about Mellyshouse

Matijs

Well not really hes building the game. 

+ Someone needs to test the game before its released to everyone

Problem is that he is not building the game

Are you saying that its not fair that Development Servers have the latest codebase?  :huh:  :blink:

No, sure they can, just wanted to hear some opinions.

like when rhino crunch went on there passworded server geared up then switched servers so he could have an advantage over others lol.

Rhino has came downhill a lot since he started. Around the time 7 Days to Die was released, I couldn't take it anymore and unsubbed.

I'm still unpleasantly surprised when I come across a video of his.

Mells House servers are not hived. 

If anything, with all the bugs, it hurts our servers. Yes we are the ones that run the patch in order to make sure that it's near perfect when the patch is released, but the reason i say hurt is because:

If a person joins Mells House during patch test (RC build) for the first time, see the bugs and errors, that person now has the conception that Mells House servers are buggy. Not always a good thing. Luckily there are people out there that understand that it's testing the patch before release and can understand the bugs, thus making the conception non existent. 

What about the fact that the admins on one of the admins server gets admin on this forum?

If you are talking about me, it was completely not my decision. I've been around Epoch for a while (much like others) I've tried my hardest to push out this mod and get it noticed. If there is a problem with me being admin anywhere, please put in a complaint.

Both of my admin privlidges came to me by complete surprised and I am happy to offer a hand in the Epoch development any way I can.

damn you mean that the devs that make the game, get to put out an update on their server before anyone else to test it for bugs and such so its a smoother experience for everyone else and the other server owners?

how dare they.

they fix bugs and such during this testing, and imagine after every bug they fix they had to give server owners an updated file. then there would be the ones who didnt get the newest of 50 server files pushed out complaining about it being broken.

Is the patch not tested on a private test server prior to it being released for use at Mells?

Obviously their devs will get sorted before you guys do.

edited typos; sorry, i put smells instead of mells. Appologies

There is always going to be things you cant find when testing on an empty server vs testing on a heavily populated server with lots of existing structure, data and so on. 

I will imagine that once it passes initial testing on a local dev server, it will be promoted to release candidate build and be pushed to Mells and other designated official dev servers for population testing and stress testing. Anything happening at that stage will see problems only on one server and wont affect all current 0.2.5.1 servers out there. :)  

There is always going to be things you cant find when testing on an empty server vs testing on a heavily populated server with lots of existing structure, data and so on. 

I will imagine that once it passes initial testing on a local dev server, it will be promoted to release candidate build and be pushed to Mells and other designated official dev servers for population testing and stress testing. Anything happening at that stage will see problems only on one server and wont affect all current 0.2.5.1 servers out there. :)

I agree, but this is an alpha release, server owners realise this. Why limit you pool of testers to a handful of servers and not give the rest the choice to test.  Que the generic response "we want relaible testing done and reliable reports"  It gets old, and i expect it to be used shortly after this post.

Entitlement is the disease of this century.

Epoch devs create something and some spoilt fuckwits who want it now suddenly try to argue that they're entitled to it; because!

Sincerely, fuck off. 

You are the only one using that kind of words, you are not getting any cooler, I was just asking for opinions, nobody needs to "fuck off"

I agree, but this is an alpha release, server owners realise this. Why limit you pool of testers to a handful of servers and not give the rest the choice to test.  Que the generic response "we want relaible testing done and reliable reports"  It gets old, and i expect it to be used shortly after this post.

it gets old....lol because its true and you cant comprehend it, so we keep having to remind you

Entitlement is the disease of this century.

Epoch devs create something and some spoilt fuckwits who want it now suddenly try to argue that they're entitled to it; because!

Sincerely, fuck off. 

seriously, they're making a free mod for all of us to enjoy but its not good enough apparently.