D'oh: Tipi's in 2035

spinphd

Tipis?  Really?  Who's idiotic idea was that?  It's 2035, we're running around with GPS, UAV's, Modern firearms, there are a bazillion shipping containers littering the landscape and the BEST I can do is built a 10 foot tall, ass-cone to store gear and take shelter?  I mean really, the technological age somehow limits us from having the sense to build a small crate, box or storage/supply object?  

Jesus!

Spin Phd

Tipis?  Really?  Who's idiotic idea was that?  It's 2035, we're running around with GPS, UAV's, Modern firearms, there are a bazillion shipping containers littering the landscape and the BEST I can do is built a 10 foot tall, ass-cone to store gear and take shelter?  I mean really, the technological age somehow limits us from having the sense to build a small crate, box or storage/supply object?  

Jesus!

Spin Phd

I agree with this. the Tipi's really dont fit in. But i guess they wanted something that is made from animal skins.

Ummmm....If you were running around in a post-apocalyptic environment, needed to build a shelter/place to store your gear, and the only supplies you had available were sticks of wood and animal skins.......what would you build?

Sure, they are a little conspicuous, but you really just need to hide them in some reeds. We had one stocked full of shit that nobody found (on a regularly full server) until we were done with it and all the good stuff was gone. 

From home page: "Open world survival mod set in the year 2035, Just two years after the mass extinction of billions of people. Those that remain are left with remnants of a once technological society. Try to survive, build, or explore your way through the harsh dynamic environment."

Tipi's don't sound THAT off-base, lol. Do you see any majestic modern skyscrapers? Art deco monuments? I don't think that tipi's really stick out THAT much on Stratis/Altis/etc. 

Hell... if I were one of the FEW people left over after billions of others people died, I'd be happy with a hole in the ground that I could drag a piece of plywood over. 

Umm besides storage you can also go inside and get out of the rain to dry off a bit.

I would like to add please learn the game 1st as there are numerous ways to use everything in the game. I see a lot of players bitching but after everyone's comments they pretty much look like a noob or as l like to say FNG!

From home page: "Open world survival mod set in the year 2035, Just two years after the mass extinction of billions of people. Those that remain are left with remnants of a once technological society. Try to survive, build, or explore your way through the harsh dynamic environment."

Tipi's don't sound THAT off-base, lol. 

We have guns that magically repair cars, magically heals players and magically wakes them up from death. So, maybe we should know how to build something more sophisticated than a tipi?

I wouldn't expect the game to follow realism fully.

I would also think that a Tipi would be a more accepted item to create due to it's simplicity as a structure to store gear.

Look at it this way.... 2035.. Apocalypse.. Mankind has fallen.. .yet there are functional ATM machines.

seems legit.

I would also think that a Tipi would be a more accepted item to create due to it's simplicity as a structure to store gear.

Look at it this way.... 2035.. Apocalypse.. Mankind has fallen.. .yet there are functional ATM machines.

seems legit.

For everything else... there's Mastercard.

For everything else... there's Mastercard.

LOL

Good one

That would of been an interesting spin on the game.. credit cards.

You can kill a player but you can't get his moola cuz you can't get his pin.  Downside is the player would also not be able to get the moola without the card.

seems legit.

Oh yeah, that time i went camping and i needed to find a way to store my gear dry. I actually didnt build a Tipi because it's not at all an easy structure to build. I would go for pretty much anything else than a Tipi ;O

We have guns that magically repair cars, magically heals players and magically wakes them up from death. So, maybe we should know how to build something more sophisticated than a tipi?

Correction, we have a "placeholder" that magically does the stuff above. If I remember correctly that multi-gun will be replaced with other things as the game develops. 

Jesus!

Spin Phd

ROFL, I got a kick out of reading that!

I am sitting at my computer right now on a network (technology) it is raining outside right now  ,lets pretend zombie apocalypse happened right now and for good measure we have a meteor hit my house but I escape and somewhere along the way I find or construct a tipi maybe i run into some native americans or something , you think I am going to complain  ? Why the fuck do you think tipis and technology can not co exist ? 

Correction, we have a "placeholder" that magically does the stuff above. If I remember correctly that multi-gun will be replaced with other things as the game develops. 

Really? so they made energy packs, guns, attachments etc just as placeholder?

LOL

Good one

That would of been an interesting spin on the game.. credit cards.

You can kill a player but you can't get his moola cuz you can't get his pin.  Downside is the player would also not be able to get the moola without the card.

It'll happen first on CCG. Know how I know this? 'Cuz they'll offer a new monthly subscription package in their store called "Buyer Protection Plan" that protects donators from "fraudulent charges" and "unauthorized spending". ;-)

Oh yeah, that time i went camping and i needed to find a way to store my gear dry. I actually didnt build a Tipi because it's not at all an easy structure to build. I would go for pretty much anything else than a Tipi ;O

How about a shelf then.

But I do also wonder why they just didn't do tents.  Either tents you can buy that are those pre-fab ones or a tent/lean-to you can make out of wood.

Now if all of you with Tipi's would stop doing your rain dances it would stop raining.  I don't think I've seen a server session where it doesn't rain.

Ummmm....If you were running around in a post-apocalyptic environment, needed to build a shelter/place to store your gear, and the only supplies you had available were sticks of wood and animal skins.......what would you build?

A lean to.

I have no real issue with whatever the devs want to use but a standard survival lean to would be far more common to design than a tipi....they are, in fact, far easier to build than tipis.

For starters, whatever child suggested that I should have constructive things to say needs to wait until they're out of mommy and daddy's house before opening their mouth.... This is really a forum for older people!

A lot of you other children simply missed the point entirely, which isn't terribly surprising given the low SAT averages over the last decade.

Thankfully, a number of you got my point. 

I did NOT say TP's should NOT be in the game! 

I did NOT say Tipi's and technology can't co-exist!

I did NOT say Tipi's were off-base.

I did NOT say Tipi's were not creatively inline with the world.

All you still on Enfamil need to keep out of the adult conversation!

Keep the TP's!  Maybe, at least I hope, there IS some sort of creative reasoning that went into the TP idea.  That's all fine.  It's my feedback, I have a right to it and you don't have to buy into or listen to it.  But by god, learn to hold your ass-tongue if you can't respond creatively, intelligently (as in demonstrating you even comprehended the issue and points made) or, at the very least, comically. 

But it's very apparent you mouth-heads spend too much time indoors.  IF you really found yourself in this post-apocalyptic world, and IF you pulled your skull out of your backside, you'd realize you'd NEVER build a TP.  There are too many other forms of shelter (for a hasty or bivouac shelter, and let's be clear, that's EXACTLY what we're building here, we're not building a campsite, we're not building them to get in out of the rain, that's just child-speak), that are easier to build and fundamentally as sound.   But of course, rather that just blathering about it like a bad-ass in an internet forum, you'd have to, you know, actually get out there and maybe, actually, build a few of them or so.  Case in point, there have been a number of popular survival-ish reality shows over the last number of years, I've watched a lot of them.  I CAN'T say, I've watched them all, so I'm prepared to be corrected, but NEVER have I seen ANY of them BUILD A Tipi.  For my part, I spend 4 weeks of my life each year, in a remote part of the Ouachita National forest completely off the grid.  I've built a lot of shelters with nothing but my knife, ponchos and cord and NEVER have I made an ass-cone!

BUT, I never suggested you CAN'T have TP's.  Only that, in the end, to be able to make a TP out of wood and animal skins OVER being able to make a simple BOX, or FIND and MOVE a BOX is just creative ignorance.  Given the state of the world, NOT being able to build a box, you know just like the CRATES ALREADY IN THE GAME, is just creative head-up-the-cornhole!

AND DON'T say that this is just a game!  Obviously IT IS.  But if you spend a mere moment trying to kick-start that greymatter, you'll find that 1) BI constantly promotes the BASE game as "the most realistic FPS ever."  And, it's intellectually dishonest, if not down right stupid to suggest that the MOD builders don't also want the game to be realistic. Next, please don't continue to be a fool and blather on about multi-guns and spooky slenderman types, Lord of the Rings isn't REAL either but even within the world of fantasy, we expect plausible reality fantasy.  If you don't understand this, keep your child lips closed!  2)  The ballistics in the game are laughable, says someone who owns or has actually shot most of the real world parallels of all the small-arms guns in the game, even including some of the bigger weapon systems!  Games from 15 yrs ago featured more accurate windage and elevation controls and realism.  That said, it is what it is.  AND ONE BIG THING THIS GAME IS, is more eye candy than substance.  I don't want to get into a critique of ARMA here, I love the game no doubt, and I'm glad to see the sweeping vistas and great graphics, but graphics only does not a game make.  So, "most realistic FPS ever?"   NOT on any fundamental level!  Only if you count the grass and trees!

So, to summarize here is MY feedback:  Bring back the basic CRATE that is ALREADY IN THE GAME.  Add whatever other containers you want.  But given everything else in the world, to NOT be using the basic, wooden CRATE is simple CREATIVE STUPIDITY and should be offensive to anyone who spends part of their real-life enjoying this game and mod!

Spin Phd