#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

Version 0.6 is not affected by the bug, that is present in v0.6.1 and fixed in v0.6.2, so only admins that currently run v0.6.1 should either downgrade to v0.6 or update to v0.6.2

You don't have to update from v0.6 to v0.6.2 if you don't feel the need for the new features mentioned in the changelog.

The mission cleanup feature is only in v0.6.1 and higher, so you don't have to look for it if you still run v0.6 on your server.

Multiple missions may come with one of the future releases, but not now or in the next days.

Missions being on the shore (halfway in the water) is already on my To-Do list to be fixed, but thanks for reporting.

TL;DR
v0.6 <- Stable but does not have the new features.
v0.6.1 <- Has bugs and the new features, will run but not cleanup the bases.
v0.6.2 <- Bugs fixed (cleanup working) and has all new features, but still needs testing.

Greez KiloSwiss

In fact, there is:

If you klick this little symbol ips_bbcode.png (called "Special BBcode") to the left of the "Font" drop-down menue, You can select the spoiler function.

The best way to share long logfiles or scripts/code remains to be the old fashioned way:

Upload the file as an attachment (don't use 1-klick hosters!) so others can download and directly open it with their favourite text editor.

Greez KiloSwiss

If it's a script restriction kick, it's logged in the scripts.log and the filters inside the scripts.txt do not have the right exceptions added.

Check the scripts.txt again and if You really can't find the error/mistake by Yourself, upload the script.txt and the script.log as attachment to Your post (.zip them before uploading).

Same goes for publicvariable restriction #X

publicvariable.log + publicvariable.txt

createvehicle restriction #X

createvehicle.log + createvehicle.txt

etc.

Greez KiloSwiss

Hi Kilo,

I managed to fix the kick issues - thanks for showing me where to find the logs etc. The only issue i'm having now is that the missions aren't showing up on my server.

I've checked the log and they are being loaded in but don't appear on the map.

I've also tried logging out and in again to see if that was causing the issue but no luck.

Any ideas as to what I should check next?

Edit - Can't see them in game at the worldspace in the log.

Hi Kilo,

I tested the 0.6.1 files yesterday{Sunday}.

I am not so concerned about the cleanup,as in props and crates. We want the AI loot so I set the drop loot to 0.

It deleted all the loot on the AI anyway,within 20 seconds of last one dying.

I looked and saw this in the InitMissions.sqf.

line 13-

SEM_AIdropLootChance = 0;    // 0 - 100%    Where 0 means no gear gets dropped.(0 being min)

Line 60-

SEM_AIdropLootChance = 0 max SEM_AIdropLootChance min 100;

So I reversed it to this on line 60-

SEM_AIdropLootChance = 0 min SEM_AIdropLootChance max 100;.

That fixed the AI dropping loot after I set them to not do that.

And then the cleanup took over and deleted it all as we were looting it. lol

I am not sure if reversing the min-max on line 60 like that is a good thing,but it worked for me.

I am also not sure if anyone else is testing to see if it stays at 0 loot drop when set to 0,as the goal is to test for the loot dropping.

I have 0 rpt errors that I have seen. I watched it (streamed) as we tested this. All seemed fine. Although we did not have the bandit camp go off.

Thanks for letting us test and help.

We will test 0.6.2 as soon as we can. I looked over it and line 67 is the same as line 60 in 0.6.1.

Good work man!

Much fun!

@DangerClose

The Missions need (by default) a minimum of 6 players on the server to start.

Open Your server RPT and search for "#SEM" to find the log entries from my scripts, where it says "Waiting for players (1/6)" if only one player is connected.

@aFuzzybuny

This code is actually right:

SEM_AIdropLootChance = 0 max SEM_AIdropLootChance min 100;
So don't change that.

There is only a little mistake I made inside the killed EventHandler that could add a small 1% chance of AI dropping loot when SEM_AIdropLootChance was set to 0 (which is the setting for no loot on dead AI).

Maybe I should make the description about this Variable a bit more clear:

SEM_AIdropLootChance = 0 means all weapons, magazines, backpacks and vests will be removed from dead AI (headgear and uniforms are always lootable).

SEM_AIdropLootChance = 50 means a 50% chance of weapons/gear on the killed AI units (except the RL and SR).

SEM_AIdropLootChance = 100 means the AI keeps all their gear when killed (except the RL and SR).

About the RPT Errors in v0.6.1:

They will only show up when the bandit camp mission runs and it will only affect the cleanup.

That error is already fixed in v0.6.2

@rsxownes

Thanks for the Feedback, I'm glad it works for You.

Greez KiloSwiss

You're welcome.

I also found a fix for players not taking damage from AI, besides the currently used moving AI locality to players via setOwner.

I will release it tomorrow, so every Mission Maker can use it in his scripts to create better missions.

And Yes, this finally allows moving AI, convoys etc. with AI that deals actual damage to fresh spawned players.

I'll keep You all updated tomorrow, after I arrive at home from work.

Greez KiloSwiss

Hello,

started using your Mission pack. And it works like a charme, easy to implement, and working without a problem.

Thanks a lot for the work and all those who have contributed.

After some days of usage I collected the following suggestion from my community:

- Repeat Missions

Sometimes mission types repeat over and over again. I know it's generally random by looking into the code, but for users it seems as if the same mission pop up over and over.

How about a Option to not repeat a mission ? Meaning if "Supply Van" was last mission new picked mission can not be supply Van. (Turn On/Off Option would be great)

- Loot

A more randomized loot system for the Boxes would be great making the rewards more surprising.

- No Loot if AI has been run over by Car

Not sure if that is even possible. But Missions are generally a high pop area with a lot of good gun fights. And it is annoying when people just drive there, drive over the AI. and leave with the loot. The    Sniper and Launchers help but the Arma AI is sometimes just not smart enough. Not sure if this is even possible to do.

Like I said, absolutly love the mission pack here. Just thought you wanna hear what I get as a feedback as admin.

Yeah i've definitely done that. they just aren't spawning in. I don't know what the hell i've done wrong :-/

i've checked the log andit states:

13:14:05 "#SEM: Running Mission "Strange Device" at Position [6834.42,14146.6]"
13:14:07 "#SEM: Spawned 6 units at position [6834.42,14146.6]"
13:14:37 "#SEM: Mission AI disabled"
13:14:37 "#SEM: Mission AI waiting for their first encounter"

No notifications or markers on the map.

For the Strange Device mission the camo net spawns mostly in the ground which results in the AI units being very difficult to see at ranges of 300m+ seeing as how they like to lay down upon spawning in.  They're basically IN the camo net.  Might want to look at the setting the height on it somehow.

@DangerClose

Have You added the init.sqf into the mission pbo (e.g. epoch.Altis.pbo)?

You have to shut down the server, then replace the pbo within the MPMissions folder and then start the Server.

@Darth_Rogue

Thanks for reporting this, I will fix it in the next update.

For a temporary fix, change this in bDevice.sqf:

_camonet = createVehicle ["CamoNet_Indp_Big_F",_pos,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_missionObjects pushBack _camonet;
_camonet setDir (getDir _wreck);
_camonet setPos _pos;
Greez KiloSwiss

@DangerClose

Have You added the init.sqf into the mission pbo (e.g. epoch.Altis.pbo)?

You have to shut down the server, then replace the pbo within the MPMissions folder and then start the Server.

@Darth_Rogue

Thanks for reporting this, I will fix it in the next update.

For a temporary fix, change this in bDevice.sqf:

_camonet = createVehicle ["CamoNet_Indp_Big_F",_pos,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_missionObjects pushBack _camonet;
_camonet setDir (getDir _wreck);
_camonet setPos _pos;
Greez KiloSwiss

Yeah that's been done. I've followed the instructions to the letter

Loving the AI missions on our server but there are a few things I noticed. The loot on some of the missions that I have found are more focused on food and weapons. What I am proposing is a mission where the loot is more focused on construction materials. Something the likes of a Construction convoy broke down or a truck disabled by rebels.

Also would you be able to add the option of saving/not saving the loot crates after a mission/restart? My group generally take the crates back to base through sling loading or igiload but want to keep the boxes as storage around our base.