Mods looking promising...servers though, kind of not as much

semipr0

isnt that what its for, not a massive community on one server haha.

some people dont want 50 odd people running around on a Private server, so they make their own for personal use that s the saying  official/private  Why criticize?

1-5 is plenty for pesonal/family/friend anyone who wants an chilling non hectic use

Woundn't it be funy if every car commpany made the exact same car and one colour and you didnt like that one lol .... undrateful

Meh I just don't see the point of having a billion and one servers with vanilla settings and 3 people on them. That's not really how epoch was meant to be played. It's a multi player survival game. Pvp is a huge focus and one of my favorite aspects of it. So a player less server seems like no incentive at all for forking out cash. If I want to build alone id go play mine craft. But meh you are right, it's their money.

But yes ccg is RAPING the player base right now. Just like they back when they released their A2 overpoch hive. So many other smaller community servers went under. It's like déjà vu. It's why I've always worked so hard on making my servers as customized and unique as possible. Scripts and mods are the only thing that gives the underdogs a chance to walk with the gaints like CCG, firecock, and MGT. Those who don't take the initiative to do the same and expect to keep a vanilla server running with a stable player base on their good intentions alone are kidding themselves.

Also why it sucks that the dev team are keeping things locked up tight for the time being. Understandable from their perspective but still cripples some of us middle class communities all the same. =p

Meh I just don't see the point of having a billion and one servers with vanilla settings and 3 people on them. That's not really how epoch was meant to be played. It's a multi player survival game. Pvp is a huge focus and one of my favorite aspects of it. So a player less server seems like no incentive at all for forking out cash. If I want to build alone id go play mine craft. But meh you are right, it's their money.

But yes ccg is RAPING the player base right now. Just like they back when they released their A2 overpoch hive. So many other smaller community servers went under. It's like déjà vu. It's why I've always worked so hard on making my servers as customized and unique as possible. Scripts and mods are the only thing that gives the underdogs a chance to walk with the gaints like CCG, firecock, and MGT. Those who don't take the incentive to do the same and expect to keep a vanilla server running with a stable player base on their good intentions alone are kidding themselves.

Also why it sucks that the dev team are keeping things locked up tight for the time being. Understandable from their perspective but still cripples some of us middle class communities all the same. =p

Don´t blame the Devs, its communities that need to unite.. Every Community/Clan can´t have a server of thier own, talk to 4+ other communities/clans and unite instead.

My group of people are way to small to even try and start something but I know that there are groups of our size that try.

That's more or less what Legion has been doing. We've combined forces with a couple other like minded communities roughly the same size as us and collab together ideas for improvements and share the outcome. It's worked out thus far, but i have seen some pretty crash and burn merges in the past. so always be careful on who you "unite" with, as not everyone has the best intentions and thus leeches are born.

Why do you care what others do or that there are empty servers ? Why not just worry about your own shit ? If someone wants to run a server 24/7 that is empty it is their money and time maybe they are working on shit privately or maybe like mentioned they only want to play with a few rl friends. Personally I do not give a rats ass what others do or if there are 10 million empty servers.

Someone said this mod is 4 month in the making... That isn't true. It's in the making sice above one year and a few years before on ARMA 2. ;)

The main problem for us regular admins is, that a small group of testers and the developers had exclusive rights since a few months ago. So their Servers are well known now and they have all the rights to implement and test special Features that we can't put in, because the server side files are protected. I like to help and post my results here in the forum, but I can't, because I'm not allowed to edit these file atm. That's very sad. I just wanted an "early bird Server" to skill myself as fast as possible...

Another problem is, that you are not really able to put in AI-missions without full controll of the server side files. That's only possible with a headless Client and this means I have to pay more money or have to change my hoster. And I like my host and have no idea how a HC works. But I know, that I have to buy a second ARMA 3 to run a HC, so I have to pay more Money again... and again... Only because I have no Access to the server side files of Epoch. :(

But I know, that I have to buy a second ARMA 3 to run a HC, so I have to pay more Money again... and again... Only because I have no Access to the server side files of Epoch. :(

I am not sure if you still need to buy a second license , I may have read someplace you do not I could be wrong I may set up a HC later on tonight. I will confirm for sure.

My community has been up for 2 years + Started with BF, CS, now I run A2 Overpoch and A3 Epoch.  Added modes to a3 to make in more interesting. I'm also willing to share with the right community.  I want to see more users. We average 4-10 during the day 10-15 at night for a3 Epoch. a2 Overpoch 15-25@ night..  

We are not going anywhere. We have a dedicated server, I pay the bill. I enjoy changing up servers, adding servers, helping people. Any help or info needed let me know.

you guys QQ'ing about Headless clients need to spend an honest 30 minutes educating yourself.  

These myths of needing extra hardware or paying a provider are ridiculous.  Don't make that your excuse, please.

Search this forum for the HC thread. Any questions feel free to PM me.

THX. :)

But it would not be needed, if I have access to the server side files.

I ran DayZ Epoch on Napf with 3 different AIs and 4 NPC-sectors with patrolling helicopters, M2 HMMWVS etc.. No problems on a simple 20€ Nitrado server. Many players were very impressed about the performance of my server with all that features.

Pagan, 

Another problem is, that you are not really able to put in AI-missions without full controll of the server side files. That's only possible with a headless Client and this means I have to pay more money or have to change my hoster. And I like my host and have no idea how a HC works. But I know, that I have to buy a second ARMA 3 to run a HC, so I have to pay more Money again... and again... Only because I have no Access to the server side files of Epoch.  :(

Don't talk about problems if you have no intent in solving them for yourself.  YOU DO NOT have to pay more money or change your hoster. NOR do you need to buy another copy of Arma3 to use a headless client.  All you need is what you already have...and a capacity to read or ask for help!

Merry Christmas!

Insightful.. and what's wrong with setting up a server to play with your mates ?

Point is the state of the mod as it is now is boring after a few hours without other players around. PVE sucks antagonists are 0 threat. World is empty. Dayz epoch was great even soloing, even after playing for years zombies still got right in ya face and fucked you up from time to time.

The amazing thing is is that A3E had a huge huge audience already tuned in, with the radio station being Dayz Epoch.

Then we had the key only access, which last I heard there were over 6,000 unique players trying A3Epoch. How many people played Dayz Epoch? Actually, how many A3 copies have been sold?

I know there was an issue with Dean Wanker Hall and the use of zombies in A3, and I understand why the devs wanted to steer away from zombies. But antagonists aside, why wouldn't you keep to the hugely successful model (DayZ Epoch) when making the brand new version that's on a better performing engine?

It makes sense to evolve an already successful product than being bold and creating a completely new one with barely tenuous links to it.

I personally think the low numbers playing is down to the game 'currently' being boring and feature bare (imo).

The current busy communities will have stronger bloodlines to DayZ Epoch than the quitier vanilla servers. Whether that's something as simple as 'extra loot, 20k cars, spawn with pistol', or something community created like indestructible building materials and/or God zones.

Anyway, the devs will be rolling out new antagonists and new features, these may blow the gaming world apart, or then again they may not. I hope they succeed as I've been here since A3Epoch was a twinkle in Awol's eye.

horbin, I answered in the last post of page 2.

And I like to stream some pron sometimes, you know? :P

Nope... of course not. No one does that! ;) But maybe VoD tells you something or playing some other games, that uses much of the bandwich. So, if I'm streaming a video in HD, no missions will spawn... All I say is, that's a way more difficult then it was in ARMA 2 or ALTIS LIFE, if you are not a 24/7 ARMA 3 and server administrating super geek. And then there's the small language barricade, that causes that I can't exactly tell you my thinkings, because I'm no native english speaker... If the Server files would be unencrypted it would be much easier.

And it's not realy a privilege, because everybody can rent a server. But I know what you mean...

A3E is fantastic and it will become great. But with a bit more editable files you can easily bring in more fun into your server without using "third party solutions" and/or massive FPS-problems...

We at StrangeBrew have been on the fence with keeping our A3 servers. Our community got together and asked if I would loose the Euro server and keep the Canadian server. They have paid for 4 months and are willing to give it a bit more I believe. So the interest is there and their continued support will come from release of the lock. They have a small list of what they want on our server and I am willing to provide once the lock is off. Which should be off very soon as the contest is over and that was the promise.

I feel the less added the better. Towing,Mission sys.,Roaming AI. With these you have a hit. We had a million mods on our A2 servers and it was not a challenge to survive. This A3Epoch is a great start,just kinda boring at the moment. Our support is there.

Well on the flip side, on the busy servers, Epoch sort of becomes a cyclic experience of building a base with your group, getting settled in, people log off to, god forbid, sleep, then you wake up and your doors have been blown in and all your progress has been more or less lost.

Base raiding is a legitimate mechanic of course, and bases should not be invulnerable, but I think the over-abundance of explosives currently on the 0.2.5.1 alpha make attempting to play Epoch somewhat frustrating, unless you can run a 24 hour response watch to keep people off your doors, making a base is more or less a futile gesture at best because generally every day after you log back in your supplies have been raided and you have to spend another few hours hunting down the supplies needed to replace your doors.

Well on the flip side, on the busy servers, Epoch sort of becomes a cyclic experience of building a base with your group, getting settled in, people log off to, god forbid, sleep, then you wake up and your doors have been blown in and all your progress has been more or less lost.

Base raiding is a legitimate mechanic of course, and bases should not be invulnerable, but I think the over-abundance of explosives currently on the 0.2.5.1 alpha make attempting to play Epoch somewhat frustrating, unless you can run a 24 hour response watch to keep people off your doors, making a base is more or less a futile gesture at best because generally every day after you log back in your supplies have been raided and you have to spend another few hours hunting down the supplies needed to replace your doors.

Exactly this. I'll wait til the day explosives spawn less to start building. What i do now is hide a couple shelves around the map where you wouldn't normally go to and just stock it up with weapons and ammo. I had a shelf in a broken down building for 9 days straight without anyone taking anything.

There are so many ways to fuck your base up, but there are so many ways to work towards preventing it.

For example. if you build a tower and then remove the bottom floor except for a staircase that you always move away, the worst thing that someone can do to your base is blow up the bottom part, or fly straight into your base. Regardless, unless you've made your server one of these places where there are tons of choppers you should be able to stop most of the attempts. Getting inside will require a parachute, and some skills at flying.