ArmA 2 Fix-up petition!

Markokil321

May be hopeless... but it's worth a shot anyway.

Please sign/share this petition: https://www.change.org/p/bohemia-interactive-studios-fix-arma-2-co-oa-open-issues

We hope to make the devs (BIS) realize that there are still many people playing A2: CO/OA and persuade them to resolve some ongoing issues!

Let's get ArmA 2 fixed up  :lol:

Military Shooter?? Isnt it a Military simulator.

What we are doing is modding to support a sandbox zombie surival. Epoch is built around arma 2 if they updated probly the Epoch team would have to do the same

the whole game needs be revamped for this as arma 3 has being released

Needed: all community mods weapon/vehicle/items/maps added to arma files as stock or 1 easy download in steam so better gaming for anyone who joins

Military Shooter?? Isnt it a Military simulator.

What we are doing is modding to support a sandbox zombie surival. Epoch is built around arma 2 if they updated probly the Epoch team would have to do the same

the whole game needs be revamped for this as arma 3 has being released

Needed: all community mods weapon/vehicle/items/maps added to arma files as stock or 1 easy download in steam so better gaming for anyone who joins

fac8ff01fd0132ee2c00a2b2d9415e5b.png

Tactical Military Simulation first/third person shooter PC video game then, but who gives a damn anyway :P

We aren't asking for any sort of game revamp, and i don't think that's necessary either. All I personally would like is that BIS fix some shit they broke in one of the A2 game patches that got released, or fix some shit that has been broken ever since the start. There are pages and pages of reported bugs here: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cis/issues that could get combed through and resolved as best as possible. (who knows how many of these reports are well made / actually true though) 

All that's required really is that BIS allocates a pair of their developers to look through these pages and some community feedback as to how/whether things are resolved or for testing the fixes. I myself am mainly asking for security / performance / bug fixes or improvements like to fix the createUnit & createVehicle exploits that people have been talking about.

I understand their main focus right now is probably A3 (hopefully...). However i take it there are more than two people working at BIS and that A2 could get a 'fix up' whilst A3 is being worked on at the same time.

I hate steam, so i wouldn't like to have to download every additional mod from there + i see no issues in downloading things from the mod website or from armaholic, but yeah that's just me.   :D

Made it a top story on our website. Would be cool if other server admins would also try and make their community aware of this problem. I think we need them to get the numbers needed to make BI question their attitude.

http://dayzepoch.nl/

I saw there are already 40 people that signed ever since the petition was opened yesterday! Thanks again to anyone that has signed / shared :) 

A3 fixes these bugs

just read the buglist

you will be waiting at least 1 year for somthing to happen as them bugs were there since dayz started way before epoch

these are bugs created by bugs fixes and unable to fix

just live with them like we all have. A3epoch is 100x betterthat the original epoch brings me back to the original dayz back in the day with no lockable vehicles/storage, no traders to supply you with all the gear in epoch in a day.

go out and spend 6 hours looting and go hide in a bush with your tent XD be scared of the bugs  they willl hurt you more than zeds or players that is part of arma.

think you guys are thinking along the lines of cod/BF boxed in with no way out., where only a player can hurt you

• 2 weeks later...

Signed.

The sheer amount of people that still play A2 and it's associated mods is unbelievable. Dayz and Dayz Epoch made BIS a shit ton of money in that everybody that wanted to play these mods has HAD to purchase a copy of Arma2:OA in order to. BIS is obligated to fix these issues as people are STILL buying A2 in order to play A2E. I see new players everyday that have never played this mod before.