Preview: Ghost of Chernarus Epoch-Specific Map Pack

Charlatan

Ghost of Chernarus

A map pack specifically made for Epoch

Hello guys and girls.

I'd like to preview the Chernarus Overhaul I am working on - a collection of map packs focusing on Epoch's Core zones.

Features:

• Better protection at Trader Cities
  • Immersive, some pretty eccentric structures
  • Fully modular - each spot is a seperate sqf
  • Hours of optimization work to reduce file size and increase performance
  • Two projects of Fortresses ready for NPCs - one small, one excessively large (approx. 2x2 kilometers of platforms in the ocean)
  • Alternative versions of the maps coming in the future to offer options and variants: No fuelpump in Klen / No Zombies / Less Objects / More entrances   etc.
  • More alternative versions tailored to your personal wishes, just post em here =)

Current Progress:

- Traders -

Trader City Klen Enhancement:    -    100%     (+Optimization ! )     (+Alternative Versions ! )

Trader City Stary Enhancement:    -    100%     (+Optimization ! )    (+Alternative Versions ! )

Trader City Bash Enhancement:    -    100%     (+Optimization ! )    (+Alternative Versions ! )

Northeast Aircraft Dealer Overhaul "The Boneyard"    -    100%     (+Optimization ! )     (+Alternative Versions ! )

Bandit Trader Overhaul "Cutthroat's Corner"    -    100%     (+Optimization ! )

Hero Trader Overhaul "Last Home"    -    100%

- Landmarks -

Willow Lake Castle Ruin: 100%     (+Optimization ! )

"The Unburied" Battlefield Remnants: 100%     (+Optimization ! )     (+Alternative Versions ! )

- Structure Improvements -

Zelenogorsk - Rehabilitation Center & Warehouses: 100%

Grishino - Construction Sites : 100%

Files:

Preliminary Release Work-In-Progress: http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC.rar

PDF Readme / Screenshots / Map Locations: http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC.pdf

FAQ:

• OMG I get an Error Message about "missing content" for "aif1_buildings" or "pook_h13"
    Don't worry, that didn't do any harm. Standard Epoch includes these two files, but they are not used on Chernarus so the Mod does not find them.
    The Readme file included in the download has instructions on page 2 how to remove the error message  !
    You can play without any problems despite getting the error message, btw.

• How do I install this?
    I suggest using the server.pbo, the Readme file has installation instructions !

• Do I need to change/add the traders manually?
    No, the traders and their market stalls all remain unchanged.

• Does the Castle in Klen disappear?
    No, it will all be normal ingame. The Castle is simply not visible in the editor, thus missing on my screenshots.

Permissions/Credits:

As long as players enjoy them, feel free to edit / modify my maps however you like. Just don't claim them as your own work ;)

Without the Epoch Mod, I wouldn't have worked on these map upgrades for Chernarus, so most credit goes to the Epoch Team!

I'd like to prevent causing issues. What problem with large object counts do you mean?

In an earlier version i noticed heavy problems, but ever since I defined all objects as _bldObj instead of _vehicle in the SQFs and deleted further useless data in the arma-made SQFs, all visible trouble disappeared. We were testing this for two weeks on a Nitrado server, player count varying between 5 and 24, maps one by one, the server load, serverside FPS and player FPS were always the same.

On an active server, with a very inquisitive server admin who spent most of his freetime only checking for errors, performance issues and improvements, nobody noticed anything after 2 weeks. Thats good enough for me =)

I have added the download link of the WIP version!

Unfortunately the editor files (.biedi) are not included. The original .sqf files Arma2 creates from the .biedi are full of problems in DayZ.

I spent more than 7 hours optimizing these .sqf files by hand, to remove these problems.

Known Issues of this release:

=> "The Unburied" Battlefield: The large amount of Zombies causes a lagspike at first arrival, thus Zombie spawns were removed. An alternative file WITH spawns is still included for the brave.

=> "The Boneyard" Northeast Airfield: The Searchlights are locked for now, since they cannot be used.

@ Revoplay

For my maps, you don't have to remove the castle or manually add traders. The trader NPCs and their market stalls are not changed. The castle in Klen also remains!

I guess the Klen screenshot is a bit confusing since the castle is not shown there. I will update these screenshots in the future.

@ Robinajax

Nothing of the original Epoch Map is removed or changed. The traders still stand in the exact same spot, the castle is simply not visible in my preview pictures. I will fix these in time :)