Preview: Ghost of Chernarus Epoch-Specific Map Pack

Charlatan

Amazing map! Loving it! :) Really hope to see the island in action soon after seeing what you did to the other places.

Found some places that seem wrong, but I might just not know enough about Dayz

In Hero base this building can't be entered unless you vault into it or come from the side (and that seemed to make my character glitch around through the floor for a second before coming up.

post-17472-0-96768500-1404099751_thumb.j

In Bash the stairs to the awesome treehouses seem to be placed a bit high. I can't run up them in the middle and if I run down the middle I fly off the stairs.

post-17472-0-61289400-1404100010_thumb.j

Also have a question, got any good tips for adding NPCs that just patrol like hero camp back and forwards? 

Heya Traesket, thanks for the feedback !

These two issues were new to me :o   I will look into the building at the Hero Trader, but I can't reproduce the error with the stairs at Trader City Bash.

With middle, do you mean the middle of each of the two stairs, or the wooden bar between them ?

For NPC tips, not yet unfortunately, its a whole different type of work :O

Heya Traesket, thanks for the feedback !

These two issues were new to me :o   I will look into the building at the Hero Trader, but I can't reproduce the error with the stairs at Trader City Bash.

With middle, do you mean the middle of each of the two stairs, or the wooden bar between them ?

For NPC tips, not yet unfortunately, its a whole different type of work :o

I mean the bar between them, might just be how they work :p

No problem =) Keep up the great work!

• 1 month later...

Hello people !

Unfortunately I have to let you know that the additional content of BSI simply doesn't fit into my timescale at the moment, and support for the required AI is lacking. If Arma2 Epoch endures, i'll definitely look into it again.

It's far more likely that i'll take this to Arma3 Epoch however once the resources are advanced enough.

BSI was never official part of Ghost of Chernarus Map pack and started due to high demand - for GOC I'll ofc still work on fixing errors and all.

So I tried the BSI and removed it later.  I tried to add AI to it also but I got sick of it and actually I removed all AI from my epoch server.  I prefer more of player interactions rather then playing against a computer.

That being said the rest of your map edits are awesome and I still use them.

@Brockie

I understand exactly what you mean, the problems that certain game mechanics and editor mechanics pose were the main reason this project took many many hours to complete, and also why BSI, while actually next-to-finished, only exists as Editor-Files with only 1 platform finished for Server use.

@ZENITHOVMAN

Thanks for the kind words, enjoyment is exactly what I intended :>

@ Everyone

As said above - the BSI WIP Files can be fired up in the Editor at any time. If you are curious what would have come to you, or want to give it a go yourself to convert them to a server-compatible format, feel free ! It'd be a pity if its never used at all just because my timescale is narrow.

• 2 weeks later...

First off I want to say thank you for the awesome additions. I have the maps working through the mission file fine, but end up with a large mission file. When I try to add it in the dayz_server.pbo, I make a folder called Maps and call the execvm....

In the server functions sqf and the buildings dont spawn. It reports in the rpt that it cant find the maps

First off I want to say thank you for the awesome additions. I have the maps working through the mission file fine, but end up with a large mission file. When I try to add it in the dayz_server.pbo, I make a folder called Maps and call the execvm....

In the server functions sqf and the buildings dont spawn. It reports in the rpt that it cant find the maps

Heya messeduprex !

Hm I've seen that before. What's your server host ?

Spotted this the other night, d/l and started with Bash traders. Just fracking gorgeous. Beautifully done. No issues....just eye candy, so much eye candy.

Thanks for sharing, happy gaming

Red

Edit/Update: Loaded all the bases and runs beautifully. Current server is Overpoch 1.0.5.1; flying over these is a must for anyone installing these, walking through them a given.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Oi there !

Here's a taste of my typical luck:

My webspace upgrade deleted the old files AND my backup HDD conveniently stopped working right at this moment.

So I am left with an outdated version of my own work, which is problematic when I want to return to Epoch for more. Also, people can't download the recent version atm.

If anyone has the most recent files, could they rar them and upload them somewhere?

Ghost of Chernarus

A map pack specifically made for Epoch

Hello guys and girls.

I'd like to preview the Chernarus Overhaul I am working on - a collection of map packs focusing on Epoch's Core zones.

Features:

• Better protection at Trader Cities
  • Immersive, some pretty eccentric structures
  • Fully modular - each spot is a seperate sqf
  • Hours of optimization work to reduce file size and increase performance
  • Two projects of Fortresses ready for NPCs - one small, one excessively large (approx. 2x2 kilometers of platforms in the ocean)
  • Alternative versions of the maps coming in the future to offer options and variants: No fuelpump in Klen / No Zombies / Less Objects / More entrances   etc.
  • More alternative versions tailored to your personal wishes, just post em here =)

Current Progress:

- Traders -

Trader City Klen Enhancement:    -    100%     (+Optimization ! )     (+Alternative Versions ! )

Trader City Stary Enhancement:    -    100%     (+Optimization ! )    (+Alternative Versions ! )

Trader City Bash Enhancement:    -    100%     (+Optimization ! )    (+Alternative Versions ! )

Northeast Aircraft Dealer Overhaul "The Boneyard"    -    100%     (+Optimization ! )     (+Alternative Versions ! )

Bandit Trader Overhaul "Cutthroat's Corner"    -    100%     (+Optimization ! )

Hero Trader Overhaul "Last Home"    -    100%

- Landmarks -

Willow Lake Castle Ruin: 100%     (+Optimization ! )

"The Unburied" Battlefield Remnants: 100%     (+Optimization ! )     (+Alternative Versions ! )

- Structure Improvements -

Zelenogorsk - Rehabilitation Center & Warehouses: 100%

Grishino - Construction Sites : 100%

Files:

Preliminary Release Work-In-Progress: http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC.rar

PDF Readme / Screenshots / Map Locations: http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC.pdf

FAQ:

• OMG I get an Error Message about "missing content" for "aif1_buildings" or "pook_h13"

Don't worry, that didn't do any harm. Standard Epoch includes these two files, but they are not used on Chernarus so the Mod does not find them.

The Readme file included in the download has instructions on page 2 how to remove the error message  !

You can play without any problems despite getting the error message, btw.

• How do I install this?

I suggest using the server.pbo, the Readme file has installation instructions !

• Do I need to change/add the traders manually?

No, the traders and their market stalls all remain unchanged.

• Does the Castle in Klen disappear?

No, it will all be normal ingame. The Castle is simply not visible in the editor, thus missing on my screenshots.

Permissions/Credits:

As long as players enjoy them, feel free to edit / modify my maps however you like. Just don't claim them as your own work ;)

Without the Epoch Mod, I wouldn't have worked on these map upgrades for Chernarus, so most credit goes to the Epoch Team!

Hey man it's in the mission.sqf on your sever

First off I will be installing these later today but the screen shots look awesome.  So thank you for all the hard work you put into this.  Any luck on getting your Hero Trader files?  I would hate to do your install a disservice by using an inferior HT that does not match the other traders.  Thank you again and look forward to any future releases you may have.

Thanks Slimdickens, unfortunately nobody has approached me as of yet.

But: There MUST be a lot of people who still have the files. According to my webspace statistics, GOC.rar was downloaded over 6900 times in the first 6 months, and a lot of time has passed since then. This statistic showed all downloads, not unique IPs, but still, there must have been a lot of users.

(+Optimization ! )  - what is optimized?

becorse spawn like:

_bldObj = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _bldObj = createVehicle ["MAP_Misc_G_Pipes", [6284.9082, 7792.4834, 1.2166975], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _bldObj setPos [6284.9082, 7792.4834, 1.2166975];
  _bldObj setVectorDirAndUP [[1,-0.6,0],[1,0,0]];
};

not like:

_vehicle_22 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_GuardShed", [14300.908, 12412.609, -0.16525249], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_22 = _this;
  _this setDir 269.04272;
  _this setPos [14300.908, 12412.609, -0.16525249];
}; 

(+Optimization ! )  - what is optimized?

My note "+Optimization !" means that I looked through all objects manually and mostly deleted unnecessary numbers/digits/lines. Also, it means I checked through most places to look for clipping / collision problems.

_vehicle_22 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["Land_GuardShed", [14300.908, 12412.609, -0.16525249], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_22 = _this;

_this setDir 269.04272;

_this setPos [14300.908, 12412.609, -0.16525249];

};

If you use the code above, it will only work with small .sqf files.

If your map is larger, it causes errors for the server, going as far as to spawn objects wrongly, and even stop spawning any new objects at some point. Why this happens, I can only guess, but I think it collides with the server vehicle limit at some point.

For example, if you write the map code using _vehicle_ , my Trader City: Klen would cause errors when the server starts and only spawn less than half of the objects, with many spawning with the wrong rotation etc. But defining the objects as _bldObj   works flawlessly - it will not cause errors unless something else interrupts.

got it, thx!

if all work flawlessly, it makes sense to rewrite all to _bldObj?

this spawn trayder looks good? Or is there a better way?

_unit = objNull;
	if (true) then
	{
	  _unit = createAgent ["RU_Doctor", [12528.427, 14978.729, 0.068014488], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	  _unit setDir -4.0797386;
	  _unit setUnitAbility 0.60000002; // need it????
	  _unit allowDammage false; _unit disableAI 'FSM'; _unit disableAI 'MOVE'; _unit disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _unit disableAI 'TARGET'; _unit setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _unit forceSpeed 0;_unit enableSimulation false;
	};

got it, thx!

if all work flawlessly, it makes sense to rewrite all to _bldObj?

Objects, Structures, Decoration, Trees, anything not mobile, it's better to use _bldObj

_unit = objNull;
	if (true) then
	{
	  _unit = createAgent ["RU_Doctor", [12528.427, 14978.729, 0.068014488], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	  _unit setDir -4.0797386;
	  _unit setUnitAbility 0.60000002; // need it????
	  _unit allowDammage false; _unit disableAI 'FSM'; _unit disableAI 'MOVE'; _unit disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _unit disableAI 'TARGET'; _unit setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _unit forceSpeed 0;_unit enableSimulation false;
	};

4 things:

1. You know you have to add soldiers to the mission file directly, yes? It won't work in a  .sqf

2. For some reason, the game automatically saves these blocks with Position set a second time with setPos, it is missing in your example? IF your object MUST be placed absolutely exact, it makes sense to use it

3. If you keep this setPos that normally is there, you have to put any setDir and setVectorUP and setVectorDirAndUP afterwards, because if you use setPos or setPosASL, the rotation is reset to default.

4. setUnitAbility  it doesn't matter what you set there, but the game will want SOME value.

5. Careful, I never created soldiers / AI units myself, but this should work anyway.

Here's how the block should place the soldier exactly as it should:

_unit = objNull;
	if (true) then
	{
          _unit setPos [12528.427, 14978.729, 0.068014488];
	  _unit setDir -4.08;
	  _unit setUnitAbility 0.6; // need it????
	};

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Slimdickens, unfortunately nobody has approached me as of yet.

But: There MUST be a lot of people who still have the files. According to my webspace statistics, GOC.rar was downloaded over 6900 times in the first 6 months, and a lot of time has passed since then. This statistic showed all downloads, not unique IPs, but still, there must have been a lot of users.

Hey, i had downloaded your files a while ago, and i still have it, so here it is! Sorry that you lost the files, but atleast you have this back :)

I haven`t changed anything, cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vu0iyycmie9l0l/GOC.rar?dl=0