blckeagls' AI Mission - Version 2.0.2 Release (1/2/2015)

blckeagls

From what I've read the SeaGull kick means there is too many AI and players will spawn in as seagulls if I allow that exception.. I've gone through A3EAI, SEM, Heli Supply drops and reduced all by at least half. Also commented out the startups for mission major/minor 2 in the init.sqf. Still getting the kick

I'm getting tons of errors in my RPT about this mission... Just updated to the most recent on github too. Otherwise no missions are showing up. Also having issues with admin menu not able to be accessed randomly until I die and respawn. I havent touched any files except adjusting the settings in AIconfigs.sqf and editing my init.sqf in the mission PBO.

0:16:34 Error in expression <2,7801,0]; 
blck_mapRange = 12000; 
if (blck_blacklistSpawns) then {
diag_log "S>
 0:16:34   Error position: <blck_blacklistSpawns) then {
diag_log "S>
 0:16:34   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_blacklistspawns
 0:16:40 "[blckeagls] Functions Loaded"
 0:16:40 "[blckeagls] >>--- Completed initialization"
 0:16:40 "[blckeagls] BLUE mission timer started"
 0:16:40 Error in expression <;
_max = _this select 1;
_wait = round(_min + (_max - _min));
_Tstart = diag_ti>
 0:16:40   Error position: <_min + (_max - _min));
_Tstart = diag_ti>
 0:16:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: _min
 0:16:40 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\AIfunctions.sqf, line 69
 0:16:40 Error in expression < = [];};

while {true} do {
waitUntil {[blck_TMin_Minor, blck_TMax_Minor] call b>
 0:16:40   Error position: <blck_TMin_Minor, blck_TMax_Minor] call b>
 0:16:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_tmin_minor
 0:16:40 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Minor\minorTimer.sqf, line 14
 0:16:40 "[blckeagls] GREEN mission timer started"
_max = _this select 1;
_Tstart = diag_ti>
_Tstart = diag_ti>
 0:16:40 Error in expression <["SM1"];

while {true} do {
waitUntil {[blck_TMin_Major2, blck_TMax_Major2] call>
 0:16:40   Error position: <blck_TMin_Major2, blck_TMax_Major2] call>
 0:16:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_tmin_major2
 0:16:40 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Major2\major2Timer.sqf, line 15
 0:16:40 "[blckeagls] RED mission timer started"
_max = _this select 1;
_Tstart = diag_ti>
_Tstart = diag_ti>
 0:16:40 Error in expression <["SM1"];

while {true} do {
waitUntil {[blck_TMin_Minor2, blck_TMax_Minor2] call>
 0:16:40   Error position: <blck_TMin_Minor2, blck_TMax_Minor2] call>
 0:16:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_tmin_minor2
 0:16:40 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Minor2\minor2Timer.sqf, line 14
 0:16:40 "[blckeagls] Orange mission timer started"
_max = _this select 1;
_Tstart = diag_ti>
_Tstart = diag_ti>
 0:16:40 Error in expression <"SM1"];

while {true} do {

waitUntil {[blck_TMin_Major, blck_TMax_Major] call b>
 0:16:40   Error position: <blck_TMin_Major, blck_TMax_Major] call b>
 0:16:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_tmin_major
 0:16:40 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Major\majorTimer.sqf, line 18
 0:16:40 "[blckeagls] Loading Configuration Overides"
 0:16:40 "[DBD Clan] --- >>> Loading config overides for Altis"
 0:16:40 Error in expression <h_Minor2 = 1;

blck_locationBlackList = blck_locationBlackList + [[[10846,10672,>
 0:16:40   Error position: <blck_locationBlackList + [[[10846,10672,>
 0:16:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_locationblacklist
 0:16:40 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\configOverrides.sqf, line 33
 0:16:46 Error in expression <til{sleep 5;(diag_tickTime - _Tstart) > _wait;};
true
};

blck_AICleanup = {
p>
 0:16:46   Error position: <_wait;};
true
};

blck_AICleanup = {
p>
 0:16:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: _wait
 0:16:46 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\AIfunctions.sqf, line 71
true
};

blck_AICleanup = {
p>
true
};

blck_AICleanup = {
p>
true
};

blck_AICleanup = {
p>
true
};

blck_AICleanup = {
p>
true
};

blck_AICleanup = {
p>
true
};

blck_AICleanup = {
p>

Just a few of the things popping up.

It was my mistake. I had a misplaced comma in the AIConfig. Everything seems to be working pretty good. These missions are pretty brutal lol. Is there a way to make uniforms lootable from dead AI? Currently unable to take uniforms from dead AI. Also, the reason why the AI with launchers dont use them I think is because they don't spawn with any ammo. Going to try this in blck_launcherTypes

blck_launcherTypes = ["launch_NLAW_F","NLAW_F"],["launch_RPG32_F","RPG32_HE_F"]

But in order for them to spawn with ammo they also need to be equipped with Carryall bags. Not sure how to make that work.

Great job BTW. I'm really liking these missions!

It was my mistake. I had a misplaced comma in the AIConfig. Everything seems to be working pretty good. These missions are pretty brutal lol. Is there a way to make uniforms lootable from dead AI? Currently unable to take uniforms from dead AI. Also, the reason why the AI with launchers dont use them I think is because they don't spawn with any ammo. Going to try this in blck_launcherTypes

blck_launcherTypes = ["launch_NLAW_F","NLAW_F"],["launch_RPG32_F","RPG32_HE_F"]

But in order for them to spawn with ammo they also need to be equipped with Carryall bags. Not sure how to make that work.

Great job BTW. I'm really liking these missions!

Fitting AI with standard Epoch uniforms I believe will make those uniforms accessible to players.

I never did sort out the issue with launchers. If it is simple as equiping a carryall bag that is terrific. It could be removed at the time the AI is killed if desired.

Also, thank you for the kind words.

As far as the comma, we have all been there. I knew right away what the issue was having seen it myself more than once or twice.

I recommend careful version control, meaning make a backup after each round of changes, and change only a few things each time.  Use a text editor that checks syntax like notepad++ with one of the language plugins from amaholic for sqf.

No problem man. This is one of my favorite AI scripts right now. Editing then testing the missions is pretty fun. Lots of potential with this..

Yea I use Notepad++ with the AH SQF plugin and I keep backups on my server and my PC when I change things around. It has saved my butt a few times.

So I know very little about scripting but I can pick things apart pretty decently sometimes.. I was just messing around with the files and came up with this for the launchers and would like your professional opinion..

In AIconfigs I created a backpack section like this...

blck_backpack = [
"B_Carryall_ocamo","B_Carryall_oucamo","B_Carryall_mcamo","B_Carryall_oli","B_Carryall_khk","B_Carryall_cbr"

];

Then in spawnUnit.sqf I did this..

// Add a Backpack for storage
_backpack = blck_backpack call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_ai1 addBackpack _backpack;

...and this

if (_Launcher != "none") then
{
_ai1 addWeaponGlobal _Launcher;
_launcherRound = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _Launcher >> "magazines") select 0;
//diag_log format["[spawnUnit.sqf] Launcher round is %1",_launcherRound];
for "_i" from 2 to 3 do <-------------------changed from 1 to 4 - 2 to 3
{
//diag_log format["[spawnUnit.saf] Adding Launcher Round %1 ",_launcherRound];
_ai1 addItemToBackpack _launcherRound;  <-----------------changed from addItemToVest to addItemToBackpack because you cant put rockets in a vest
};
_ai1 selectWeapon (secondaryWeapon _ai1);
};

and added "_backpack" to the private [] thing at the top.

I'm about to test it out on my server but wanted to get your input on that. I also noticed that not all the vehicles I select to spawn are spawning in. This is how my code looks...

blck_AI_Vehicles = ["I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_CRV_F","I_APC_tracked_03_cannon_F"]; // Type of vehicle spawned to defend AI bases

but only the Armed Offroad spawns in. I have the Orange and Green missions set to 3 vehicles and the offroad spawns in 3 times. I also wish there was a way to edit which static turrets and vehicles get used in which mission instead of it being randomly generated. I have some missions set to a higher difficulty with a higher payout and would like them to be harder to finish for players using tanks/choppers/etc and some with lower payouts for noobs. If the launcher issue gets fixed its not that big a deal. Thanks again!

Also found this in spawnVehicle.sqf and might be related to why it only spawns Offroads..

_veh = createVehicle["I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", _safepos, [], 0, "NONE"];

Taken from this..

// Spawn the vehicle
_vehType = [blck_AI_Vehicles] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; <-----remove brackets around blck_AI_Vehicles?
//diag_log format["spawnVehicle.sqf: _vehType is %1",_vehType];
_safepos = [_newpos,0,25,0,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
_veh = createVehicle["I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", _safepos, [], 0, "NONE"]; <------ This one
_veh setVariable["LAST_CHECK",14400];
_veh addEventHandler ["GetOut",{}];
_veh addEventHandler ["GetIn",{  // forces player to be ejected if he/she tries to enter the vehicle
private ["_theUnit"];
_theUnit = _this select 2;
_theUnit action ["Eject", vehicle _theUnit];
}];

EDIT: Now I think I am mistaken about being able to have multiple classes of vehicles... But it looks like no matter what vehicle class I put in the AIconfig.sqf it will spawn an offroad..

EDIT2 - it looks like this would spawn at least something from the list in AIconfig. Sorry if I'm rambling lol. I'm pretty into this right now. 

_veh = createVehicle["_vehType", _safepos, [], 0, "NONE"];

IT WORKS! The launchers that is.. I have confirmed the backpacks are getting on the AI and the backpacks are getting extra rockets in them. Just got shot down in a heli flying over a green zone. Also checked dead AI and there were rockets in the Carryall!  Only downside is every AI has a carryall now but thats not much a downside to me lol. 

My vehicles part I tried above is preventing any vehicles from spawning in at all. Tried to compare it to spawnEmplaced.sqf because I thought they would be similar, which they are, mostly, but none of the vehicles are spawning like the emplacements are. 

IT WORKS! The launchers that is.. I have confirmed the backpacks are getting on the AI and the backpacks are getting extra rockets in them. Just got shot down in a heli flying over a green zone. Also checked dead AI and there were rockets in the Carryall!  Only downside is every AI has a carryall now but thats not much a downside to me lol. 

My vehicles part I tried above is preventing any vehicles from spawning in at all. Tried to compare it to spawnEmplaced.sqf because I thought they would be similar, which they are, mostly, but none of the vehicles are spawning like the emplacements are. 

Thanks for the info about the launchers. I will include this fix in the next update.

As to vehicles, I noticed that and patched it for the next update.

There was a request to allow one to customize the vehicle (static, armed etc) spawned at missions. That is quite possible and fits with the general approach I was taking to allow more easily and broadly configured missions. I will code it this weekend. I hope to have build 3.5 out early next week.

Cheers -

Ghost

Thanks for the info about the launchers. I will include this fix in the next update.

As to vehicles, I noticed that and patched it for the next update.

There was a request to allow one to customize the vehicle (static, armed etc) spawned at missions. That is quite possible and fits with the general approach I was taking to allow more easily and broadly configured missions. I will code it this weekend. I hope to have build 3.5 out early next week.

Cheers -

Ghost

Awesome! Glad I could help and definitely looking forward to the next release!

hey,man.can you tell where to add these?

!="execVM "debug\addmarkers.sqf"; !="execVM "debug\addmarkers2.sqf";" !="execVM "debug\addmarkers75.sqf";" !="execVM "debug\addmarkers752.sqf"; !="execVM "start_black.sqf";" !="ExecVM "\q\addons\custom_server\init.sqf";"

my scripts.txt like these

line 20 7 addWeaponCargo

line 21 7 onMapSingleClick

line 22 7 addMagazine

line 23 7 addMagazineCargo.

can not find 7 exec in my scripts.txt.

If you updated to 0310 there isn't a 7 exec line in scripts.txt anymore. That line, 7 exec, told BE to kick & log for instances of keyword "exec" and everything we put after was an exec exemption. It should not be needed to add exec exceptions anymore if BE is no longer kicking for exec keywords   ;)

• 3 months later...

Good afternoon. Excuse for my bad English. Whether it is possible to make, that in at one time appeared more than four missions? Thanks.

@Boris62. Sure, it is possible with a little scripting. We have a total of 7 missions, one of which has three parallel instances, running on our servers at this time. The simplest way to do this is to clone a particular mission, such as the blue/minor ones, and create new global variables as needed for things like position of the mission and the MissionGo variables. I do suggest that you use the updated version I have posted in a separate thread but this should not be essential. The update contains bugfixes and new functions (think armed vehicles, mines, etc).

• 3 weeks later...

I did notice some funny behavior with a modified version we run on our servers so to look into the issue further I just loaded the version on the Github on a test server. The only change I made to the settings was to switch debug mode on in the AIFunctions.sqf. I saw all 4 map markers both on when missions initially spawned and after logging off and rejoining the server.

So, have you double-checked that you included everything needed in the mission.pbo?

I checked. I Added it to my Hive Addons and added it to my MP Mission Altis.Pbo addons. I also put the Init in there. I don't understand why the markers aren't showing tho :/ ... they used to show before this update. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I got the Blck file also running.. Am I the only one having this issue?

6 hours ago, Dalty said:

I checked. I Added it to my Hive Addons and added it to my MP Mission Altis.Pbo addons. I also put the Init in there. I don't understand why the markers aren't showing tho :/ ... they used to show before this update. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I got the Blck file also running.. Am I the only one having this issue?

You should not have to make any changes to custom_server.pbo, which should be in your @epochhive\addons folder. If you like you can send your epoch.Altis.pbo via dropbox and I will take a look.

My server was missing the markers the other day. It was because I had put the missions in another folder though rather than in the root of the mission.pbo.

Ghost - one thing which might be good going forward (which we did on one of our servers), is to colour the missions differently. We changed them to that they were in colour order (red is the hardest, then orange, green blue). It makes more sense to have the hardest one as Red, as red means danger ;-)

14 hours ago, dnk_paul said:

My server was missing the markers the other day. It was because I had put the missions in another folder though rather than in the root of the mission.pbo.

Ghost - one thing which might be good going forward (which we did on one of our servers), is to colour the missions differently. We changed them to that they were in colour order (red is the hardest, then orange, green blue). It makes more sense to have the hardest one as Red, as red means danger ;-)

@dnk_paul, it is funny how history and tradition shape things. We ran DZMS (a Vampire script) for a year or so on our A2 Dayz Epoch servers, after I had modified it to run 4 rather than 2 missions, blue, red, green and black. When blckeagls released his system for A3, I just took the tradition we has started in A2 and built on it, including the current system of difficulty. The A2 version had some things I never got around to putting in A3 and vice versa.  In any event, it is easy enough to change mission difficulty to suit your tastes, and to have red the most difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, got shitrain of errors, can y help me?

Spoiler

18:27:15 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\AIfunctions.sqf, line 103

18:27:15 Error in expression <til{sleep 5;(diag_tickTime - _Tstart) > _wait;};true};

------------------------

Spoiler

18:21:05 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\AIconfigs.sqf, line 341
18:21:05 Error in expression <0],
["10Rnd_93x64_DMR_05_Mag",5,10],            
],            
[  
["optic_SOS",1,2],["optic_LRPS>
18:21:05   Error position: <],            
[  
["optic_SOS",1,2],["optic_LRPS>
18:21:05   Error Missing [
18:21:05 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\AIconfigs.sqf, line 341
18:21:06 Speaker Male01_F not found in CfgVoiceTypes
18:21:10 Error in expression <2,7801,0];
blck_mapRange = 12000;
if (blck_blacklistSpawns) then {
diag_log "S>
18:21:10   Error position: <blck_blacklistSpawns) then {
diag_log "S>
18:21:10   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_blacklistspawns
18:21:10 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\findWorld.sqf, line 16
18:21:10 "[blckeagls]: Worldname is altis. Map Specific Settings Defined"
18:21:20 "[blckeagls] >>--- Completed initialization"
18:21:20 "[blckeagls] Loading Configuration Overides"
18:21:20 "[DBD Clan] --- >>> Loading config overides for Altis"
18:21:20 Error in expression <s") then
{  

blck_locationBlackList = blck_locationBlackList + [[[10846,10672,>
18:21:20   Error position: <blck_locationBlackList + [[[10846,10672,>
18:21:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_locationblacklist
18:21:20 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\configOverrides.sqf, line 23
18:21:20 "[blckeagls] BLUE mission timer started"
18:21:20 Error in expression <;
_max = _this select 1;    
_Tstart = diag_ti>
18:21:20   Error position: <_min + (_max - _min));
_Tstart = diag_ti>
18:21:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: _min
18:21:20 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\AIfunctions.sqf, line 101
18:21:20 Error in expression < = [];};

while {true} do {
waitUntil {[blck_TMin_Minor, blck_TMax_Minor] call b>
18:21:20   Error position: <blck_TMin_Minor, blck_TMax_Minor] call b>
18:21:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_tmin_minor
18:21:20 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Minor\minorTimer.sqf, line 15
18:21:20 "[blckeagls] GREEN mission timer started"
_max = _this select 1;    
_Tstart = diag_ti>
_Tstart = diag_ti>
18:21:20 Error in expression <["SM1"];

while {true} do {
waitUntil {[blck_TMin_Major2, blck_TMax_Major2] call>
18:21:20   Error position: <blck_TMin_Major2, blck_TMax_Major2] call>
18:21:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_tmin_major2
18:21:20 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Major2\major2Timer.sqf, line 16
18:21:20 "[blckeagls] RED mission timer started"
_max = _this select 1;    
_Tstart = diag_ti>
_Tstart = diag_ti>
18:21:20 Error in expression <["SM1"];

while {true} do {
waitUntil {[blck_TMin_Minor2, blck_TMax_Minor2] call>
18:21:20   Error position: <blck_TMin_Minor2, blck_TMax_Minor2] call>
18:21:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_tmin_minor2
18:21:20 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Minor2\minor2Timer.sqf, line 15
18:21:20 "[blckeagls] Orange mission timer started"
_max = _this select 1;    
_Tstart = diag_ti>
_Tstart = diag_ti>
18:21:20 Error in expression <"SM1"];

while {true} do {

waitUntil {[blck_TMin_Major, blck_TMax_Major] call b>
18:21:20   Error position: <blck_TMin_Major, blck_TMax_Major] call b>
18:21:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: blck_tmin_major
18:21:20 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Major\majorTimer.sqf, line 19
18:21:25 Error in expression <til{sleep 5;(diag_tickTime - _Tstart) > _wait;};
true
};

------------------------

Spoiler

18:25:53   Error Undefined variable in expression: _wait
18:25:53 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\AIfunctions.sqf, line 103
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.ItemWatch'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: Error: creating magazine ItemWatch with scope=private
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.displayNameShort'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.count'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.maxLeadSpeed'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.initSpeed'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.reloadAction'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.modelSpecial'.
18:25:54 Warning Message: No entry '.ammo'.
18:25:55 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.optic_Yorris'.
18:25:55 Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
18:25:55 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
18:25:55 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
18:25:55 Warning Message: Error: creating magazine optic_Yorris with scope=private
18:25:55 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
18:25:55 Warning Message: No entry '.displayNameShort'.
18:25:55 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
18:25:55 Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
18:25:55 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
18:25:55 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
18:25:55 Warning Message: No entry '.count'.
18:25:55 Warning Message: No entry '.maxLeadSpeed'.

missions doesnt spawn also,

my statusBar doesnt working after added this script,

what happens? :D

I only chanced the lines in config and aiconfig to spawn tanks, no offroads

and the loot from boxes...