VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

Had to rewrite the unit caching system to work how I needed it to with missions and unit spawning.

The caching system and missions should run fine when I hook them up now.

All that should be left is small things like unit loadouts.

Vehicles will be pushed off until after the initial release since the town invasion script won't be spawning any vehicles.

I still need to write how the player gets rewarded after a mission.

Here's a question. How would you like the AI Loadouts to work? Here's a few options.

1. Dynamic Loadouts from the Loot Tables?

2. Large Arrays of Weapons/Items like DZMS?

3. An Infinite amount of "Solder Loadouts" you create for example:

Loadout1 = [vest,bag,headgear,goggles,primaryArray,secondaryArray,assignedItems,InventoryItems];
Loadout2 = etc

Also would you prefer rewards based on the lootable, or defined reward arrays?

I'd like to see all units have random, dynamic loadouts based off the Epoch loot table.  That way you never know for sure what you're going to be going up against when you roll up on a mission.  Plus if you base it off the Epoch loot table then there shouldn't be any issues with BE kicks when players pick up weapons with random attachments already on them (big problem with other current AI packs).

It should be the same approach for loot crates.  Have it be random and dynamic, but also in line with the risk of the mission.  Greater risk should equal greater reward.  

Had to rewrite the unit caching system to work how I needed it to with missions and unit spawning.

The caching system and missions should run fine when I hook them up now.

All that should be left is small things like unit loadouts.

Vehicles will be pushed off until after the initial release since the town invasion script won't be spawning any vehicles.

I still need to write how the player gets rewarded after a mission.

Here's a question. How would you like the AI Loadouts to work? Here's a few options.

1. Dynamic Loadouts from the Loot Tables?

2. Large Arrays of Weapons/Items like DZMS?

3. An Infinite amount of "Solder Loadouts" you create for example:

Loadout1 = [vest,bag,headgear,goggles,primaryArray,secondaryArray,assignedItems,InventoryItems];
Loadout2 = etc

Also would you prefer rewards based on the lootable, or defined reward arrays?

How hard it is to make it optional to pick between them? So we can choose to customize them ourselves or be lazy and have it pulled from the spawn list.

I agree with Darth_Rogue.  Random/Dynamic - no knowing is good. 

I would also like to see some defense against those going in and just running over AI.  Don't know the solution though as a launcher isn't EPOCH standard gear. 

I've seen in the simple mission system I have in now that when you rock up in an armoured vehicle like a hunter they'll still engage it with under-barrel grenade launchers. A few of those and your vehicle knows about it.

How hard it is to make it optional to pick between them? So we can choose to customize them ourselves or be lazy and have it pulled from the spawn list.

I can make it have both options, which I would have probably done in the end to make everyone happy.

Looks like for the first version they will use loot table weapons, which is how I wanted to do it anyways. ;)

Vamp I was wondering if maybe you could create a mission where two Ai units fucking duke it out ? You can watch who wins and then engage the remaining Ai, or just jump in and have a battle royal! Is that possible? that would be pretty impressive. (I think) 

I can make it have both options, which I would have probably done in the end to make everyone happy.

Looks like for the first version they will use loot table weapons, which is how I wanted to do it anyways. ;)

Cannot wait, keep up the great work as its very much appreciated ;)  All the best in the New Year!

Is there any way you can do this like the Epoch Mod has done and all we need to do is edit an .hpp file.

It saves a lot of editing of pbo's to change a value in the future.

looking forward to this.

Is there any way you can do this like the Epoch Mod has done and all we need to do is edit an .hpp file.

It saves a lot of editing of pbo's to change a value in the future.

looking forward to this.

The hpp file would still be inside a pbo, so I'm not sure how that would help.

When I do add a config for the weapons and loot I'll do it like I am the normal mission config.

You can either edit the one already in the PBO, or put a copy in your mission.pbo and edit that one instead.

yeah I get that, but you can refer to the hpp file from outside he pbo as well, it will jsut sit in the @mod folder instead.

My understanding of this: 

execvm "File.sqf" -  in mission pbo

execvm "folder\file.sqf" -  in folder in mission pbo

execvm "\folder\file.sqf" - will check the mission pbo and if not found will then check the server folder structure for matching path\filename

Either way will work, just thinking of options.

• Richie unlocked this topic