VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

I'll make it adjustable in the next version. For now if it's an issue you can adjust it in VEMFNearWait in VFunctions.sqf. It's default at 900seconds.

Lol it was fun in Athiros such a huge city timed out when 3 of us were tackling the mission trying to find the crate :) I was like... I counted the bodies they not "all" dead :P 900-1800 is a good number to use

Got it installed and working, killed all the AI in the town and found the new orange loot box with a decent variety of loot. Good work and thanks. Quick question, I know you have to have a radio but do you have to be in the radio channel to get the announcements? Or can I be in side chat or another chat and still get the announcement.

Is there any way to have the message broadcast several times like every 10 min or something until the ai are spawned by a player who has gotten close enough?

At the moment it sends a message after it picks a town, and waits 15mins for a player to get near. If no one shows up, it picks a new town and sends the message over again.

Got it installed and working, killed all the AI in the town and found the new orange loot box with a decent variety of loot. Good work and thanks. Quick question, I know you have to have a radio but do you have to be in the radio channel to get the announcements? Or can I be in side chat or another chat and still get the announcement.

You can be in any channel.

Try 3 to get it to you first 2 failed...Thanks Vamp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gw5dawsxhxl1pj/init.sqf?dl=0

ya, seems the Quartz radio is the most common used.. to get this to work normally, what I have noticed is the message pops up about 4 times 1 after the other not sure what that is TheVampire not Everyone understand your elegant code like we both do? :P love the work, this is turning out way better then DZMS :)

Have installed the Mission System as per the the instructions (very Easy thanks Vamp)

And must say from what i have seen looks very promising. 

I seem to have one problem tho, the mission will spawn (Can see this in the .Rpt) and all players receive the Radio message but the message wont name the town just get in town!

Im running Chernarus with the Mas Weapons pack would the pack cause this issue?

Would i need to amend the weapons used by Ai?

Thanks

Vamp I am running this with SEM but I cant seem to get them to work at the same time...Kilo and you both have a init.sqf I tried to place yours right above his in the same sqf as well as placing your on the bottom...Is there a better place or should I dig in and make a sqf 1 and 2

I made a "missions.sqf" and called it at the bottom of init.sqf- [] execVM "missions.sqf".

The SEM init code was killing my other addons no matter where I called them,top or bottom,so I gave them their own space.

Hope that works for ya.

TheVampire,

Great work. Just trying the new one out and I cannot find the lot crates for love nor money. They are spawning but when I go to that location i cannot see them. as a not they do seem to be in houses the cords.

Line 1413: 10:56:12 [VEMF]: DynTownInv: Crate Spawned At: [19337.7,13252.5,0.198681] / Grid: 193132

Line 1522: 11:06:16 [VEMF]: DynTownInv: Crate Spawned At: [9091.99,11961.5,0.464958] / Grid: 090119

Hello,

I have the following problem , there are no news Chat shown everything that comes is the mission starts, but there is nothing that the mission is completed. Have the system Chat ( 6 ) is activated but there is nothing I add my rpt and my init.sqf with

www.file-upload.net/download.php?valid=817.84901670105&id=10143778&name=arma3server_2015-01-14_11-10-20.rpt

http://www.file-upload.net/download.php?valid=146.05641670105&id=10143782&name=init.sqf

ok we seen why we cant find crates sometimes, when it spawned in it landed on kerb and rattled about then disappeared so I think you might need set co-ords for crates.

Yup! I found one on the wall of one of the wrecked houses. It was just kind of balancing there,about 3 meters up. Lol

Zoom in on the name of the city as close as possible. It spawns in the middle of the name. If that's in the side of the building, that's where it spawns.

Heli dropping the supplies at a random place in the city would be extra cool, though. But rather Vamp be working on the other cool features to come.

Awesome stuff, is there any way to set multiple city spawn locations at the same time? Or just spit ballin here possibly have them occupy a region of the map say all the Western cities or all the Northern cities...forcing those camping in remote areas to eventually have to deal with your AI

Just too fun! The radio hints, without the big pop-up play toward the realism. I appreciate that. Keeps you paying attention, and makes you wan't to find a radio. Everyone was saying there is no crates, but they are there. Eventually we found them. The hunt is our favorite part. Awesome work! 

RC_Robio

And the AI...5 of them flanked us from two directions. And they shot at me through a concrete wall. But I didn't die till they actually brought the wall down. Upping my patreon. Nice work!

Fantastic work! Implemented this on our server last night.

First mission 15 of our player base assaulted the town/AI and said it was easy...they went to the second mission AI killed 6 of our player base...the rest ran like a bunch of girls! (no offence girls)...when people say "the AI are fierce" ... HEED THEIR WARNING lol.

Just a thought for future releases, or if its something I can change now?...when the last AI is killed the player who shoots the AI is the only person that gets the message that the mission is clear...the rest of the players are not aware. Is it possible to make ALL players with a radio aware the mission is competed?

Again...fantastic work!

Fantastic work! Implemented this on our server last night.

First mission 15 of our player base assaulted the town/AI and said it was easy...they went to the second mission AI killed 6 of our player base...the rest ran like a bunch of girls! (no offence girls)...when people say "the AI are fierce" ... HEED THEIR WARNING lol.

Just a thought for future releases, or if its something I can change now?...when the last AI is killed the player who shoots the AI is the only person that gets the message that the mission is clear...the rest of the players are not aware. Is it possible to make ALL players with a radio aware the mission is competed?

Again...fantastic work!

I don't think I'll have it message everyone. I'll make it configurable to message all players in a certain distance.

• Richie unlocked this topic