#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

PLease re-download again, I forgot to add the new exceptions You have to add into the createvehicle.txt, otherwise You will get kicked when the AI uses the rocket launcher.

I'm off for today, have fun with the fixed version.

@Richie

That's a good idea, I will do this later.

A beer or two are always good :)

Greez KiloSwiss

Any way you could somehow make the AI smarter and coordinate a bit better? I'm running this on my test server, and they tend to stick to one location and barely react/use cover, but just die one by one as I pick them off.

I liked the Arma 2 AI where they were in groups and one group would flank, and use cover, etc.

Any way you could somehow make the AI smarter and coordinate a bit better? I'm running this on my test server, and they tend to stick to one location and barely react/use cover, but just die one by one as I pick them off.

I liked the Arma 2 AI where they were in groups and one group would flank, and use cover, etc.

The reason for that is most of the A2 systems leveraged the UPSMON AI system or other existing ARMA AI systems which had some brain. It'd be nice if this AI could leverage the AI brain the drone spawned AI use.

I already wrote the scripts for the AI to react smarter, but they do not follow any move command after their owner has changed from the server to one of the clients.
Please read to understand where the problem lies and don't forget to vote the linked issue up.

The only solution would be to let the client spawn the AI, which would cause other problems with clients moving away from the mission (and getting lesser position updates from the server) or disconnecting while the mission is still running.
The best solution would be, to run the entire scripts on a headless client, but this is not suitable for most users who have rented a dedicated server.

Greez KiloSwiss

PLease re-download again, I forgot to add the new exceptions You have to add into the createvehicle.txt, otherwise You will get kicked when the AI uses the rocket launcher.

I'm off for today, have fun with the fixed version.

@Richie

That's a good idea, I will do this later.

A beer or two are always good :)

Greez KiloSwiss

I take it this one "launch_RPG32_F"

I already wrote the scripts for the AI to react smarter, but they do not follow any move command after their owner has changed from the server to one of the clients.

Please read to understand where the problem lies and don't forget to vote the linked issue up.

The only solution would be to let the client spawn the AI, which would cause other problems with clients moving away from the mission (and getting lesser position updates from the server) or disconnecting while the mission is still running.

The best solution would be, to run the entire scripts on a headless client, but this is not suitable for most users who have rented a dedicated server.

Greez KiloSwiss

I upvoted it Mr. Monocle!

i cant even load into my server with out getting kicked for script restriction #20.  looking thru my other addons to make sure its not them

i followed instructions to the T. 

had the other 2 versions running no problem...

k got it fixed had an error in line 21 of my scripts.txt  a few times.  but got it sorted. 

thanks for the script we love it

Yea same problem.... Everything is working great except the fact the AT weapons are not deleting themselves so every mission spawn players are getting an AT launcher with 2 refills.  Anyway make the server interesting until we have an update thanks for your work KiloSwiss! :D

Your exception added to line 21 of the scripts.txt is incorrect. I am currently trying to fix it.

29.12.2014 03:25:25: MadHatter (IP.HERE) GUIDHERE- #20 "(_this select 0) execVM "\A3\Structures_F\Wrecks\Scripts\Wreck_Heli_Attack_01.sqf""

someone blew up a chopper and it caused the server to go into a skynet script #20 kick spree

I have been looking into a way to disable the use of the AT weapons when dropped by Ai but cannot figure the script to use, maybe you can utilise the the following script command?: removePrimaryWeaponItem

Also can there be a notification to show that the mission has been Won/Failed and show players who have done so. (even better show: "Player 1 Completed mission "Bandit Camp" And killed 4 Bandits")

But just want to say keep up the good work! Cannot wait for the added features!!

Sorry for any havoc I created on Your server

I will now focus on fixing the following problems before adding new features:

- Fix AT launcher not being removed when the AI is killed

- Fix BE script restriction kick when the Heli blows up

- Fix addWeaponCargo/addWeaponCargoGlobal BE kicks when picking up weapons

I only added weapons from the MODs config files and Wiki page, so I thought those are already added to the exceptions in the official BE filters, but seems they have to be added manually.

After that i can add some "mission complete" or "mission failed" notifications.

@Havoc302

Please read post #30, post #55 and also see what I wrote in the first post of this thread, when You open the very first spoiler (before the download appears).

Greez KiloSwiss

Is anyone else getting kicked for SetDamage Restriction #0? - it only seems to happen after the server's restarted and a player joins, second time joining it's okay. Any clues as to what the cause may be would be helpful. I did follow the mission installation by the letter with no other scripts or addons installed (AiA Chernarus).

Nice work btw!  :)