

7 setDamage !="_sapper setDamage 1;\n_sBomb setDamage 1;" !="([4654.62,9593.63,0] nearestObject 145259) setDamage 1" !="([4654.62,9593.63,0] nearestObject 145260) setDamage 1" !"_zombie setDamage (damage _lockedTarget + 0.05)"

again i guess i made the filter wrong ?? any tips   :)

Refer to step 3, it should be 

!"_lockedTarget setDamage (damage _lockedTarget + 0.05);"

Not

!"_zombie setDamage (damage _lockedTarget + 0.05)"

Its important to remember BE filters are text based matching, it needs to match exact string or string pattern.

Did you download the Chinese version lol

Working flawlessly on my overpoch server now. Next endevour will be to get these zombie skins looking less like a homeless guy who spilt some of his 711 burrito on his shirt, and more like a zombie. =p

Got a guy in Legion who does 3D modeling working up some skins and possibly some movement simulations. Should be interesting to see this script develop into something that could knod at the dayz era. =]

can you tell me which changes were made to scripts.txt as mine is modified and I would like to add the changes to it, if that's not too much trouble?

:)

I didn't change any BE Filter scripts...  I posted my current version, if they don't work, sorry.  I don't provide BE Filter support.