#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

Hello . loving the missions. i have a question or 2  , Is there a way to have certain loot boxes spawn at certain missions ,  eg: supply van crash i would like to have building supplies  kinda like the ikea truck crash missions from  a2  .

and my 2nd question , how can i make more ai spawn at certain missions.  3rd question  can static weapons be spawned at the missions and manned by the ai , something like a .50cal hmg on tripod 

thanks for the missions and look forward to your reply's.

The AI sit disabled until a player (thread) becomes active, then the mission starts. The missions will time out regardless of activity though.

19:11:11 "#SEM: Running Mission "Supply Van" at Position [13588.5,15663.6]"
19:11:12 "#SEM: Spawned 7 units at position [13588.5,15663.6]"
19:11:12 "#SEM: Mission AI disabled"
19:11:12 "#SEM: Mission AI waiting for their first encounter"

Normally they should fire everything, including Rockets into the direction of Your vehicle, but I only testet it with the default spawning cars.

Normal AI behaviour is, that they don't fire, if they can't harm the target with their weapon.

So AI will never shoot at a Tank with a pistol, unless this pistol fires RPG rounds :)

But the AT guy shoul've fired a few rockets at Your Strider.

Have you tried this- http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21935

yet Kilo?

Nice work man,ty.

I contiuously recieve Battleeye script restriction #45

This is my script.log

02.01.2015 08:05:06: Mayhemflee (69.123.196.213:2304) f43b4837e5fab11e7ab6167e4c0ae915 - #45 "e)then[{
if (getMarkerColor "MissionMarker" != "")then{
deleteMarkerLocal "MissionMarker";
}; 
},{
_markerPos = _this select "

can someone please help me! 

I contiuously recieve Battleeye script restriction #45

This is my script.log

02.01.2015 08:05:06: Mayhemflee (69.123.196.213:2304) f43b4837e5fab11e7ab6167e4c0ae915 - #45 "e)then[{
if (getMarkerColor "MissionMarker" != "")then{
deleteMarkerLocal "MissionMarker";
}; 
},{
_markerPos = _this select "

can someone please help me! 

in the download read the READme.txt and add the battleye filters to the end of which ever script is kicking you

or don't be a server admin :) too many servers online, we don't need another poorly ran one with admins that have no clue how the game works.

True, but consider this....many of us run solid servers these days, but we had to start learning somewhere.  Why not give him the same opportunity to sink or swim? :)   

or don't be a server admin :) too many servers online, we don't need another poorly ran one with admins that have no clue how the game works.

Thats a bit harsh dont you think. have to start somewhere. Im only asking for advice

True, but consider this....many of us run solid servers these days, but we had to start learning somewhere.  Why not give him the same opportunity to sink or swim? :)   

Thanks bud. 

Do the mission run regardless of a player being online or not?

If they do is it possible to put a condition in that at least a single player needs to be online before it starts the missions up?

ArmA Servers work like this:

- Server starts and gets into a waiting state, called "creating".

- First client connects and starts the Mission by pressing OK on the briefing screen.

- Then The Server loads the missions init files, and all MOD config Entrys with the "postinit" flag (like my SEM).

What you are demanding is already the normal behaviour and could've easily been checked by reading the servers logfile (.RPT) and watching the timestamps.

Have you tried this- http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21935

yet Kilo?

Nice work man,ty.

AI does not accept any Waypoints or move commands after their locality has been changed via setOwner.

Please read the issue I linked in the first post (in the spoiler, right before the download), or read one of the other Posts in this Thread where I explain it several times.

btw.

Your link was broken, fixed it in the quote.

To everyone demanding BE filter files:

Learn to do it by Yourself (considering the mass of tutorials and examples out there, everyone can!), this tutorial will help You to understand it better:

Someone without the basic knowledge about ArmA Servers should definitely NOT host a Early ALPHA MOD and try to customize it, at all!

There are much easyer ways to learn how to edit the basic stuff in ArmA (open pbo containers, understand sqf syntax, add exceptions to Your BE filters etc.) than the EPOCH MOD in its current ALPHA state.

Back then when I had my first (car) driving lession, I was not taking a seat in a F1 car, trying to compete with Michael Schumacher and started complaining that I don't know how to keep this wheeled rocket on the track.

I was learning the theory first and then started driving with a normal car in a driving shool.

Greez KiloSwiss