VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

@TheVampire I have been keeping up with the chatter on github. I don't know if it's epoch or arma but when wrapping any serverside pbo's I've had a lot of issue's with files not being read out of them correctly. I have found that eliteness gives me less issues than pboview or pbo manager or even cpbo. I'm not sure why the server side is so picky but if you have an issue with it not reading a file that is in the pbo try using eliteness to build the pbo. Sounds like you may have already fixed the latest issue you had though... so just some FYI. 

machine6fd,

I've found the best tool to use is "BinPBO Personal Edition". YOu can use a nice little batch file to auto build the only thing I would say is make sure you use your -PREFIX before the other commands so and example.

@echo off
set BinPBO="C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinPBO Personal Edition\BinPBO.exe" 

set "buildir=%cd%\"

set "Mission=SOME_COOL_PBO_ADDON"

cd /d %buildir%
mkdir %Mission% > NUL
xcopy /E /Y "_%Mission%\*.*" "%Mission%\*.*" > NUL

%BinPBO% -PREFIX q\addons\%Mission% -INCLUDE *.* "%buildir%\%Mission%" "%buildir%" 

rmdir /S /Q %Mission%

then all you do is just put all your files into the _SOME_COOL_PBO_ADDON then just double click the bat file. 100% build success for me :-)

@TheVampire I have been keeping up with the chatter on github. I don't know if it's epoch or arma but when wrapping any serverside pbo's I've had a lot of issue's with files not being read out of them correctly. I have found that eliteness gives me less issues than pboview or pbo manager or even cpbo. I'm not sure why the server side is so picky but if you have an issue with it not reading a file that is in the pbo try using eliteness to build the pbo. Sounds like you may have already fixed the latest issue you had though... so just some FYI. 

It had ended up that the Function file was being read, but none of the dialog lines in it were running, and no global vars were being sent.

Then the first file called as a global var would come back as undefined.

19:15:32 [VEMF]: Starting Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework.
19:15:32 [VEMF]: isServer:true / isDedicated:true / isMultiplayer:true
19:15:32 [VEMF]: Setting VEMF Relations to make AI Hostile.
19:15:32 [VEMF]: Looking for the Config. Ignore the associated File Not Found error.
19:15:32 Warning Message: Script VEMFConfig.sqf not found
19:15:32 [VEMF]: Loading Configuration File.
19:15:32 [VEMF]: Configuration File Loaded!
19:15:32 [VEMF]: Currently Running Version: 1.0.0-dev
19:15:32 [VEMF]: Server is Running Map: altis
19:15:32 [VEMF]: Loading ExecVM Functions.
19:15:32 [VEMF]: Loading Compiled Functions.
19:15:32 [VEMF]: All Functions Loaded.
19:15:32 [VEMF]: Loading Any Addons.
19:15:32 [VEMF]: AI Watchdog Running.
19:15:32 [VEMF]: Mission Timer Started.

It's nice to finally see it start without errors. Next I need to see it run everything without an error.

Should be just errors with AI spawning/loadout, and after that errors with caching/respawning.

• Richie unlocked this topic