#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

Okay I have a new Test Version for You.

What I have seen on my first testrun is:

- AI reacts now faster (added some code for detection)

- Any backpack or Rocket Launcher is removed when the AI dies!

- No kicks so far (but I will check the loot against the exceptions in the addweaponcargo.txt to make sure).

Download: SEM_v0.4_TEST.zip

Please report any bugs, and kicks and provide me the logfiles if possible, I will do my own tests now and keep You updated here in this thread.

@KrisT

Yes this is possible, but will be added later as an option.

Greez KiloSwiss

- No kicks so far (but I will check the loot against the exceptions in the addweaponcargo.txt to make sure).

Download: attachicon.gifSEM_v0.4_TEST.zip

Please report any bugs, and kicks and provide me the logfiles if possible, I will do my own tests now and keep You updated here in this thread.

@KrisT

Greez KiloSwiss

These missions seem to spawn and despawn super fast. Like 5 minutes. I didn't touch the initMissions

Download: attachicon.gifSEM_v0.4_TEST.zip

@KrisT

Greez KiloSwiss

Thnx, if your update works then it resolves my issue !

Like RRP47 says, the missions despawn really to fast.

And btw, keep up the good work!

EDIT:

These settings has no effect:

_missions = [
    ["bCamp",            "Bandit Camp",        60,    6],
    ["supplyVanCrash",    "Supply Van",        30,    10],
    ["bPlaneCrash",        "Plane Crashsite",    45,    8],
    ["bHeliCrash",        "Heli Crashsite",    45,    8],
    ["bDevice",            "Strange Device",    30,    10]    //NO COMMA AT THE LAST LINE!
/*     1.                    2.                    3.    4.

1. "file name"      MUST be equal to the sqf file name!
    2. "marker name"     Name of the marker that is shown to all players.
    3. time out,        (Number) Minutes until running missions time out (0 or -1 equals no mission timeout).
    4. probability        (Number) High probability = This mission will spawn more often: 0=off 1=low 10=high
*/

The weapons given the AI all feature (seemingly) random attachments.  The allowances in the BE filters for weapons are only for vanilla weapons, which is what is in the Epoch loot tables.  So in order to completely fix the kicks you have to add every possible attachment combination for each weapon to the filters.  An easier fix would be to go through the AI files and ensure that only vanilla weapons are spawning with the AI units.  

Also, you need to check and verify the classname on the First Aid Kits that are part of the crates loot and AI loot.  The one that is currently spawning on units is not usable to heal players with.  It only says "Examine" when you try to use it.  Pretty sure it's supposed to be "FAK" instead of "FirstAidKit".  

players that join my server getting  kick restriction : 

12:24:08 PM | Script Log: #0 JuceBx (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) - #29 ",{ private ['_unit','_z'];
_unit = _this select 0;
removeBackpackGlobal _unit;
{_unit removeWeaponGlobal _x}count (%1 +"
12:24:08 PM | Player #0 JuceBx (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) has been kicked by BattlEye: Script Restriction #29

The reason for the fast despawning missions is, because this test build has _debug = true; in the initMissions.sqf

It's a test build for experienced admins, allowing me to have a wider test range, don't use it if You don't know how to edit Scripts or just want to throw this on Your public server without having to check the logs etc.

@Darth_Rogue

I did take the Weapon ClassNames form the Epoch Config Files, unbinarized them and grabbed the classNames of the weapons from there.

@Tophi

You have to update your BE filters like it's written in the readme.txt

This is only a test build, if oyu don't know how to handle it, please be patient and wait for the next, working release.

Greez KiloSwiss

For reference to despawn times...

17:58:33 "#SEM: Running Mission "Supply Van" at Position [12195.4,10539.5]"

17:58:33 "#SEM: Spawned 7 units at position [12195.4,10539.5]"
17:58:33 "#SEM DEBUG: ServerID: 1"
17:58:33 "#SEM: Mission AI disabled"
17:58:33 "#SEM: Mission AI waiting for their first encounter"

18:03:36 "#SEM: Mission "Supply Van" finished"

18:03:36 "#SEM: Mission "Supply Van" finished"

Can confirm no one was near the mission.

Also, you need to check and verify the classname on the First Aid Kits that are part of the crates loot and AI loot.  The one that is currently spawning on units is not usable to heal players with.  It only says "Examine" when you try to use it.  Pretty sure it's supposed to be "FAK" instead of "FirstAidKit".  

I have found with those "certain" FirstAidKits, you can use them by the mouse wheel, but cannot heal yourself completely. To heal yourself completely, you need either a friend with a heal gun, or a spawned, looted, purchased  FirstAidKit

The reason for the fast despawning missions is, because this test build has _debug = true; in the initMissions.sqf

It's a test build for experienced admins, allowing me to have a wider test range, don't use it if You don't know how to edit Scripts or just want to throw this on Your public server without having to check the logs etc.

@Darth_Rogue

I did take the Weapon ClassNames form the Epoch Config Files, unbinarized them and grabbed the classNames of the weapons from there.

@Tophi

You have to update your BE filters like it's written in the readme.txt

This is only a test build, if oyu don't know how to handle it, please be patient and wait for the next, working release.

Greez KiloSwiss

You posted as I was typing mine out, sorry. lol

@Darth_Rogue

Greez KiloSwiss

Just downloaded the test build.  I'll throw it up on my test server when I get home from work and give it a go.  Thanks for your work on this!  My players are loving it.

I have found with those "certain" FirstAidKits, you can use them by the mouse wheel, but cannot heal yourself completely. To heal yourself completely, you need either a friend with a heal gun, or a spawned, looted, purchased  FirstAidKit

On the test build I changed all the classnames to FAK.  I'll try those out and see if they work better.  Will let you know.  

Only error thats popped so far, I checked the line, but nothing jumps out at me.

18:27:55 Error in expression }}forEach (>

18:27:55 Error position: }}forEach (>
18:27:55 Error Type Number, expected Bool
18:27:55 File a3epochmissions\scripts\ai\fn_AIsetOwner.sqf, line 41

"FAK" is the only first aid classname you should use with epoch. FirstAidKit and MedKit will heal you to .25 regardless if you are below that already, and do nothing at all, respectively. Goes for those of you running the loot spawner system script as well.

Test build Defiantly has more responsive AI, however as darth said without adding every possible variable of attachments to guns available to the AddWeaponCargo exceptions, someone will eventually get kicked. Atm I have that filter set to '3' just

To log the catches so I can manually add each exception as the filters catches them. Pain to do but eventually I'll have the filter filled out.

Overall good progress on this system, most well rounded mission script currently

Posted on the forums imo.

"FAK" is the only first aid classname you should use with epoch. FirstAidKit and MedKit will heal you to .25 regardless if you are below that already, and do nothing at all, respectively. Goes for those of you running the loot spawner system script as well.

Test build Defiantly has more responsive AI, however as darth said without adding every possible variable of attachments to guns available to the AddWeaponCargo exceptions, someone will eventually get kicked. Atm I have that filter set to '3' just

To log the catches so I can manually add each exception as the filters catches them. Pain to do but eventually I'll have the filter filled out.

Overall good progress on this system, most well rounded mission script currently

Posted on the forums imo.

Where did you change it to 3 ?

And will you paste the config once you have filled it all in :)

I agree. Easier to just remove the scopes, and add them to the box separately if you wish, than to add all those exceptions. Just my personal opinion though.

@KrisT

you will find that in the scripts.txt file in arma3cnfg > BEC

all of them have 7, changing to 3 logs, but doesn't kick

Edited by cyncrwler

I have a problem, I follow the installation instructions, my server on the map Chernorus, when the server starts further when approaching me kicked from server error Script Restriction # 19 .Here's how this error is explained-"\A3\Soft_F_Bootcamp\Offroad_01\script\randomize_colors.sqf

Double check and I bet you'll see that it's restriction 20 (line 21) that's giving you the problem.  Add this to the end of line 21 in scripts.txt and you should be all set.

!="execVM \"\A3\soft_f_gamma\Offroad_01\scripts\randomize_doors.sqf\"" !="(_this select 0) execVM \"\A3\Soft_F_Bootcamp\Offroad_01\scripts\randomize_colors.sqf\""