Maintaining Frequency Jammer Base Objects not updating

RC_Robio

Maintaining base objects with the frequency jammer results in crypto loss as expected. But if you go to maintain again it will again remove crypto. Thought this is due to the 15min 1 key change update on redis as I was the only client connected to the server. But I waited 20 min to see if it would update and still no change.

1. Vanilla Epoch Chernarus

2. Latest Arma 3 Build 1.36 (Client)     Server Version 1.36performance4  0.2.5.2Release 2

3. Base Maintenance

4. Repeatable yes 

Also after restart still requires maintenance 

• 1 month later...

What should happen when you hit maintain and it says 78 krypto? Cause I can keep maintaining that infintely and my base parts still randomly disappear.

So I built a base over the past week (in 5 day period), I put the jammer last day and forgot to maintain. Today log in to the server and half of the floors are gone. So I rebuild the base and hit "maintain" on my jammer. So far so good? I disconnected, connected after server restart and TWO walls were gone, even though I did not touch them at all previously. Am I the only one experiencing this or is it the server issue?

Confirmed. I also cannot see anything changing on building objects in the database.. Since there's no date entry it's a lot of guessing, but the lines describing an object do NOT change when you maintain.

Although there isn't a date field in the record, there is a 'time to live' which is part of the record. If you are using Redis Desktop Manager look at the top right of the window next to the 'rename' button. This 'time to live' doesn't seem to match up with the expiry times set in epochconfig.hpp though.

I've also had multiple reports of base parts and even whole bases just vaporizing on restarts.  At first I thought there was some hanky panky going on but this issue sounds like it definitely fits.  I've also wondered if maintenance is being done too close to a restart and the maintenance event data doesn't get saved to the db before the server comes back up, in which case the server would think that the base hasn't been maintained and would consequently not spawn the base item(s) back into the world.  I still wish REDIS would do real-time saves to disk instead of waiting to do a flush.  That's one way where SQL had a huge advantage...an event happens in the server, it's saved immediately....period.  

From a couple bases on the server I play on and my own, I think the parts deleting may have to do with having multiple hammers.

Yeah that's a good point.  If a player has multiple jammers around their base and they do a "maintain" at one jammer, does that propagate to all base items?  Or just items that were built immediately prior to that jammer being installed?  Or does it even matter?

That's what I want to know too. Does jammer work no matter what in 300 meter radius and updates all items that are currently there, or only it updates items that has been there BEFORE you put the jammer. Or maybe after?

As I said now I fear to come back to my server and see floors missing again. It was pain in the ass putting them back, good thing I had foundations intact, so that helped to align. Then I just had to rebuild garage door and it was it. Relogged, came back and two stud walls by the garage door that I just put where missing. Like everything was ok except missing two walls.

Another posibility, is there a limit on how many items 1 jammer maintains. I have only observed this on large bases on my server. Over 300 items.

The base in question is a 5x5 grid, 3 stories tall, plus a lot of misc items laying around. 15 mins before a restart, 385 krypto was paid, it was exactly 7 days since last payment (we agreed as a group to pay every Sunday), after the restart, the base looked like this:

2015-02-08_00003.jpg

2015-02-08_00005.jpg

2015-02-08_00004.jpg

2015-02-08_00007.jpg

As for what admins should do, it's a case by case basis, but Merritt & his team provided us the resources to rebuild, which took 12 hours to do! Now I think our rebuilt base is haunted by the ghost of bases past. We have weird episodes where we run up to a shelf & start sliding sideways. Small gaps in the floors causes the glitchy floating issue big time. 

I'm really not sure if admin on A3E servers can restore bases and content within but it would be a really nice thing to have that functionality.  They were able to restore bases/gear in A2 or at least some admin were able to.

There may be something bugged with the jammer maintenance distance.

I have a very small base and the farthest wall is always despawning on me.  Nothing else but that one wall.  It's definitely within the acceptable distance.  This wall is probably not even 50 meters from the jammer.

I am maintaining and it's always that one wall.  

• 3 weeks later...