"Roger Alpha 1, Recon site for secondary package"

"Confirmed, commencing now - film engaged - running"

"Copy Alpha 1"

Hours Later

"Tac 1 we have package delivery confirmed Sector 323, 445"

"Copy Base, inbound now, 2 minutes"

"Roger Tac 1, Give em Hell for us"

"Roger, Tac 1 out"

In the moonless night, two large fireballs are seen above the wooded hills, immense fireballs reaching a few hundred meters into the air as the forest nearby catches on fire with the combustables detonated.

Nice pic Mad Matyr.

This is our current base, situated on the farm land between Cherno and Balota on a Chernarus Epoch server. It's my third base and was built in partnership with Mada. 

• The facility is built in a 5x5-3x3-5x5-3x3-5x5 layout (ground floor is double high)
  • It has ground and roof chopper pens with all walls double layered for protection (we have several groups who crack bases with .50 Cal)
  • It is managed by 8 locked small and garage doors with a central mezzanine area on the ground floor and a viewing platform on the roof with scenic views of Cherno and the coast. 
  • It was planned in detail before we started and took 2-3 weeks to complete with countless hard earned briefcases of gold spent.
  • On our server Cinder and Mortar are available to purchase for 4 Silver at traders and Metal Panels are 3 Gold each.
  • The server is full on PVP andthe building was completed under constant never ending threat of attack. I was shot at many times while laying walls, was even killed 2-3 times in the process. 

We're pretty much finished now, with only a few patches of wood floors to chop out and replace with metal where there are some slim gaps in the floor due to the sizing disparity between cinder and flooring.

bigAPE  / Mada Cherno Base (30 images)

http://imgur.com/a/kDcRz

Some snapshots from the full photo library

View from the woods on the West

YJj7HHvh.jpg

View form East side

e8FMNX6h.jpg

View form Northern hills

NKgxudXh.jpg

Rear Chopper pen

BS7KEAvh.jpg

Ground Floor (double high) with mezzanine

CxBSGa3h.jpg

3rd Floor Balcony (the 1st Floor looks pretty much the same)

VSWGIR4h.jpg

Roof Chopper Pen and observation deck

FrYFqH9h.jpg

Ok another quick question, how do you add buildings to epoch, I have been trying but I can't instance build or use the editor like I could for other mods.

Its very simple, open up Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, in the main menu, press Alt + E. Part 1/5 complete

This will take you to a 2D map, now simply choose the area you want to customize and first choose ''Centre F10'' on the right hand side of the screen, now click anywhere on the map and press Ok, part 2/5 complete. 

Next you have to create a group, again on the right hand side of the screen select ''Group'' and click anywhere on the map. Next you will need a playable unit, so click on ''Unit'' and click on the map, this will bring up a menu, you dont have to alter anything apart form the second to last box, you want it in Playable. Part 3/5 done!

Next click on the 3D editior, to place buildings, click on the ''Vehicles'' tab and have a play around with that. Yep, thats part 4/5 finished!

To check your building work, you can click on 'Preview' at any time, saving  it will be your part 5/5 and finito!

A little friendly advice to people considering posting your base on here... don't put what server it's on. Within 12 hours of posting my images above, some spineless cheap asshats glitched through the walls and trashed the base walling us in/out with spare materials (wire, traps, sheds, etc) after removing the plot poles.

Not my actual base, but I was playing around with a "tower script" on my test server and thought this looked kinda funny (it wasn't supposed to be like that, but arma places some items as it pleases lol):

I call it the tower of lost souls...

0rRFQCNl.jpg

Around 5000 building parts! :P

make two of them and i'll join your server just to fly planes into them..... good times

building skyscrapers huh?

so now we need a working elevator too ^^

haha I also did a script for a working elevator, but there is just to much desync for multiplayer, it works fine for the player who triggers the elevator but all other players on the platform might fall trough.. maybe there is a solution to that problem but maybe I will test it on my server so it at least works for 1 player at a time :p

Its very simple, open up Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, in the main menu, press Alt + E. Part 1/5 complete

This will take you to a 2D map, now simply choose the area you want to customize and first choose ''Centre F10'' on the right hand side of the screen, now click anywhere on the map and press Ok, part 2/5 complete. 

Next you have to create a group, again on the right hand side of the screen select ''Group'' and click anywhere on the map. Next you will need a playable unit, so click on ''Unit'' and click on the map, this will bring up a menu, you dont have to alter anything apart form the second to last box, you want it in Playable. Part 3/5 done!

Next click on the 3D editior, to place buildings, click on the ''Vehicles'' tab and have a play around with that. Yep, thats part 4/5 finished!

To check your building work, you can click on 'Preview' at any time, saving  it will be your part 5/5 and finito!

This shows how to use the 3d editor in general... However, it does not display any of the Epoch buildables. Perhaps I am missing an addon or something?

Am curious has anyone been able to make a base that is safe for helis to land? I dont just mean on a roof but an encompassing enclosure so the heli cant be shotfrom another heli while its parked or shot from another enemy. Like a roof that can close and is big enough so the heli can be taken out for a fly?

• 2 weeks later...

This seems more like the "show off your base that you created because you are the server admin or know the server admin and/or somehow exploited the acquisition of cinder blocks". Boooo...

There is some of that to show what is possible. To be honest I wish I had the time to play enough to build up the resource, though we did build up a fair amount for our base as, as a developer, it is necessary to experience it as a player. Though we added walls and floors as a trade item and sold loads of vehicles on the test server at the traders, so not entirely cheating. I may have duped the odd backpack due to industrial accidents ;)

You will find a lot of developers spend very little of their time actually playing for playing sake, I know i don't.

Don't let that stop you putting your base up, is not about how big a base is, everyone admires well crafted, cleverly placed bases, as I am sure we all have one somewhere on the public servers we do play on now and again :)

A good call if you ask me, let's see some of those bases that are well lived in and are the place you call home on your server.. That is what modular building is about after all..

I should add I am pretty sure that a good percentage of these bases are through hard work. Is not that hard for a group of 2 to 6 to build up the required material.

There is some of that to show what is possible. To be honest I wish I had the time to play enough to build up the resource, though we did build up a fair amount for our base as, as a developer, it is necessary to experience it as a player. Though we added walls and floors as a trade item and sold loads of vehicles on the test server at the traders, so not entirely cheating. I may have duped the odd backpack due to industrial accidents ;)

You will find a lot of developers spend very little of their time actually playing for playing sake, I know i don't.

Don't let that stop you putting your base up, is not about how big a base is, everyone admires well crafted, cleverly placed bases, as I am sure we all have one somewhere on the public servers we do play on now and again :)

A good call if you ask me, let's see some of those bases that are well lived in and are the place you call home on your server.. That is what modular building is about after all..

I should add I am pretty sure that a good percentage of these bases are through hard work. Is not that hard for a group of 2 to 6 to build up the required material.

It didn't stop me.  I built a 3 story wooden base (2x2 walls) with a ramp leading out from the second floor and then splitting in three directions... each one leading to a helicopter landing pad.  Oh, and a 1x2 garage connected to store a fuel truck.  I just was disappointed that very few of the bases posted here appear to be created through the realistic means of a few players.  That's what I'd actually be interested in seeing.

For example, I want to see someone who build into the side of the Pabeda Dam, or people who've converted an in-game building into their base, or used the old castles as a starting point (ok there is one of those here... :) ).

I've done quite a bit with base building (as can be reasonably done within a month) and so far and my experiences tell me that unless you have a clan that is big enough (and in multiple time zones) to protect your base 24/7, it's best to keep things nice and subtle.

I've done quite a bit with base building (as can be reasonably done within a month) and so far and my experiences tell me that unless you have a clan that is big enough (and in multiple time zones) to protect your base 24/7, it's best to keep things nice and subtle.

You can just play on a server with indestructable bases, maybe not that much "fun" but there are just to many griefers who just want to destroy everything they can't own... :/

post-2065-0-70915900-1385141970_thumb.jp

Vewy old screenshot,  tower is a lot bigger, and theres a bunch more stuff on the outside of the base :P

Permanent bases, no maintenance, supply drops, tradable mortar / cinder / metal panels (this one just in the past 3 days), increased building limit etc.

I'll see if someone from our clanny can make some fresher screenshots or a video :P 

Here's a little base experiment we tried... seems to work well as a large garage.  Zombies love walking through the walls though.

http://imgur.com/ffnB61c

We had our second base (our first real base) inside the second hangar from the north at nwaf, i know the problem with zeds, but at that time i did not know that surrounding ur base with walls (360 degrees closed) would stop zombies from entering, so instead we built floors (3 levels) inside the hangar, and some stuff on the roof (I play epoch like minecraft with PvP :P)

We had our second base (our first real base) inside the second hangar from the north at nwaf, i know the problem with zeds, but at that time i did not know that surrounding ur base with walls (360 degrees closed) would stop zombies from entering, so instead we built floors (3 levels) inside the hangar, and some stuff on the roof (I play epoch like minecraft with PvP :P)

We built some stairs up to the windows in the hangar but discovered what appears to be an invisible ceiling.  Did you encounter that at all?

We built some stairs up to the windows in the hangar but discovered what appears to be an invisible ceiling.  Did you encounter that at all?

yeah you cannot really walk next to the glass, i went prone to place sandbags as close as possible. one annoying part about nwaf is the lights though :P Also you can use a latter to go through the roof to build on top there. Also, the hangar doesnt protect u from explosions, so if u dotn have many cars, take time to build some walls around it, it will be slightly safer.