VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

Not sure if anyone else has this same issue, but I have noticed that if the server is empty upon restart, and no players connect for at least thirty minutes, but connect later, the dynamic town invasion notices never post. Now this isn't an issue on servers with a steady player base, but since our server is new this tends to happen consistently.

It's not that big of a deal, and I am in no way complaining, just curious. We do have other mission systems running, so I am guessing there are numerous ways in which the script can break, or just give up after no threads are present for a given time.

When there are players connected directly after a restart though, VEMF runs flawlessly. Absolutely love it. Thank you!

Not sure if anyone else has this same issue, but I have noticed that if the server is empty upon restart, and no players connect for at least thirty minutes, but connect later, the dynamic town invasion notices never post. Now this isn't an issue on servers with a steady player base, but since our server is new this tends to happen consistently.

It's not that big of a deal, and I am in no way complaining, just curious. We do have other mission systems running, so I am guessing there are numerous ways in which the script can break, or just give up after no threads are present for a given time.

When there are players connected directly after a restart though, VEMF runs flawlessly. Absolutely love it. Thank you!

It should exit the mission and try it again even when the server has been empty.

If you have anything in an RPT I'd be interested in seeing it.

Hey Vamp,

thank you for your framework, it's really nice!

I have two servers running, however in the Chernarus one I experience some random crashes when you attack AI. For example it happened twice that when I shooted with a GL (attached on a rifle), the arma3server.exe crashes.

This doesn't happen on Altis one and on both I run @MAS, @EMOD, @SEM and Infi* AH addons.

Any clue?

From RPT I can only see the error message regarding Group join or the one that cannot read something (name of town which is invaded).

Thanks!

Works fine for me using Infistar

**edit - Read the post on using the different box type for the VEMF crate spawn,  going to try that and report back.

Great add on!  In regards to the crates we are seeing where non-admins that attempt to go towards a crate to loot it get pushed back 15 ft or so.  Anyone tagged as an admin within infistar can approach and loot the crate with no issue.  Wondering if the latest infistar update may be causing this?  

To clarify, reg players will approach the crate and attempt to loot and will see the inventory for a split second before being teleported back 15 ft or so.  Rinse and repeat.  If an admin goes to the crate there is no issue.  Anyone else experiencing this one?

**edit - Read the post on using the different box type for the VEMF crate spawn, going to try that and report back.

Great add on! In regards to the crates we are seeing where non-admins that attempt to go towards a crate to loot it get pushed back 15 ft or so. Anyone tagged as an admin within infistar can approach and loot the crate with no issue. Wondering if the latest infistar update may be causing this?

To clarify, reg players will approach the crate and attempt to loot and will see the inventory for a split second before being teleported back 15 ft or so. Rinse and repeat. If an admin goes to the crate there is no issue. Anyone else experiencing this one?

Changing the crate should fix it. The crate will be changed in the next version.

New update will bring new surprises. Posted some teasers for Patrons. I'll have more teasers later today.

Changing the crate should fix it. The crate will be changed in the next version.

New update will bring new surprises. Posted some teasers for Patrons. I'll have more teasers later today.

Have been keeping tabs on your in-dev tree and I'm seriously looking forward to the next release :D

I will be making a donation soon as payday comes along

Ive been reading through the forum.. can't seem to find anyone asking about it. so here goes. ... anyway to change the damage the ai take? and the set skill? It takes 3-6 shots to the chest to take them down.. and the happen to have eagle eyes and steady ass aim... 

Ive been reading through the forum.. can't seem to find anyone asking about it. so here goes. ... anyway to change the damage the ai take? and the set skill? It takes 3-6 shots to the chest to take them down.. and the happen to have eagle eyes and steady ass aim... 

The damage is because they're soldiers, they have protective body armour

Their skill is on line 90 of VspawnAI.sqf Here - values between 0.1 and 1.0 can be used.

**edit - Read the post on using the different box type for the VEMF crate spawn,  going to try that and report back.

Great add on!  In regards to the crates we are seeing where non-admins that attempt to go towards a crate to loot it get pushed back 15 ft or so.  Anyone tagged as an admin within infistar can approach and loot the crate with no issue.  Wondering if the latest infistar update may be causing this?  

To clarify, reg players will approach the crate and attempt to loot and will see the inventory for a split second before being teleported back 15 ft or so.  Rinse and repeat.  If an admin goes to the crate there is no issue.  Anyone else experiencing this one?

Changed the box type out to one of the Nato weapons crates and now non-admins can access.  I think we are going to look at alternative box types as the weapons crates are a bit difficult to locate in a town. 

• Richie unlocked this topic