VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

So I dont have to add any commands into any of the init files like arma 2 to make it work?

Cause I don't see anything running. So what I did was open up and turn on the debug to see what happens.

I always thought I would have to point the server to read the added files.

As long as you have the init.sqf and initServer.sqf in your mission, and VEMF.pbo on your server, it should launch fine. 60 seconds after you join the server it should start logging to the server.rpt

Well, Vampire, we have been testing this for a day now, and it has been a success. I think it really adds something to Epoch that it was missing, especially during those times when there aren't that many players online and the ones that are want something to do. I also like how this doesn't require any battleye-filter changes, and that it's basically plug and play (almost, apart from the mission file changes) may I suggest that you keep that way if at all possible?

Here are some of my thoughts on improving it further:

Behavior

* AI dying will lead to other AI nearby taking cover/using cover more

* AI dying without no clear attack source (ie. sniper at 1km) makes the AI pull back into town/inside buildings

* AI will enter buildings to follow players that run into them

* AI will spread out more when moving

* Once the AI drop to a certain lower number, make them more hesitant and cautious, and not run in the open

Equipment

* AI will, like players carry food, drink, and such items (for immersion)

* 1 in 10 AI will have a secondary long-range weapon (sniper rifle) that it will switch to if attacked from long range, and will also engage at 1km distance

* AI that spends its ammo will switch to secondary or ... loot other AI or player bodies

* AI will use voice commands to communicate

Vehicles approaching

* AI will place land mines (anti-vehicle) (or the mission will spawn land mines) in the area of operation

* MG-AI will make vehicles a priority target

Reinforcements

* If AI spot a higher number of enemies, they will call for reinforcements (that can arrive via chopper, and paradrop)

Ideas for expanding the "attack the cities"-mission:

* Make an AI-win condition, something they will try to accomplish in town (such as blowing up an important building after X amount of time or, blowing up all vehicles in town, or something).

* Add more random factors to the spawning enemy AI, maybe sometimes there's a spec ops unit with higher tier weapons/military camo, using more low-profile tactics

Tobias has some great ideas, I do like the idea they'll place defences down, makes sense if they take over a town, landmines and claymore :D

Reinforcements ftw <3 maybe if the mission runs longer than 5 minutes after killing the first Ai, that adds pressure to the players attacking.

this is what I found in the log.

12:54:49 [VEMF]: AllowDamage Fix Running.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Starting Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: isServer:true / isDedicated:true / isMultiplayer:true
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Setting VEMF Relations to make AI Hostile.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Looking for the Config. Ignore the associated File Not Found error.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Loading Configuration File.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Configuration File Loaded!
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Currently Running Version: 1.0.0a-PreAlpha
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Server is Running Map: altis
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Loading ExecVM Functions.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Loading Compiled Functions.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: All Functions Loaded.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Loading Any Addons.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Mission Timer Started.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: AI Watchdog Running.
13:08:02 [VEMF]: Running Dynamic Town Invasion Mission.

unknown if connected to VEMF
13:15:05 Error: selection end1 missing in memory LOD of model a3\structures_f\ind\cargo\cargo20_orange_f.p3d

I have not seen anything on the map or in cities. 

Other than that the only "weird" thing is how the if then is for fn_createMissionMarker, but if that works fine, I guess it's fine.

Don't worry it work, because this

if ( bool ) then [ { true { false ];

is the same as this

if ( bool ) then { true else { false };

;)

Greez KiloSwiss

this is what I found in the log.

12:55:54 [VEMF]: Starting Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: isServer:true / isDedicated:true / isMultiplayer:true
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Setting VEMF Relations to make AI Hostile.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Looking for the Config. Ignore the associated File Not Found error.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Loading Configuration File.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Configuration File Loaded!
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Currently Running Version: 1.0.0a-PreAlpha
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Server is Running Map: altis
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Loading ExecVM Functions.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Loading Compiled Functions.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: All Functions Loaded.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Loading Any Addons.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: Mission Timer Started.
12:55:54 [VEMF]: AI Watchdog Running.
13:08:02 [VEMF]: Running Dynamic Town Invasion Mission.

unknown if connected to VEMF

13:15:05 Error: selection end1 missing in memory LOD of model a3\structures_f\ind\cargo\cargo20_orange_f.p3d

I have not seen anything on the map or in cities. 

It's running fine then. Someone on your server have a radio?

Loving this Vamp if we can get some sorta better notification and customizable loot tables for the boxes that would be the next 2 things I would like to see. After that some emplacements would be nice maybe even some roadblocks and a large warning sign or other ambience.

Good job keep it up!

i want to get all players spawning with quartz radio...for some reason only admins spawn with it

if (!isServer) then {
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {player == player};

while {true} do {_player = player;
player addEventHandler ["Respawn", 
{
player addVest "V_41_EPOCH";
player forceAddUniform "U_C_Poor_1";
player addWeapon "ItemMap";
player addWeapon "ItemCompass";
player addWeapon "ItemWatch";
player addWeapon "EpochRadio0";
}
];
waitUntil {_player != player};
};
};

called from init.sqf

any chance anyone knows why?

thanks

loving the missions vampire best late xmas present i have had :D

Where do I add this?

Hey Vamp, been really ill so haven't been around.

Just installed VEMF on my sever and it works like a charm.

Very impressed with the AI "patrolling". I agree that they could take advantage of cover positions more etc but other than that you have this shit nailed.

Perhaps give them smoke or grenades to mix it up. Maybe even flares for night ops.

Looking foward to other missions / addons etc.

Thank you very much!

We have our revive player attachments not working. You don't even get the option sometimes.

I believe it is because I had both SEM and VEMF running. They run well together,but they both have the allow player damage going,2 instances.

I believe it is messing with the revive functioning. And you really need that with these nastys.

I turned off one of the calls for allow damage so there is only one instance working. Will test and see.

Is there a way to adjust the loot in the box? We just had an awesome battle! 30 minutes,2 player deaths. Used nades to end it.

Found the box and we were amazed!-4 hats!? LOL

Thanks for your work Vampire!

We are enjoying it!

Edit- I see the revive and pretty much all the multigun functions are ify. Sometimes they work,somtimes they don't. Since last A3E update.

Edited by aFuzzybuny

Alright Vampire, great work man!

I have been following and small testing this at every turn watching for updates on Github.

The small tests were during the dev testing phase, but was dam interesting to watch your work develop from your words in here to your code on GH.....

I have put this on my Altis server several times over the last week to test out your implemented fixes and possibly help you out with RPT's etc.

Unfortunately I have been working way to much to keep up with reporting back in time what i have found and the rest of the community following your project has beat me every time with their RPT's.

Latest Test:

When we are under load of 70+ players vemf has crashed the server on 2 occasions today and this is with last nights prealpha version. The RPT's are coming back with no errors at all from VEMF and have no other errors present from addons/scripts.

After removal of VEMF from the second crash with a full house of 80 players I have had no hiccups through this next restart cycle.

Will have my admins keep an eye on it till I get home from work this evening.

The server crashes on an ntdll error each time.

havent had time to look any further

I love the script but i think the option for markers would be nice. A lot of people in my server want markers and hate the radio notification system. Just a suggestion. Nice script though

I feel that Vampire chose the radio broadcast route since there were already Markers missions created by Kilo.

EDIT: I also feel that Epoch/AntiHacks stopping local and global markers also influenced his decision to go the radio route.

Plus the dynamic town mission that is currently included is a single mission that he is providing as an example of what his Framework will eventually provide to us in the community.

So far I can tell you that with just his framework you can make yourself an entire Random AI missions and patrols and a lot more very easily. Give it a little more time and you will start to see the bigger picture here!

I think he would agree with my statements here...

If you get the Zasleh1_proxy.p3d error when a mission spawns in, can you check to see if there is an M4 on the AI that spawned in?

Tracking it in this thread:

Currently working on fixing crate loot.

Should have a video up tomorrow of me and my SO playing some epoch from Saturday on Darth's server.

• Richie unlocked this topic