A Few things... so cornfused

argenex

1. Dieing and returning as a zombie....

how exactly does this work if at all as we've tried several times dieing as infected only to spawn as normal as a new survivor.

2. Dogs again...

Well we can tame them after turning on the dayz_tameDogs = true; but they don't do anything other than standing there after you tame them.

3. Plot Poles;

Is there a way we can tie this to the player itself? for 60 ounces of gold... dieing every-time and having to start all over makes like little to no sense to us. (Ownership of plot pole is removed upon death)

To me this isn't base-building, this is "temporary put a few things down but lose the ability to control it."

Which is just like tents. And as we all know, tents suck as permanent bases.

Looks like Plot Poles operate like tents in the database; they just get tied to the current-life-player-id. This should be like Safes and Vehicle keys, to the player UID. Otherwise it isn't base-building. It's make a few temporary things that don't serve any long term purpose. Especially since the price is high both in time (crafting + materials) and in actual money (60oz for a pole that is useless after death....).

4. The message that says "you can walk away to cancel this action" <--- like when building or selling stuff, or chopping down wood, this doesn't work, we are all stuck doing the animation(s) and whatever task, is this just not working properly yet?

There is so much myth and confusion as to what exactly needs to happen and nothing what-so-ever on these subjects on the wiki, it would be nice to have some solid, non-video information about how this stuff works.

(Sorry the videos I find on these subjects are out of date and typically just show things working with less than helpful data to HOW stuff works, which is what I am actually interested in.)

Thanks.

Hi Argenex,

Returning as a zombie should happen if you are infected before death as a default. Whilst I have only witnessed this once in person I have only died once with an infection.

If you disconnect to player menu and the rejoin you should be somewhere on the coast roaming for braiiins..  

The Development team may be able to reply with an answer to if its chance based or 100% if your infected.

Dogs are are Work in Progress I believe like in most Dayz Expansions and scripts. . 

As I am personally yet to test dogs myself but feel mans best friend should be a valid part of the epoch.

I have just enabled it on my test server and look to test extensively and look at possible options in the code to assist the team in expanding on the concept once again if possible.

Cheers,

Mr B

Yea so I ate a bunch of stuff and got infected, and died, and nothing happened. There are 2 things in the database that say infected, one is medical the other is something else.

So; other than having the admin manually make the 'other' infection to 'true', there is no other way for this to happen in game as a mechanic.

The other infection is the typical infection you get from being cold and eating raw meat.

I tried eating bio meat, got infected, died, nothing.

So the question is:

What exactly is the process, specifically to make you specifically infected to this new 'infected player' status so you respawn as an 'infected player' because, as I mentioned,

all the wiki says is:

Die while infected and you will return as a random infected player.

Which is untrue from the perspective of a player as I have tried several times as infected and not returned as 'infected player'.

Again, the dogs just sit there after you tame them, the video which is out of date anyway, on youtube, shows dog houses that actually do not exist in the locations they listed, so the system seems to be;

janky and broken

or

completely unexplained anywhere.

One of the players on my server just loves to come back as a zombie /sarcasm

At least once a day he dies and comes back as a zombie, whether it be from battle; bio-meat; cans of unknown; or some other cause, I don't know.  All I do know is that I've never come back as a zombie, and he seems to be a plague carrier.

The scenario that made me into a zombie can be considered a unique one to be fair. I will draw it out.

I wanted to go back to the coast and start again so I dropped everything I had into my safe, locked and ran to the closest town. Before arriving I sat for a bit to have my last meal and I noticed a pack of zombies and started to mouth off saying some bad things to a zombie about his mother. He didn't take to well to that and proceeded to beat the living snot out me. As i was getting beaten to the ground his mates rushed over to join in and I noticed a cough and before I knew it I was dead. Suddenly upon rejoining I awoke In a state of pure WTF as I proceeded to sprint around the place in a fashion not quite like any life before, also I could scream for zombies on scroll option and my face was melting.

I was a zombie!!

I proceeded into the supermarket hoping for some food but realized I had a craving for something new.. flesh. I sat in a corner and waited for a victim, but none came for a long time. :(

I proceeded out to the street and once again screamed a bloody mess calling for my zombie brothers. They responded in kind and once again, beat the goo of me.. I was dead dead?

I once again hit the re-join button and that was the end of my zombie adventures.

I was alive again..

The end.

The scenario that made me into a zombie can be considered a unique one to be fair. I will draw it out.

I wanted to go back to the coast and start again so I dropped everything I had into my safe, locked and ran to the closest town. Before arriving I sat for a bit to have my last meal and I noticed a pack of zombies and started to mouth off saying some bad things to a zombie about his mother. He didn't take to well to that and proceeded to beat the living snot out me. As i was getting beaten to the ground his mates rushed over to join in and I noticed a cough and before I knew it I was dead. Suddenly upon rejoining I awoke In a state of pure WTF as I proceeded to sprint around the place in a fashion not quite like any life before, also I could scream for zombies on scroll option and my face was melting.

I was a zombie!!

I proceeded into the supermarket hoping for some food but realized I had a craving for something new.. flesh. I sat in a corner and waited for a victim, but none came for a long time. :(

I proceeded out to the street and once again screamed a bloody mess calling for my zombie brothers. They responded in kind and once again, beat the goo of me.. I was dead dead?

I once again hit the re-join button and that was the end of my zombie adventures.

I was alive again..

The end.

I appreciate the entertaining and fun information, but I want to know HOW. No one seems to know how and that sort of concerns me...

Oh someone does know.. but they are probably busy at the current developing things or sleeping depending on the time in the US...

A complete and or short accurate answer will come soon. Apologies for the misleading yet entertaining information.  :D

My newly appointed "Job" as "Oh God, IDK" as also entails to assist in whatever way I can in updating both the Wiki and Forums with updated information on current features and more easy to approach structure.

This will all happen once I stop creating stories and get to chat more with the current team.

Stay tuned.. 

LOL its all good, just chewing on leather because we've waited about 2 weeks just to get access to the current Epoch and now we're wondering about all the things we were missing, and why they don't seem to be working like the mis-leading videos we've watched.

1.A: If you are infected and die you will return as a zombie on the same hive. If this is your server and it is not working you may not have the correct server pbo. The database should show infected = 1 for anyone that has died infected.

2.A: Dogs are still a WIP hence why its disabled by default. If anyone wants to work on the coding for dogs let me know.

3.A: We are looking into a way to reclaim your plot if you retrieve an Item from your body.  

Safes and vehicles are not tied to player uid, safes have combinations now and vehicles have keys.

4.A: You can simply press wsad keys to cancel the action, not sure why you would have a problem with that.

1.A: If you are infected and die you will return as a zombie on the same hive. If this is your server and it is not working you may not have the correct server pbo. The database should show infected = 1 for anyone that has died infected.

2.A: Dogs are still a WIP hence why its disabled by default. If anyone wants to work on the coding for dogs let me know.

3.A: We are looking into a way to reclaim your plot if you retrieve an Item from your body.  

Safes and vehicles are not tied to player uid, safes have combinations now and vehicles have keys.

4.A: You can simply press wsad keys to cancel the action, not sure why you would have a problem with that.

I like the plot retrieval idea but having it lootable by a bandit means instant loss of a ton of hard work.  Extra insulting is the guy that just takes the plot item and drops it so you cant have it but wont use it himself. 

Can plots have "Land Deed ID numbers" that allow you to have a combination like a safe.  Then friends can have easy access, you can use it after you die, and people you trusted could stab you in the back. 

1AQ2: We imported alot of stuff over from 1.0.0.1 along with our characters and items, could there be something that should be default that is causing why we aren't receiving the infected as true? (as I mentioned, our admin has had to manually set it to true, we arent being 'infected' in that manner, we only receive the generic dayz medical_infected or whatever it is. Sorry I'm not a server admin so I don't know what it looks like.

2AQ2: I dug up the old dog script, and I went onto your github site, I dont see any dog scripts anywhere and it looks to me like you are packaging/compiling everything with visual studio? Also I dont really have a server to run to test any changes if I make them anyway.

Edit: Played around with it more in-game. I have discovered that;

-The dogs that are stationary, if you tame them will not be able to move from that location.

-The dogs that are running around, if you are patient and have raw meat in your front inventory, you can tame them, might take a few pieces of meat to do so. These dogs will follow you about and have all of the other commands available when you mouse over them.

-Exceptions to tamed dogs;

--The command list disappears after you get into a vehicle and drive around. The dog will remain with you and you can tell it to: Call Dog (call back to you), Move to (move to mouse point), Run or Walk, the rest of the command list vanishes and is no longer accessible after you drive around.

--The dog doesn't show up visibly in the vehicle (like it does with the dog script in dayz) and might get 'poofed' if you switch seats. Had a few dogs poof on me as I switched seats (meaning that when I exit the vehicle, no longer is there a dog.)

--Still no command to tell the dog to attack a zombie, they do growl and bark when a zombie aggros but they don't attack.

3AQ2: Cool, some way of maintaining ownership beyond death makes sense. Be it an item or whatever. However since inventory is 'steal-able' I can think of arguments against it being an item. A short-term solution is to just tie it to the player, not a single-life ownership.

4AQ2: This doesn't appear to work for any of us, we try pressing wasd keys to move and we still continue doing whatever it is we started doing, so we are unable to 'cancel' the current action.