Sarge AI, Side Chat, Tow and Lift issues questions and solutions

JohnyMST

Question

First of all, thank you to everyone who helped me with my server on this forum. I got so far and now the only thing that is left to do is Correct some minor issues.

I have made a list of things that I need to do in order to have the server "perfectly" setup :D

Green = Fixed

Red = Not fixed

1. BattlEye Restriction Kicks

Random Kicks from the game by BattlEye with various restrictions when Lifting/Towing/Shooting etc.

2. Side Chat names not displaying

When someone uses Side Chat, I am unable to see their names so I cannot warn them in anyway. Is there a solution to this?

3. No "Red" missions with Sarge AI's

I have 2 missions per server restart (every 3h) however all of the missions are "Green" and not a single one was "Red" Yet. Is there something missing from my Sarge AI's scripts? How can I enable the red missions?

4. Modify Sarge AI's Bot difficulty

Players are able to walk and take loot in front of the AI's on the server. I want AI's to shoot players on sight. How can I change the difficulty on AI's to maximum?

5. Fix Tow/Lift

Helis seem to lift everything they see even tho my code states that they should only be able to lift planes.

Axe Cop is currently helping me with this however let me know if you came across this before.

Axe Cop fixed my problem. Please reach out if you have similar problems with Tow/Lift script. I will help you out as much as I can.

6. Vehicles disappearing from Sarge AI missions

The minute a player completes the AI mission, the vehicle that was spawned with the mission disappears immediately. The loot stays however only vehicles/helis are vanishing.

How can that be fixed? I want players to have the spawned vehicles until next restart.

If you have some ideas on the problems above please reply with the number corresponding to the issue and it's title.
Once specific issue is solved I will mark it Green and will show How it was fixed for others that might have similar problem.

Thank you in advance!!!

6 answers to this question

2)

U need to change VonID setting look @

community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

3)

SARGE AI doesn't come with missions...
U need to look at whatever code u are using to generate missions

4)

addons/SARGE/SAR_config.sqf

U need to change the to something really high, so all players are hostile

SAR_HUMANITY_HOSTILE_LIMIT

Thanks for your reply Torndeco :)

2)

My VonID is set as below:
vonID = 1;

Should this be set to 0 to show player names?

3)

By missions I mean "Events" that show up on screen as "A helicopter has crashed, Kill the survivors and secure the loot" and there is a green/red dot on the map.

When player arrives there there are NPC's with Crates of loot and 1 vehicle.

Apologize if "Missions" is something else.

4)
Found the SAR_HUMANITY_HOSTILE_LIMIT and Now changed to below value:
SAR_HUMANITY_HOSTILE_LIMIT = 50000;

I have also changed the skill levels on the NPC's to the same as below on all of them:

["aimingAccuracy",0.95, 0.10], // skilltype, <min value>, <random value added to min>;
    ["aimingShake",   0.95, 0.10],
    ["aimingSpeed",   0.90, 0.20],
    ["spotDistance",  0.90, 0.30],
    ["spotTime",      0.95, 0.20],
    ["endurance",     0.90, 0.20],
    ["courage",       0.90, 0.20],
    ["reloadSpeed",   0.90, 0.20],
    ["commanding",    0.90, 0.20],
    ["general",       0.90, 0.20]

This should now give me a hardcore experience LOL. Will restart soon and provide feedback how it's going!

2)

My VonID is set as below:
vonID = 1;

Should this be set to 0 to show player names?

Can you confirm if I should change the VONID to 0? Don't want to mess things up with this :)

3)

By missions I mean "Events" that show up on screen as "A helicopter has crashed, Kill the survivors and secure the loot" and there is a green/red dot on the map.

When player arrives there there are NPC's with Crates of loot and 1 vehicle.

Apologize if "Missions" is something else.

4)
Found the SAR_HUMANITY_HOSTILE_LIMIT and Now changed to below value:
SAR_HUMANITY_HOSTILE_LIMIT = 50000;

I have also changed the skill levels on the NPC's to the same as below on all of them:

["aimingAccuracy",0.95, 0.10], // skilltype, <min value>, <random value added to min>;
    ["aimingShake",   0.95, 0.10],
    ["aimingSpeed",   0.90, 0.20],
    ["spotDistance",  0.90, 0.30],
    ["spotTime",      0.95, 0.20],
    ["endurance",     0.90, 0.20],
    ["courage",       0.90, 0.20],
    ["reloadSpeed",   0.90, 0.20],
    ["commanding",    0.90, 0.20],
    ["general",       0.90, 0.20]

It worked, NPC's are much better now :) Thank you

So now that Axe Cop solved my Tow/Lift issue, I am only left with the following issues:

2. Side Chat names not displaying

Anyone has any ideas on the 3 above?

Thanks Axe, Torndeco and the rest involved :)

Anyone has any ideas on the 3 above?

Thanks Axe, Torndeco and the rest involved :)

3. Chernarus Mission script is prolly what you mean.

It's not included in Epoch and also not in Sarge-Vanilla. Your best bet would be to start debugging it / insert "diag_log format ["DEBUG :: %1",_variable];" stuff inside the mission-code on various points to see what causes red mission to not spawn.

6: Epoch checks all spawned vehicles for various variables/properties etc.. your .RPT can tell your what's wrong and what you should do to fix it.

(Most likely: "Delete object <vehicle> with invalid ID at Position..." Be sure to give spawned vehicles a UID on spawn or the cleanup will kill them)

As I'm running a very customized version of both, the missionscript and sarge, and I can't really tell you specific places where you need to fix your things, but I also need to constantly keep up with changes in Epoch to adapt.

Most of the time only small things: renamed public variables, cleanup eating my (persistent+key) spawned vehicles, killing AI because the hackercheck changed etc..

Best advice I can give you: Start getting into scripting and know what you are actually using & how it works / can be fixed!

Every server is unique with the used addons/scripts/fixes and as an admin you need to be aware of what is running on your server, what it does, where problems may arise, how it works and how you can fix stuff that causes problems.

Things like the stuff you mentioned get exponentially worse with every custom bit you add, and even more chaotic if you just mix'n'match stuff that looks cool by the name of it but wasn't really tested for epoch or badly coded / copied from other scripts so it may use the same variablenames / events / etc...

Cheers,

DNightmare