Custom Loading Screen

Oatmeal Creampie

Question

15 answers to this question

1) Place your loadscreen image in the mission pbo root directory (where description.ext and mission.sqm are)

2) description.ext

Change this:

loadScreen = "\x\addons\a3_epoch_assets\pictures\loadScreen_ca.paa";

To:

loadScreen = "loadscreen.jpg";

1) Place your loadscreen image in the mission pbo root directory (where description.ext and mission.sqm are)

2) description.ext

Change this:

To:

When i try to upload the new PBO I get a critical file transfer error. Am I missing a step in repackaging the PBO or something?

Don't unpack and repack the PBO.  Just copy and paste the files out from and back into the file as needed.  With the unpack/repack you run the risk of the file not repacking correctly.

I am very sorry I am being so noob here. I ran an epoch server on the arma 2 engine through vilayer and their UI unpacked them automatically so this is my first time doing it "legit". I have PBO manager to read them. You say not to unpack / repack it. I download the PBO and open it with PBO manager, edit what I need to edit then I try to upload. what am I doing wrong? How can I get the descriptions.ext etc without unpacking the whole PBO? Again, I am sorry for noob question but I am trying to learn and I appriciate your help.

I am very sorry I am being so noob here. I ran an epoch server on the arma 2 engine through vilayer and their UI unpacked them automatically so this is my first time doing it "legit". I have PBO manager to read them. You say not to unpack / repack it. I download the PBO and open it with PBO manager, edit what I need to edit then I try to upload. what am I doing wrong? How can I get the descriptions.ext etc without unpacking the whole PBO? Again, I am sorry for noob question but I am trying to learn and I appriciate your help.

When you open a file directly inside the PBO it gets copied to a temp file on your hard drive.  Once you make your edits and go to save them the new file gets saved in the temp file and does NOT go back into the PBO, which means any changes you make don't take hold inside the PBO.  So what you need to do is open the PBO, select the file you want to edit, copy and paste it to your desktop, make your edits and save it, then copy and paste it back into the PBO.  Profit!   :)

When you open a file directly inside the PBO it gets copied to a temp file on your hard drive.  Once you make your edits and go to save them the new file gets saved in the temp file and does NOT go back into the PBO, which means any changes you make don't take hold inside the PBO.  So what you need to do is open the PBO, select the file you want to edit, copy and paste it to your desktop, make your edits and save it, then copy and paste it back into the PBO.  Profit!   :)

I am in game messing around ATM but I will do what you are saying. I do not see why it would not work. Thank you so much for your help.

2) description.ext

Change this:

To:

Ok I have changed my description.ext so it reads as follows: 

loadScreen = "Scripts\Menu\loadscreen.jpg";

I put it in folders because I have OCD or ADD or somethin' lol.

The loadscreen image is in .jpg format and is in the proper folder. But when I load in I get an error message:

Picture scripts\menu\loadscreen.paa not found.

Any ideas?

I actually managed to fix it. It's in .jpg format and is working now. The issue was with my server host. Previously with Vert Hosting you could shut the server down, make your changes, upload the .pbo and then start the server. Now they require you to restart the server after starting it up. Boom, fixed. Thanks community!  :)