#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

ArmA Servers work like this:

- Server starts and gets into a waiting state, called "creating".

- First client connects and starts the Mission by pressing OK on the briefing screen.

- Then The Server loads the missions init files, and all MOD config Entrys with the "postinit" flag (like my SEM).

What you are demanding is already the normal behaviour and could've easily been checked by reading the servers logfile (.RPT) and watching the timestamps

Hey KiloSwiss thanks for the reply, sorry I should have elaborated better, I meant after all players have logged out, so after the server has created. I could have probably looked through a few thousand lines of log to try to work it out or just asked here.

@second_coming and all the others, continuously asking for moving/roaming AI and convoy missions:
I've now come to a point where I refuse to repeat myself over and over on every single page in this thread (see posts )
From now on, every request of moving AI and/or convoy missions will be flagged as spam!
I'm not mad at anyone, but please do Yourself a favor and learn to read, before You ask the same questions over and over!
I will implement these features (they were planned since the beginning) as soon as the Issue is fixed by BIS.
Therefore it's in Your hands if You want convoys and moving AI:

Read what I wrote in the first post (and repeatedin posts )

Klick the Link in the first post (and that I also postet several times in this thread).

Register on the page.

Vote the issue up.

Wait for the BIS devs to fix the issue.

Only 7 people have so far upvotet the issue in the ArmA Bugtracker (startet posting the link when there were 25 votes) and this after several hundret downloads of my SEM files...
In fact, If i count the downloads of all versions I uploaded so far, there were way over 600 downloads.
It seems You all don't care, so don't you dare asking me ever again about moving AI or convoy missions in this thread until I see
(at least) a significant raise in upvotes on the specific issue!

I meant after all players have logged out...

Ah now I understand :)
I can easily implement this, in fact I will right away put this on my Do-Do list.

Have a nice Weekend
Greez KiloSwiss

ArmA Servers work like this:

Your link was broken, fixed it in the quote.To everyone demanding BE filter files:

Learn to do it by Yourself (considering the mass of tutorials and examples out there, everyone can!), this tutorial will help You to understand it better:

Someone without the basic knowledge about ArmA Servers should definitely NOT host a Early ALPHA MOD and try to customize it, at all!

There are much easyer ways to learn how to edit the basic stuff in ArmA (open pbo containers, understand sqf syntax, add exceptions to Your BE filters etc.) than the EPOCH MOD in its current ALPHA state.

Back then when I had my first (car) driving lession, I was not taking a seat in a F1 car, trying to compete with Michael Schumacher and started complaining that I don't know how to keep this wheeled rocket on the track.

I was learning the theory first and then started driving with a normal car in a driving shool.

Greez KiloSwiss

Co-signed x100.

Hey KingWub, Your A2 WL server is still up?

I took mine down last Year because the players lost interest and I had no time to administrate it any more.

@mayhemflee

What Richie wrote.

When You install the missions, You didn't had to change anything at the publicvariable.txt or the publicvariableval.txt, so I wonder how do You made up a connection of SEM to Your public variable kicks?

Greez KiloSwiss

I was one of those 25, for the record. I've wanted that fixed even before epoch. Though i do really think you all should take a few minutes out of your day to upvote that issue, since kilo has taken several hours out of many of his, to bring this release to the public so you all can enjoy it. It's really not asking all that much considering. Plus in reality, you're only helping yourself by doing it, since it will FURTHER progress the already awesome missions system we have in place.

Do it.

I was one of those 25, for the record. I've wanted that fixed even before epoch. Though i do really think you all should take a few minutes out of your day to upvote that issue, since kilo has taken several hours out of many of his, to bring this release to the public so you all can enjoy it. It's really not asking all that much considering. Plus in reality, you're only helping yourself by doing it, since it will FURTHER progress the already awesome missions system we have in place.

Do it.

Already done it :)

Though i do really think you all should take a few minutes out of your day to upvote that issue, since kilo has taken several hours out of many of his, to bring this release to the public so you all can enjoy it.

Agreed.  The missions are great and I greatly appreciate the effort that was put into them.

Update v0.6 is now available for download in the first post.

Changelog:
- Added new Outposts for the bandit camp missions (see )
- Added new Option (minimum players required for mission start) «-- Smaller servers should change this to a lower number (default: 6)!
- Added a 2 minutes delay upon server start until the mission script starts running and checking for players
- Added a small advertisement (can be removed from the init.sqf) «-- Seriously, remove it if you don't like it!
- Changed clientside AI visibility check «-- Please report clientside framedrops on larger server if they happen!
- Changed crates/boxes loadout
- Cleaned up some of the code

No changes on the BE filters required if You are already running v0.5.1 (thanks Richie)

Greez KiloSwiss

Kilo, I was thinking there should be some more random elements to these, both in terms of numbers and loot, and perhaps a secondary support group that spawns within visible range of group A, or something like that? I always liked to see groups fighting at a mission site against heavy forces only to realize that the loot they actually were fighting over were a crossbow and some arrows.

One of my favourites was ofc. reinforcements getting dropped in by parachute. But that wouldn't be doable until BIS fixes that damn move AI-thingymabob, I suppose. :/

KiloSwiss, have the BE filters changed on this update ?

Also thanks for the work.

Scripter moonlighting as a forum mod?  Lighten up huh?  Man your script work is great, but you could work a bit on personality...

The thing about releasing work is all the support you have to give it, if people don't read or look properly then i'd get grumpy, I think he's done well so far, you read the replies to this thread ? :lol:

I was thinking there should be some more random elements to these, both in terms of numbers and loot...

The AI already has a slightly randomized number and the loot too, but I see what you aim for.

You are free to edit the loot by Yourself and if others demand the same as You I am willing to implement/change it in one of my future releases.

In fact I don't like that the AI currently drops so much nice gear (weapons, vests, etc.).

On my To-Do List for the next release is to implement an option to make the AI remove all weapons and gear when they are killed, so only the loot inside the crates and boxes is left.

One of my favourites was ofc. reinforcements getting dropped in by parachute. But that wouldn't be doable until BIS fixes that damn move AI-thingymabob, I suppose. :/

That would actually be doable, because the AI does not need to move when they are paradropped.

@Richie

No changes on the BE filters from v0.5.1 to v0.6

Should've mentioned it in my post, but I will eventually mention it in the changelog if there are any new or changed exceptions for the BE filters.

@chisel

If You have something to say to me personally, You can send me a PM or start a thread in the OT section of the Forum.

Now please stay on topic in my thread, where I have all the right to point out the obvious stupidity in the behaviour of some users.

What I demand is not hard to achieve, in fact these things should be common sense for everyone registering in a public forum:

No doubleposts (use edit instead)

No fullquotes (especially long posts and when Your post is a directly following post)

Read at least the first post of the thread and use the search function before You ask something already answered

Don't use multiple question and exclamation marks.

Take Your time to write a readable post

Write in full sentences

Use proper grammar (or at least try, like I do)

All common sense to many users here, why not for everyone? (this is a rhetorical question, don't answer)

Greez from the arrogant, thinks he is something better, wannabe mod KiloSwiss that should work on his personality (according to some random forum user)

btw.

I don't take this so serious as it seems, I actually have my fun posting here in these forums, e.g look what I've done to the guy who fully quoted my post with pictures in it :)

And I have many Years of experience as a forum moderator in a active board.

hello kilo ,. quick question for you .   Static guns at missions like a .50 cal  for the ai to use ,  is that possible ?  and maybe a small mine field around the mission to prevent people just driving in a squishing the ai ? mine field would dissapear upon mission completion .  just a idea .