Show Off Your Base

MadMartyr

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYezZUUxsFM

I can't record so i had a friend from another clan make it :P

Edit: on this server cinder / mortar / metal panels /m240 nests were buyable, and there were a lot of supply drops while wew ere testing. M113's were buyable for 12 briefcases, repair truck were unique spawns on the map, and full cinder walls and metal floors are indestructable

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSo4YA4FWc this video shows the same guys attacking our base for an event

• 2 weeks later...

Hhtg5stl.jpg

Other screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/fm0IZ

I built most of this with the Arma II editor, which is where I'm taking the shots from, which is why there are no doors because we added them in the server.  This is strictly our admin base, separate from our player bases that we made in-game.

We opened our server up today btw, we don't use a provider, we have a dedicated box at a datacenter in Quebec, Canada.  Info is in my signature.

95% of these bases doesnt fit into the game. Simply a overkill of uglyness

Your mom is an overkill of ugliness. ;o

@Axecop

Nice, that tower is like 40 floors, dear god...  Did you or anyone post pictures of that one guys base north of Lopatino, the one with the custom made landing strip and heli pads over the water and such?  That base was one of the best built I've seen yet.  I have a hard time believing he built that outside of the editor. =P  Good to see you guys are still doing well, the server was just a little too far away for my pos 1.5Mbit ADSL connection.

@TubZ

I like the pentagon heli pad, may or may not be stealing that.

cring0 yeah I understand, still sad we've lost you guys as players.

anyway I don't know if you mean that base but we have one player on the server who build some amazing base next to a pond, I only have a video of it where I destroy it on my test server but you can see the base there :p

http://youtu.be/EZ-LVnrvXCU

and how is your server doing?

cring0 yeah I understand, still sad we've lost you guys as players.

anyway I don't know if you mean that base but we have one player on the server who build some amazing base next to a pond, I only have a video of it where I destroy it on my test server but you can see the base there :P

http://youtu.be/EZ-LVnrvXCU

and how is your server doing?

Yeah, that's the base.  I have a video of it at night, it looks really nice the way he lit it up.  I need to upload it.  I really liked the way he lit his air strip, pretty creative. =D

So far so good.  We're still learning some things, but I think we're doing pretty well.  We don't have a large user base yet, the most we have is about 10 players at a time, usually there's only about 3-5 of us on at a time.  I had designs to make an AI city that you had to infiltrate and get to a treasury vault where the objective loot was, but I don't think we can do that well with Sarge AI.  Not to mention that if we did, we'd have to drop all other missions I think.  But it would be nice to set AI up on buildings and towers and such, and I'm not sure how to do that while making some of them have dynamic moving patterns.  I know how to do triggers and such in the Arma editor, but I don't think there's a way to add that to the servers mission file or have separate AI from the Sarge AI.  Baby steps, one day we might get there lol.

We'd love to do the single currency thing too, but you know how that is.  I think we're going to have a jet ski race either today or soon as a server event. XD  Should be good times.  The rivers in Panthera are pretty cool for that.

• 2 weeks later...

F Origins and their flying fortresses!

q3mVavJl.jpg

I'm probably going to take that stupid air strip extension thingy back off... doesn't work so well lol.  This took about 3 weeks I think.  That picture is actually showing the back side, here's a vid:

Now I'm building a bridge from the mainland in Panthera to Maleficio Island.

scw94VVl.jpg

Also ran some cement blocks over some of the bridges in Panthera because they were a bit glitched and players couldn't run across them.

PS: None of the bridge stuff will work because it moves once its loaded in game.  Apparently, it's height is based off of how high the water is, not off of the sea level.  So, since there are waves, so waves whatever you build over top of it.  I could'n't even put anything over the bridges because they too lift and drop in places.

Finally got something captured. This is my solo base... I don't have anyone helping me with it. I'm in the process of finishing the 2nd floor + adding a 2nd helipad (metal floors, much bigger) at the end of the wooden walkway. Not perfect by any means, but the first time I've actually (a) given any thought to the construction and (b) built onto an existing structure, which I actually found more challenging, since you have to try and plan around it AND integrate it as well. 

Note: the second stairway is queued to be deleted by the mod... building takes a LOT longer/is less perfect when the server you're playing on requires admin help to remove panels... :(

http://imgur.com/a/2VIZi

fKlUEJe.jpg

polana base ...I thought using the pipes for support was a great idea:)

Built a similar base to that on Factory, although didn't finish the plan was to use to the pipes like walls of the Castle, however found the Zombies in factory frustrating whilst building. 

Server dies though before we could finish. 

• 2 weeks later...

F Origins and their flying fortresses!

q3mVavJl.jpg

We moved our server to Napf, and you can't exactly just copy content like this over =P so if anyone is running Panthera and would like to add this to their map, I put the mission files in my dropbox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7225557/DayZ/Data/SkyBase.v5.01.Panthera2.zip

I left off the doors so you can build them in game and add locks.  I designed it so that it only needs 2 doors, one on the front and one up top.  The base is located at 052 055 near the center of the map and Triglav Mountain.  I believe it was at about 890m altitude.  We had it loaded into our server and put the doors on and such but moved to Napf before we could really use it.  I hate to see it go to waste, spent a lot of time on it lol.

I'm thinking about making one for Napf, but I don't know if I want to dedicate all that time into it again.

I have some other additions to the Panthera map as well.

- Wall around the trader Planica to defend against people up on hill.

- Hero trader at north eastern airfield.

- Bandit trader at south western airfield. (This is the only one I didn't really get to test.)

- Place for black market trader at a house near Triglav Mountain.

- Place for black market vehicles trader in Bovec.

- Place for a car impound north of military base north of Arnoldstein.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7225557/DayZ/Data/PantheraMissions.zip

P.S.  Also, I have Panthera v2.9 in my dropbox, even though you can get it from Armaholic and it would probably transfer faster.  I just have it in case something would happen to Armaholic's ftp ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7225557/DayZ/Data/IslandPanthera_v29.7z

In my defense "NONE" of mine was built in the editor it was all done in game.. but the materials where I will admit for the most part spawned into my storage tents :) still took many many hours of work!.. have to say the obviously edited in ones I do feel is a bit of a cheat as is I guess adding in materials...but none of these fab Ideas would ever see the light of day if it had to all be done in real game time!.. kudos to any one of these bases IF they where done on a live server without a few spawned in bits.. :)

In my defense "NONE" of mine was built in the editor it was all done in game.. but the materials where I will admit for the most part spawned into my storage tents :) still took many many hours of work!.. have to say the obviously edited in ones I do feel is a bit of a cheat as is I guess adding in materials...but none of these fab Ideas would ever see the light of day if it had to all be done in real game time!.. kudos to any one of these bases IF they where done on a live server without a few spawned in bits.. :)

Spawning mats in Epoch is just killing the game, makes it too much Minecrafty. It makes you a lot more proud if you have a big ass finished base and really worked hard on getting all the stuff for it. 

Spawning mats in Epoch is just killing the game, makes it too much Minecrafty. It makes you a lot more proud if you have a big ass finished base and really worked hard on getting all the stuff for it.

True but what admins really get time to play now.. actually I will for a bit closing down the real server frenchies charging us a fortune and neither of us ever even play on it.. so much so not even upgraded to 1.0.4 yet lol.. will dissappear when they realise we're not paying any longer.. so it's privates servers again for me..much less time and hassle needed!