FPS lower than 20, can someone tell me why?

Mitscher

Hey Guys,

I got a big issue there. I can do whatever I want but my FPS are not getting higher then 20. Its just on Arma3 every other Game like FarCry4 is running perfect on highest settings!

The strange thing is, my FPS keeping the same dont matter if I got all on LOW or all setting on ULTRA.

All of the following is running on Win 8.1 64Bit Version.

These are my Specs:

post-14311-0-53150100-1419965512_thumb.j

post-14311-0-30793200-1419965513_thumb.j

post-14311-0-71565600-1419965513_thumb.j

post-14311-0-06617300-1419965514_thumb.j

My Graphic-Card is a

946577_0__61272.jpg

4096MB Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Tri-X OC

Would be nice if someone could help me

Greets!

If you haven't already, download and install MSI Afterburner and monitor GPU usage in game. It may be because you're running on low settings a lot of the processing is being handled by the CPU. Raising graphics settings will load more onto the GPU therefore improving performance.

I'm not sure but its also possible your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU in Arma.

Yea,

already red this but cant get something out of this.

My Starting-Parameters looking like this:

-noSplash -cpuCount=6 -maxMem=8192 -maxVram=4096 -noBenchmark -noLogs -noPause -skipIntro -world=empty -mod=@Epoch

Why shall I use 4? Got a 6-Core Processor

"lower" Settings:

a4kzs4yz.jpg

xrbxwqir.jpg

"Ultra" Settings:

pqm37che.jpg

6ipb6dck.jpg

But dont forget, im standing still, not moving around....

And im luckly got 20 & 21 on the first two screens, thats happening once each 12 hours. Normally im at 16-18 there like on the others two screens

What made the biggest difference for me was adjusting all the view/draw distance options in the game. It will tell you your FPS as you adjust these settings.

This in spades.  For me playing around with all the other settings made almost no difference at all, no matter if I set things on disabled or ultra (Arma 2 is the same way, I can go completely max or bottomed out, same performance).  I dropped my view distance to around 2000-2500, and objects to 1500 or so, shadows pretty low and it made a world of difference.  I run anywhere from 30-70fps depending on server load with high/ultra settings, 4x AA @ 1080.  Some of the Breaking Point maps I get an easy 60+ constantly.  I also keep vsync off.  Even though I hate to, it creates too much input lag with this game.  

FX 6300 @ 4.3ghz

GTX 760 2gb version

16gb ram

I tried messing with launch parameters but saw no difference in performance.  I did set the GPU_MaxFramesAhead to 1, that helped a little with input lag but made no frame rate difference.  

How much RAM do you have? And how much is free when playing?

Got 8GB RAM.

Sorry guys, dont want to be mean but posts like:

I have 80 FPS in a full 100 slotted server no matter what time in the restart or where. 

Here are my specs

i5-3570k(oc'd to 4.8)

GTX 760

8gb of ram

Doesnt help!

Greets