can you destroy lockboxes?

Bushwick

well they were pretty secure until just showed everyone how simple they are to blow... but would u really want to waste your sniper ammo to destroy someones lock box. when you could camp there lockbox and wait for them to unlock it and pop one bulleti nthere back and steal the content.

the thing with destroying the lockbox is that it destroys the content aswell so kinda is a lose lose situtation..... in my view i wouldnt waste my ammo blowing a lock box if i already wasted my sachels blowing into the base to find all the good stuff in the lock box. not on shelfs or in a tipi

well they were pretty secure until just showed everyone how simple they are to blow... but would u really want to waste your sniper ammo to destroy someones lock box. when you could camp there lockbox and wait for them to unlock it and pop one bulleti nthere back and steal the content.

the thing with destroying the lockbox is that it destroys the content aswell so kinda is a lose lose situtation..... in my view i wouldnt waste my ammo blowing a lock box if i already wasted my sachels blowing into the base to find all the good stuff in the lock box. not on shelfs or in a tipi

Destroying it is far more troll worthy, and you do realise the type of persons that frequent here. :D

yeah i might take that one down but it is getting a good ammount of views for me atm sooooo... and its to late thsi info was already out there for people who had found others and tried for themselfs....

i was already pretty sure that explosives didnt seem to do much damage to them..... but knew they could be destroyed as one of mine was early on..... i now hide them much better

yeah i might take that one down but it is getting a good ammount of views for me atm sooooo... and its to late thsi info was already out there for people who had found others and tried for themselfs....

i was already pretty sure that explosives didnt seem to do much damage to them..... but knew they could be destroyed as one of mine was early on..... i now hide them much better

All good mate nice vid, thanks for the help.

This creates a situation where "random bush in the middle of nowhere" becomes a more reasonable place for your lockbox than the actual base, where people might actively look for it. Sounds like a bad mechanic.

I get it, we want this harsh environment where death and loss are "real" and meaningful. Wiping out someone's rewards for days or weeks of effort should still require a bit more than some kid with a trollface and a lynx. For me, Epoch is all about about combining the punishing mechanics of DayZ (death comes quickly and degrades you back to newspawn) with some degree of persistence and longterm purpose. Others are in it for the trolling, which is fine, too. Right now I feel the mod leans a bit too far towards enabling & rewarding the purely destructive style, though.

This creates a situation where "random bush in the middle of nowhere" becomes a more reasonable place for your lockbox than the actual base, where people might actively look for it. Sounds like a bad mechanic.

Yes, it doesn't make much sense for either the owner or the bandit.  Especially since destroying it doesn't yield the items inside.

I ended up doing what you've said above, the stuff I care about is in some bush, bullshit in the base.