ARMA 3 DLC required to fly some choppers?

absynth

But why include it in the mod?? We already had to shell out money for arma 3 (which is fine) to play epoch now another 10 for some heli's? Are they planning on modding their own versions or something?

The karts are in the mod but they are driveable without owning the mod. Just seems kinda weird to include stuff that not everyone has access to out of the gate.

Firstly, I'd say just buy the DLC. But I understand why some people wouldn't want to do that. However, I've found that there isn't much use for the Huron and Taru in Epoch. They draw way too much attention and are way too difficult to hide. Usually when we find one we immediately take them to be sold. Which does net you about 2500 krypto, so I guess that's one use for them.

I love how you get into a vehicle and it just decides to blow up.

Just did it to me in a chopper I was using.. It had ZERO damage.

I've had it happen so many dam times it's not funny.

I wouldn't really care if I could go back and get my body gear and krypto but it's history (again).

You are better off walking at the state of the mod right now until they address and fix it cuz it's a freaking joke.

You can remove them from the server spawn file. You're not missing a whole lot from 2 helicopters to be honest.

There are multiple versions of the taru and the DLC helicopters make up about half of the helicopters on a default server (not including the mosquito), so you might want to increase the number of the other helicopter to compensate. 

I find it funny how the DLC choppers seem the most abundant as well as the clothing and helmets that require the Kart DLC.

That's because there are so many different variants of them. We don't want that to be the case, thank you for bringing that up because putting in the DLC's was something debated a good while before we landed on including them.

Most DLC item I just ignore. The helmets, the carts, the starter pistol are all insignificant for Epoch.

The helicopters which can the lift, well those change the game and add a special element to it. I know people want free and are annoyed they have to pay anything to play, but after the price of Arma 3, the DLC is not a lot of money and adds a great deal of interesting elements to the game.  I would hate to see it removed.

You can remove them from the server spawn file. You're not missing a whole lot from 2 helicopters to be honest.

and whats the classname of them?

i only see

{"I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_EPOCH",1},

{"O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_EPOCH",1},

{"I_Heli_Transport_02_EPOCH",1},

{"O_Heli_Transport_04_EPOCH",1},

{"O_Heli_Transport_04_bench_EPOCH",1},

{"O_Heli_Transport_04_box_EPOCH",1},

{"O_Heli_Transport_04_covered_EPOCH",1},

{"B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_EPOCH",1},

which of them is it?

That's because there are so many different variants of them. We don't want that to be the case, thank you for bringing that up because putting in the DLC's was something debated a good while before we landed on including them.

If i may ask. What were to pros and cons to this debate? I get the pro extra content and the con all the bullshit that comes with it, but what ultimately made you choose to include it?

My two cents:

• The extra content is simply not good enough to justify the in game advertisements;
  • I do not feel it is in the spirit of the open-source / no pay to win that Epoch seems to be all about (which i think is really cool) - players that have the heli dlc have a clear advantage over players that dont;
  • Also feel like the racing crap is completely out of place and does not have an epoch feel to them (my interpretation, but still).

I just wanted to make myself clear, I can see why they are added, yeah cool more choppers in the game and supporting Bohemia etc etc.. but as f3cuk said it does kinda feel like its going against the whole spirit of modding. On the server we play on one of our group has the DLC but only he can fly/enter the chopper at all. Is there another way it could be implemented so at least the rest of us could at least be a passenger?

Keep up the good work with the mod though, having a blast.

Wasteland has a system that lets the non-DLC players be passengers, Epoch could do the same :)

Personally i don't see what the fuss is, just buy the DLC :D BIS are worth supporting, the karts and helis are great and i'll soon have the marksmen DLC, no doubt the penny pinchers will soon bleat on about not having that option

If i may ask. What were to pros and cons to this debate? I get the pro extra content and the con all the bullshit that comes with it, but what ultimately made you choose to include it?

My two cents:

• The extra content is simply not good enough to justify the in game advertisements;
  • I do not feel it is in the spirit of the open-source / no pay to win that Epoch seems to be all about (which i think is really cool) - players that have the heli dlc have a clear advantage over players that dont;
  • Also feel like the racing crap is completely out of place and does not have an epoch feel to them (my interpretation, but still).

Pros: New choppers

Cons: Not everyone can fly them.

Reasoning: You can still travel in the back seats and is removable via server admins.

Nope, DLC can't lift on Epoch

Yes they can. They can even lift base pieces.