blckeagls' AI Mission - Version 2.0.2 Release (1/2/2015)

blckeagls

The vehicles are your standerd hunter of ifruit with hmg but we have a rule no vehicles inside the mission zone till AI are dead. We do have some players using heavy armoured vehicles and these are the ones who are owning the missions I need these RPGs or something to counter them

Updated to build 3.3 today.

Download the latest build from the github at:

https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagls-mission-system-v-2.0.2-updated/tree/Build-3.3

Build 3.3
    Added: spawn mines in the vicinity of missions (blck_useMines = true; line 24, AIConfigs.sqf)
    Added: Checks to prevent missions from spawning at water's edge or with 1000 meter of a town.
    Added:  when blck_RunGear = true, AI are stripped of gear when run over or killed by a vehicle's gun, and damage is applied to the vehicle, to make up for the fact that AI can not be forced to shoot vehicles at present (line 23 of AIConfig.sqf)
    Added: several optional disincentives to running over or gunning down AI from vehicles
        blck_VG_Gear = true; // When set to true, AI that have been killed by a gun on  a vehicle will be stripped of gear and the vehicle will be given blck_RunGearDamage of damage
        blck_VK_GunnerDamage = true;  // When true vehicles are damaged if they are in blck_forbidenVehicles like armed Hunters, armed Striders, etc.

Changed: unused code removed
    Changed: variable that sets the time delay to cleanup of ai corpses to blck_bodyCleanUpTimer (line 46 of AIConfigs.sqf)
    Change: rather than spawing a cleanup routine to delete AI bodies, they are marked for cleanup by the default Epoch cleanup engine.
    Changed: variables in AIConfig.sqf are grouped by function and more documentation was added.
    Changes: other code updates and optimizations.
    Fixed: Bodies of dead AI were sometimes being deleted too early.

Build 3.4 will feature:

A revised and simpler method for displaying map markers that will include an option to put text by the marker

A more structured and appealing hint when missions are spawned or completed.

hi

i get kicked for this

08:50:54 PM | Script Log: #0 [G3N] DEADPOOL (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) - #13 " setParticleClass "ObjectDestructionSmokeSmallx";
_source02 attachto [_object,[0,0,0]];

_source05 = "#particlesource" createVeh"
08:50:54 PM | Player #0 [G3N] DEADPOOL (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) has been kicked by BattlEye: Script Restriction #13

can some1 help i c some1 did also comment about this but no fix!!!!!!!

hi

i get kicked for this

08:50:54 PM | Script Log: #0 [G3N] DEADPOOL (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) - #13 " setParticleClass "ObjectDestructionSmokeSmallx";
_source02 attachto [_object,[0,0,0]];

_source05 = "#particlesource" createVeh"
08:50:54 PM | Player #0 [G3N] DEADPOOL (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) has been kicked by BattlEye: Script Restriction #13

can some1 help i c some1 did also comment about this but no fix!!!!!!!

I do not believe that is due to the mission system. Have you added any non-epoch vehicles ? We see a bunch of odd script errors when we add ifrits and other Arma vehicles with smoke which require additional BE filters. In any even, if you look around line 13-15 in scripts.txt for a line that begins 7 attachto and add the following to the end of that line you should be all set.

!="_source02 attachto [_object,[0,0,0]];"

Ghost I don't know if this is been asked and the thread is way to be to read. Why did you take out the vehicles? I am using Blacks old Version with the vehicles and I love it. Also solves the issue of people running over the AI as you can put in Vehicles that can move about not to mention you can give the AI the upper hand with APC or Tanks.

I removed them because they cause glitches of various kinds. I have put in quite a few new tweaks to penalize players who run over AI in the latest build inclinding mines and a feature that damages the players vehicle each time an AI is run over. Each to his own on this one. If you are running a militarized server then giving AI tanks and such makes a lot of sense. If you run a more classical Epoch style server I don't see the need for such things but each to his own. Eventually, it might be fun to add back a more sorted module for spawning vehicle patrols at the missions. I will put that on the to do list. It may be a while though as work is quite busy at the moment.

Honestly I don't give the AI tanks because the server is militarized, but rather for the difficulty level it creates. I tried the missions as you have them now. Pretty much can snipe them from 600-800m out in about 5-10 from time of engagement. By adding something that is on the move as fast as a vehicle you up the ante. If you see a BTR coming at you and you only have that sniper rifle.....you are in trouble. Now you have to run and rethink you approach. Currently I set this up for me as I have no population. I will say this mines around the mission does make it a little easier. I have been taken out by them on the Wicked AI after all the AI were dead. Just because I forgot all about them, sadly this has happened more than once. LMAO. In the end I am trying to help with some ideas to better the mission system you chose to take over. Being I have a small to no population server if you find yourself in need of somewhere to test let me know. I would be happy to help.

Dawg,

Thanks both for the feedback and suggestions. Your post got me thinking about what would be needed to add  a more robust module to spawn in the vehicle of your choice. I do not think this would take much additional coding. I will put this addon at the top of the list for the next development cycle. I am happy to add you to the list of server admins I give the pre-release to for testing.

Cheers

Ghost

@Slacker101,

I have been looking for an answer to this problem for a while. It stems from the method used to make the wrecks smoke which involves attaching a type of particle effects call "" to the wreck. The current version does try to delete this but unsuccessfully. this morning I saw an alternative approach which I will try when I have a chance.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165184-Delete-Fire-Effect/page2

Best,

Ghost

Hi we have been getting this upon completing th eorange mission , any idea or advise please.

Mods: @EpochHive
Extensions:
epochserver (C:\TCAFiles\Users\simonr\268\@EpochHive\epochserver.dll) [] []
Distribution: 0
Version 1.46.131127
Fault time: 2015/06/22 11:50:55
Fault address:  76F1E41B 01:0001E41B C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
file:     epoch (__cur_mp)
world:    Altis
Prev. code bytes: C1 EA 10 0B DF 0B C8 8B 06 C7 45 F8 01 00 00 00
Fault code bytes: 89 30 8B 45 E0 8B 55 E4 8D 7E 08 F0 0F C7 0F 3B
Registers:
EAX:00000000 EBX:449A0001
ECX:00000F1B EDX:00000000
ESI:52EBA19A EDI:449A0000
CS:EIP:0023:76F1E41B
SS:ESP:002B:01D6F2F4  EBP:01D6F328
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00210206

It only ever happens with this script, narrowed it down by removing scripts one at a time,  but I will say that we have been using it since we setup the server with no issues at all, but the last week or so, we have been getting the crashes and always the same as above in the report, when i remove the script, no crashes, really strange as like i said no issues before.

Should also say - removed the script, downloaded again and made no changes as a test - still crashed tho.

I host a server from Swiftnode, have given them the report also, they suggested sending report to epoch devs.

Using latest Epoch Build 9

Scripts I use, halve spawn, a3ai (now removed) SEM, ATM at traders, Heli supply drop, Blackmarket Trader and a few other minor ones.

hope someone can help.

Simon

Edited by simon1603

Hi just wondered if someone could help me I have added this mission it all works great I get the creat and AI spawn but I get no camp like the camo netting or sand bunkers that I have seen on other servers if someone could point me in the right place I would be really happy thanks for your time :)

Hi we have been getting this upon completing th eorange mission , any idea or advise please.

Mods: @EpochHive

Extensions:

epochserver (C:\TCAFiles\Users\simonr\268\@EpochHive\epochserver.dll) [] []

Distribution: 0

Version 1.46.131127

Fault time: 2015/06/22 11:50:55

Fault address:  76F1E41B 01:0001E41B C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

file:     epoch (__cur_mp)

world:    Altis

Prev. code bytes: C1 EA 10 0B DF 0B C8 8B 06 C7 45 F8 01 00 00 00

Fault code bytes: 89 30 8B 45 E0 8B 55 E4 8D 7E 08 F0 0F C7 0F 3B

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:449A0001

ECX:00000F1B EDX:00000000

ESI:52EBA19A EDI:449A0000

CS:EIP:0023:76F1E41B

SS:ESP:002B:01D6F2F4  EBP:01D6F328

DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B

Flags:00210206

It only ever happens with this script, narrowed it down by removing scripts one at a time,  but I will say that we have been using it since we setup the server with no issues at all, but the last week or so, we have been getting the crashes and always the same as above in the report, when i remove the script, no crashes, really strange as like i said no issues before.

Should also say - removed the script, downloaded again and made no changes as a test - still crashed tho.

I host a server from Swiftnode, have given them the report also, they suggested sending report to epoch devs.

Using latest Epoch Build 9

Scripts I use, halve spawn, a3ai (now removed) SEM, ATM at traders, Heli supply drop, Blackmarket Trader and a few other minor ones.

hope someone can help.

Simon

I have not seen that on our servers. We run SEM, ATM at traders, Helicrash, and a modification of Darth_Rogues loot crate script. I am honestly not sure what is causing this crash. Have you added camps to the mission system ?

Hi just wondered if someone could help me I have added this mission it all works great I get the creat and AI spawn but I get no camp like the camo netting or sand bunkers that I have seen on other servers if someone could point me in the right place I would be really happy thanks for your time :)

We have those in our development version but have not released this to the public. You can lay out something in the map editor, grab the item list and offsets with objectgrabber, and plug these directly into the mission system.

I have not seen that on our servers. We run SEM, ATM at traders, Helicrash, and a modification of Darth_Rogues loot crate script. I am honestly not sure what is causing this crash. Have you added camps to the mission system ?

Hi, not havent made any changes, however after some further testing and time, i must apologise as it it not just this 1 script that is causing the issue, it appeared to be, but then the error occured again after a few days, i have sent the error report to the epoch devs, hopefully they may be able to shed some light on the issue.

Just strange how we had zero problems then suddenly this same error many times.

regards

Simon

P.S. I removed yours and A3AI scripts, and the error takes a lot longer to occur, perhaps its a memory issue, i rent a server (not dedi) from swiftnode. They have been unable to locate a problem tho.

Hi, not havent made any changes, however after some further testing and time, i must apologise as it it not just this 1 script that is causing the issue, it appeared to be, but then the error occured again after a few days, i have sent the error report to the epoch devs, hopefully they may be able to shed some light on the issue.

Just strange how we had zero problems then suddenly this same error many times.

regards

Simon

P.S. I removed yours and A3AI scripts, and the error takes a lot longer to occur, perhaps its a memory issue, i rent a server (not dedi) from swiftnode. They have been unable to locate a problem tho.

Make sure you are running build 9 of epoch, which had a fix for some of these memory crashes.

Hi, thx for the reply, I am still waiting for a reply from the devs about it, we are already running build 9 unfortunately, I am thinking more and more about doing a reinstall, but I was hoping 0.3.0.4 would release.

simon

I know they are working hard on 0.3.0.4 Which Anitihack are you running ? If it is Infistar are you running the latest version ? We still use the stock AH.

Updates:

Build 3.4 has been uploaded to the Github.

https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagls-mission-system-v-2.0.2-updated

Changes:
    Added Configuration information for Esseker
    Added an option to spawn AI vehicles around the mission. By default these are armed pickups but other vehicles can be used by changing the vehicle types in blck_AI_Vehicles on line 38 of AIConfigs.sqf. If you spawn them i suggest you turn off spawning of mines.
    Changed: positioning of static weapons and smoking wrecks was adjusted outward a bit.

**Known Issues: The smoking object is not deleted upon mission completion
            AI Drivers sometimes run over the AI at missions.

To Do list: (later this summer most likely)
    Add paratroops as reinforcement as an option.
    Add a map marker that shows the location of completed missions.

I know they are working hard on 0.3.0.4 Which Anitihack are you running ? If it is Infistar are you running the latest version ? We still use the stock AH.

Hi, We were running the stock AH, changed to Infis a couple off weeks  after the crashes started to happen, and yes its the latest version.

simon

Hi, Please HELP!!

i have set up the Mission so, that the armed vehicles get hurt if they fire on AIs, see code below.

But no Damage to Player-Vehicles.

Only runover-damage works.

What am i doing wrong??? :blink:

blck_RunGear = true;	// When set to true, AI that have been run over will be stripped of gear, and the vehicle will be given blck_RunGearDamage of damage.
	blck_RunGearDamage = 0.3;
	blck_VG_Gear = false; // When set to true, AI that have been killed by a gun on  a vehicle will be stripped of gear and the vehicle will be given blck_RunGearDamage of damage
	blck_VK_RunoverDamage = true; // when the AI was run over blck_RunGearDamage of damage will be applied to the killer's vehicle.
	blck_VK_GunnerDamage = true; // when the AI was killed by a gunner on a vehicle that is is in the list of forbidden vehicles, blck_RunGearDamage of damage will be applied to the killer's vehicle each time an AI is killed with a vehicle's gun.
	blck_useMines = true;   // when true mines are spawned around the mission area. these are cleaned up when a player reaches the crate.
	blck_forbidenVehicles = ["B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","I_MRAP_03_hmg_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_CRV_F"];
	//["B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F"]; // Add any vehicles for which you wish to forbid vehicle kills, or set this = ["LandVehicles"]; to penalize for all AI kills using guns on vehicles

Hey,

I've updated the version which I'm running today from build 3.0 up to build 3.4, and I'm getting 2 lots of messages appear for each mission. One is saying A bandit medical camp was spotted, check the Colour marker for more details etc etc, and the other saying that Bandits were seen at the Colour marker.

Is that correct, Or have I duplicated something somewhere?

Also, the main init.sqf file calls this:
// BlckEagls Missions

execVM "start_blck.sqf";
if (isServer) then {
[] ExecVM "\q\addons\custom_server\init.sqf";
};

Then the start_blck.sqf starts with:
if (isServer) then {

[] ExecVM "\q\addons\custom_server\init.sqf";
};

Which is calling the same init.sqf in both files. Is that correct?

Paul