Getting banned because we destroyed a base

k00k00

So i was playing with my clan on 2 servers in the past 5 days and we got banned on both of them. Why? Because admin's are kiddos .

1st Server : http://krankenstation-altis.de/

I dont really have words to describe this server except from : admin power abuse .

Explanation: Admin team owns most bases on the server. Me and my clan (about 10 guys) raided a base, destroyed 2 jammers and we basically claimed the base as ours. 2 hours after we did that, a guy spawned inside the base and killed me but my friends took care of that. 5 minutes later the same guy spawned inside the base again (wtf?). We killed him again. 3 minutes later , the same guy spawned inside there again (we killed him again) and then the admin team (they use GBO as a clan tag) raided us and ofc they killed us all. Conclusion , they were teleporting that guy all the time inside the base. How do i know that? the guy that we killed 3 times in a row, spawned 3 times with ghillie and full gear. When we asked him how did he spawned inside the base 3 times in a row he said "magic" .

2nd Server : http://bruuudis.enjin.com/

they called an admin because we raided a base (we basically destroyed a 5 store base with a single car by mistake)

On this server we played just couple of hours and then we got banned. all 10 of us. We were exploring West side of altis (Panagia - Feres - Selakano) . On our way down there, we saw a chinook going back and forth and then we decided to hunt him down. As we tried to kill the pilot, he took off and we chased him until we saw his 5 store base. 2 friends of him got out of the base with a strider and tried to run us over but he didnt knew that we were 10 guys. We managed to destroy their wheels , one of them did a stupid thing and ejected out of the car but his driver friend ran him over but didnt killed him, i did. In short words we did managed to kill them all except the pilot. While the pilot was preparing to take off and pick his friends from the spawn point, my sniper friend blow up his brain inside the choppah with a beautiful single shot of a m107 (i love this gun, thank you Epoch devs). So, the entire enemy clan was eliminated and the base was unlocked so we marched inside. One of my friends wanted to destroy the car ( an ifrit ) so he shot it until the car went ka-boom and the entire base went down because of the explosion. 2 minutes later my entire clan including me got banned with a hilarious reason : Banned because of using a car as a bomb trap

GG

i'm sorry if this isn't the right topic to post this.

The only thing you can do is just post the servers that have admin abuse so people don'y play on them. No one can do anything about the abuse and you will just need to find a respectable server with good admins. If you are looking for a decent server, I would suggest starting with the official servers, found at http://epochmod.com/servers.php. Sadly, since the server files are released there will be abusive admins and all you can really do is tell other people so they can avoid the shitty servers too. 

Played on Krankenstation without issue, admin team seemed to me to be very proactive and fair. 

http://bruuudis.enjin.com/ never played there but two minutes on their forum found that using cars as explosives is against server rules. Perhaps you should read the rules before coming onto a forum and smearing a server, you admitted you destroyed a car deliberately inside a base. 

Then again I just got fucked over on the Oles server by the admin, teleports behind me kills me then says oh I was in Kavala and heard your shots (2KM away) and happened to appear right behind me 30 seconds after firing. 

first of all, calling someone "sheep" is rude. I dont need you or anyone else to slap my back and tell me "its okay buddy, this is a harsh world" . I didnt had a look at the rules because i had in mind some basic rules such as dont kill at safezone , inside a trader and stuffs like that but not using a car as a bomb to destroy a base thats something that i never saw anywhere. I know, rules are rules and anyone who owns a server tweaks them to his likes. What bothers me is that my entire clan got banned , not just the guy who blow up the car but all of us. Some of us were 4 or more kilometers away from the destroyed base. As for the krankenstation , you are lucky. We had a thing like a rival with the "admin team" so abusing their powers must have been their last solution.

Good for the Admins IMO.  No server needs a group of 10+ folks who are only there to bust shit up.

It's a community game.  Take your team, go make your own server, form your own community. Don't screw with other's play.  Don't QQ when you go to a server you have no attachment too in order to grief, and get punked by an admin :)

Enjoy the time you had griefing and move on..cause that's what you do.

If the things you said are supposed to be exactly as you said them, why are satchels - explosive charges - or the most important thing, why are buildings not indestructible? I really can't understand that. As i said on my first post "we accidentally blow up the base". The only thing we wanted to do is to destroy that ifrit. I never expected that a 5 store building will get destroyed by a single car. I've tried to blow up bases before and i never saw that kind of explosion destroying a base. Even my base didn't got destroyed when someone blow up my hunter.

If we aren't supposed to raid bases, what are we supposed to do? Isn't Epoch all about bases? Are we supposed to chase sheeps - rabbits and any other kind of animal? Please explain me what is Epoch about.

Good for the Admins IMO.  No server needs a group of 10+ folks who are only there to bust shit up.

It's a community game.  Take your team, go make your own server, form your own community. Don't screw with other's play.  Don't QQ when you go to a server you have no attachment too in order to grief, and get punked by an admin :)

Enjoy the time you had griefing and move on..cause that's what you do.

You'd think most servers would enjoy having clans on, to wage war upon. At least I would.

Me and my team also like to try and find bases that we can claim as ours, does that make us griefers, people who are only there to bust shit up? I don't think so. It's just a way of playing the game.

But I suppose there are people like you, who'd most likely enjoy a PvE server rather than PvP.

I'll get that bandits need to be on a server, that adds to the gameplay. But I been on servers that just been ravage by just one clan that has no attachment to the server, and thay are just there to "bust shit up" like someone said. Maybe it's not the best way to go "jump on a server and start base rading". And I don't get the whole "we wanted to destroy there ifrit". Base raiding is one thing and blowing shit up is something else. You and your clan are a part of the problem, as the admins in this case.

Like it was said before. It's a community game, and they admins has to look what best for there servers and communitys. And if that is not to have 10 bandits running around and destroing vehichles and bases thats up to them. And instead of going, we are a clan with x amount of people, we can take someone else base "because we are to lasy to find shit for are self". Build one on your own. On all servers (5) I am admin on we have standing rule. and thats it "If you behave like a Muppet you will be treated like a Muppet".

Just destroying bases is no fair gameplay IMO. The main thing in EPOCH is to survive and BUILD your own base, not to conquer other ones. Base raids means, that you can attack other players bases, if they are online and you know the server (AND IT'S RULES), and grab what you can, not destroy as much as you are able to destroy. That's very childish. Especially if the owners of a base are not online! If you want to destroy as much as you can, then play CoD or BF... I'm sick of this comment, but it's true. Many ppl spent hours, days or weeks to build a base and loot stuff. And then some idiots are comming at night and destroy everything. Raids against enemies are great fun, if it's fairplay. But just destroing things or try to invent a new "EPOCH capture the flag"-mode is not the spirit of this game...

It's very simple: Read the rules if you join a server!

Groups just jumping in on a server to raid and destroy bases I agree with is very wrong.

But destroying other bases I think def should be OK, if I have been having a base for weeks and then someone tries to setup close it must be OK to even it to the ground. Otherwise they are quickly geared up and back fighting at our base after death when attacking us.

Should be nothing wrong with claiming a territory and keeping hostiles bases at a certain distance.

In some examples the base owners has to take a hint that they are not welcome and move instead of wasting their resources.

But of course you should not tear down every base that you raid. It's a lot of work behind them and you want the servers populated and not have people quiting cause ther bases keep getting destroyed.

So its also a new bases builders responsibility to think through and check his surroundings before he starts to build.

@K00K00

I`m one of the Headadmin from Krankenstation-Altis.de

Read the Rules and play like the Rules. AND we can not Teleport or spawn something we have the adminpanel complete deaktivatet since server start! And when you have Problems come on the Teamspeak or stop whining.

So how it can be , when we are admin abusing, that we have enougth player on the server and rank every day up in the gametracker rating?  Come on the Server and check it out ,READ THE RULES and have fun for any questions TS3.Krankenstation-Altis.de

LOL this thread made me smile and then laugh really hard. I love how people are saying you should not have groups of players playing the game the way it is meant. Blowing bases up is wrong? Great idea!!! ......When the only way to see everyone get a chance at building would then be failing maintenance (assuming the people with the base would even let that happen)

I like private servers and seeing different rules and play styles. IMO however in such an early stage of development I think servers with higher populations should have reps tarnished publicly if it needs to happen (admin abuse, rere maximus rules, etc). Stops others from wasting time in those servers
(give more time back to the real stuff like bug testing instead of arguing with bad admins) might even inspire others to go ahead and start their own :). I would normally say QQ op start a server if you don't like the others out there, but not right now not with so little help and information and scripts to work with. Let alone we can't touch serverside pbo yet.

Another note, admins abusing is nothing new, and not surprising. Seeing admins try to defend this stuff with "we have the adminpanel complete deaktivatet" IUNNNNO about that.... I mean really? You host a server and admin it without any admin tools? Sure it can be done, plausible and effective? Fuck no, not a chance. I mean unless you don't give a shit about player problems or bugs and just ignore chat. I can imagine this "admin can you help me I am stuck in a wall and won't die", "SURE LET ME RUN 5KM to get there and then stare at your stuck body because I disabled admin tools XD"

FYI only official I have ever gone on since this all started is Mells house, good population, random hackers dropping mortars around the map, seen that a few times, NEVER EVER seen admin abuse or anything negative like this. I have blown up lots of crap to and I never got questioned or in trouble, so maybe try there OP.