VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

• 2 weeks later...

Just an idea, don't shoot me If I am way off mark.

If that box is craftable couldn't it be crafter for placement in a base and then send a radio message to all members in the group that belong to that base?

I like where you are going with thinking of more ways than just map markers. IMO it would be cool to have some smaller events not announced at all to give an element of surprise.

staged mission idea (if do able)  with a random chance of starting  once a server session

AI need to access 3 x radio tower to establish  up-link with a old orbital weapons platform to launch a nuke.

which is announced and marked on the map per radio tower, 1st radio tower then  the 2nd radio tower finally the 3rd radio tower.

When up-link established AI will randomly select a players GUID (that are online) and launch a nuke at there base with an accuracy of say + or - 400m (if selected player has no base) then AI target a random main city)

If a player stops the AI at the first or second radio tower then the mission is over but if the player stops the AI at the 3rd radio tower, the player can select a target with say an accuracy of say + or - 800m

nuke blast gauged of nuke mission in wai

any thoughts.

natoed, love the idea but would the nuke at a base totally destroy it or just deliver an amount of damage?
I think players would be pissed at having their base and everything they have worked for totally destroyed.

I am really excited about this addon, will be a very welcome break from the standard 'there is a mark on the map go and kill the AI' type of missions. I am looking every day to see if there is any progress, sad i know lol

Before Arma broke the last version of VEMF I was working on a nuke  mission. Instead of a crate in a city it was a "Device" with a laptop on it and roaming AI. You had to walk up to the laptop and scroll to "hack" it and disable the nuke.

I'm not opposed to blowing up player bases but it has to be very rare and the player needs to be well informed which I'm not sure I can convey in the mission.

I also want the mission system to allow "opting out" overall. You can choose not to participate but you will have major difficulty in attempting to live inside the "infected area" that AI have taken over.

Forcing players to craft a terminal in their base to opt into the mission system is pretty close along the lines of how I would like the mission system to run. It also acts as a never-ending end-game minigame of sorts.

For small servers that are admin-oriented I'm also going to add an option that can be ran to fill the map (infect every city possible) on the first server startup so the players can play it in an invasion style instead.

Right now I'm working on an add-on unrelated to VEMF and another small script like vehicle degrade.

The main thing I'm struggling with  VEMF atm is writing the watchdog FSM which is essentially the AI brain that decides what actions get taken on the server (infect city, spawn mission, etc). After it is wrote the majority of the code is already done.

As always if anyone wishes to help send me a PM to get access to the repository.