Epoch Helicopters Issues

FPSTrollywood

So I have noticed that getting into helicopters frequently gets me killed. Just the act of getting in. Not starting it, not flying around crashing like a moron... just getting in. I have had this happening recently (within the last 2 weeks) on a lot of servers including Mell's, MGT, BMRF, etc... I also know a lot of other people have been getting the same issue. This happens only on Epoch, and with both DLC and Non-DLC helicopters. Either the helicopter blows up with me, or it doesn't get damaged at all and I just randomly die.

One of the times it happened on MGT, it also kicked me from the server at the same time for "Create Vehicle Restriction." Naturally that also glitched me out of my group that I was the leader of and made my group's 4 plot poles and 2 lock boxes pretty much useless...

What is causing this and what is being done to resolve this? 

Also, does anyone else have an issue with the ATRQ on the Taru sling loader breaking every single time you use the sling to pick up any vehicle?? It even broke while I was lifting a fking go kart the other day.

Yep, twice yesterday on picking up a vehicle very carefully, the ATRQ broke.

Something with them isn't right.

• 2 weeks later...

Happened to me once.

Now, before I get in my heli the first time of the day I drop all my gear and get in the heli, then fly from my landing pad to the ground next to it and land it, get my gear and only then do I start taking it for a flight. 

Maybe it has something to do with self built landing pads. A friend had a Hummingbird on his landing pad and was doing some building a few feet away and his heli glitched into the floor boards, then took more and more damage and blew up. 

My incident was also shortly after I had built a shelf in my base. I built the shelf, got in my heli and insta blew up. Maybe it is related.

I also have experienced random exploding vehicles in arma 3, outside of epoch mod.

It has been happening a lot more frequently of late however,

Could be linked to the A3 update just prior to xmas,

as I've had it happen outside of epoch, i'm also of the opinion that it's the game, and not the mod.

I just had another one of those little new mozzies.  I'm a sucker for punishment that's for sure.

Now I see why nobody else uses them.

it just did a 360 on me and slammed into the ground while auto-hover.

They also go down really easy.. 2 shots from a handgun sends it into a violent spin.

It's a flying coffin in it's current unpredictable state.

I just had another one of those little new mozzies.  I'm a sucker for punishment that's for sure.

Now I see why nobody else uses them.

it just did a 360 on me and slammed into the ground while auto-hover.

They also go down really easy.. 2 shots from a handgun sends it into a violent spin.

It's a flying coffin in it's current unpredictable state.

Like I said in another thread.....well it is a bunch of metal stock welded together in some dude's back yard, can expect it to fly like the others. lol

• 2 months later...

A trick I have learned over the past month is to shoot my vehicle tires before getting in them. This works for land vehicles and flying contraptions. You only need to do once per session. A restart will require you to repeat the action. Since I started doing this, I have not lost a vehicle or lost 100 kyrpto.

It's been happening a lot on king of the hill, and its been happening befor 1.4 i believe. I'm assuming it's a bug in arma 3 but maybe theres something else going on behind the scenes. I noticed it happens mostly right after the new game session begins or the server restarts as well.

I was suspecting some Epoch scripts, but since this shit happens in other mods too, it is definitely arma 3 problem. BUGEMIA wake up. Fix your helis.

Also noticed some servers have more exploding helis than others (not sure, but I think I noticed it).

maps and terrain can make a diffrence, never had one blowen up while in my bases, only on the ground of the map

maps and terrain can make a diffrence, never had one blowen up while in my bases, only on the ground of the map

Makes me wonder if its just the altitude adjustment on those vehicles when the server starts up. It wasn't that long ago that ground vehicles would spawn in sunk into the ground. I'm guessing its causing a collision.. though you would think that wouldn't happen until you started the vehicle up or tried moving it. Dunno.