D'oh: Tipi's in 2035

spinphd

From home page: "Open world survival mod set in the year 2035, Just two years after the mass extinction of billions of people. Those that remain are left with remnants of a once technological society. Try to survive, build, or explore your way through the harsh dynamic environment."

Tipi's don't sound THAT off-base, lol. Do you see any majestic modern skyscrapers? Art deco monuments? I don't think that tipi's really stick out THAT much on Stratis/Altis/etc. 

Hell... if I were one of the FEW people left over after billions of others people died, I'd be happy with a hole in the ground that I could drag a piece of plywood over. 

2 years after the extinction of billions of people where all the tents just vanish from all survivial/outdoor stores around the world.

OMG, We have fictional guns that revive people and repair cars, on a fictional Island, In a fictional Scenario, with Fictional creatures THAT EXPLODE. but we can't have Tipi's to hide stuff in? 

Shitting Christ almighty lord we best go play call of duty to get a realism fix before our heads explode.

/sarcasm if you don't like it don't use the damn tipi's. They were put there to put easily acquired, easily built and easy to hide loot storage for the players. Srsly plz guis we belong to the master race stop with the stupid shit. 

Stealth edit*

"All you still on Enfamil need to keep out of the adult conversation!" This made me laugh, makes a post bitching and claims to be having an adult conversation xD ahahahahhahahaha

Good points made all round, try and keep it brief if you want us to read it. Personally, I really haven't got time to filter out the wheat from the opinionated chaff. Back to topic :)

We are thinking about safe storage. I would like to see some creativity in hiding / keeping your wealth before it was made too easy with a fictional, impenetrable fortress of hoarding..

Ummmm....If you were running around in a post-apocalyptic environment, needed to build a shelter/place to store your gear, and the only supplies you had available were sticks of wood and animal skins.......what would you build?

Sure, they are a little conspicuous, but you really just need to hide them in some reeds. We had one stocked full of shit that nobody found (on a regularly full server) until we were done with it and all the good stuff was gone. 

K so can knock up a jammer with ease but not a wooden create or something lol

While I think you have a good point about Tipi, I do think its the cheapest way to store items while you go about finding other means! it certainly helps me whenever I joing a new server.

I do feel personally that they should also introduce other storage techniques such as stashes, maybe with adding of another tool to the game (such a shovel) and looting other material; we would be able hide stuff underground, similar to how stashes work in dayz vanilla! 

I know you going to say this isn't Dayz! but I think stashes vs tipis , stashes win!!

Tents vs tipi (dayz tents that is) tents win again! 

I love the stash idea tho!!!!!!! with upgrade option would be very interesting concept! it should be cheap and dirty work, dig a hole put your shit in there and cover it up , new player joining servers will love it!

On a side note of the Tipi's.. Hopefully you guys can make it so they can be moved along with shelves.  Either moving as a built object or packing it up to rebuild at a new location.

Haven't seen anything of it in the latest release notes.

I'm really hopeful some sort of magic will be performed on the building aspects in this new Arma3 Epoch.

In it's current state it's like we went back to Arma 0  from Arma 3.

It's bad in every way... Building, Building Objects available and how the objects interact with other objects. 

It's like BI did the least amount of work on that aspect even knowing the modding community put their Arma2 sales through the roof.