Server dont use the config.cfg

Capt-Hero

Question

Hi guys ,

I am new ! I come from Germany and this is my first server !!!

After Hours of installation ! I made it ! My Server worked ! my problem is now that the server dont use my config.cfg ! i checked the path to config file ! Its right! I need ur help!

If i look in my client i see my server but it use his pc-name not the server name that i want !

if u need something a screenshot or something else just say!

if anybody can help me ! contact me here or in my ts3 : 62.104.20.94:10132

thanks guys and greetz from Germany^^

10 answers to this question

what are the launch parameters for your server?

like:

start "arma3" "arma3server.exe"  -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config=SC\config.cfg  -port=2302 

yes, have been through the threads in the forum that tell how to fix and its not working

here it is.

@echo off

start "arma3" "arma3server.exe" -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\SC\config.cfg" -profiles=SC -cfg="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\SC\basic.cfg" -name=SC -malloc=system

Please note that in Arma 3 the path to your server config and basic config cannot have any spaces in any of the folder path names.  Make sure you put them someplace where the path name has no spaces and define that same location in your server's startup line and you'll be golden.  

Might sound stupid, but the reason I always put the MODS at the END is the semicolon :

start "arma3" "arma3server.exe" -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config

I suspect arma to try and lod -config as mod since you end your -mod line with a ";".

Try :

start "arma3" "arma3server.exe" -config="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\SC\config.cfg" -profiles=SC -cfg="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\SC\basic.cfg" -name=SC -malloc=system -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;

Might sound stupid, but the reason I always put the MODS at the END is the semicolon :

start "arma3" "arma3server.exe" -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config

I suspect arma to try and lod -config as mod since you end your -mod line with a ";".

Try :

start "arma3" "arma3server.exe" -config="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\SC\config.cfg" -profiles=SC -cfg="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\SC\basic.cfg" -name=SC -malloc=system -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;

Thx Nedfox, but its workin like a champ now with what was posted earlier.