About PhysX

beppenike

Hi , I play with my clan from the first version of the A2 Epoch and I want to focus on the real efficiency of physx (building system) .
I want to ask you to write your pros and cons about the physx as well as figure out if it really helps the game or not .

PRO : 

CONS :
- All the bases seem boxes or tower of boxes
-Unable build helypad on the towers
- Really low Integration with the persistent structures
- Creativity equals 0
- Excessive use of walls for the support of the ceilings

All this explained with a image

Well, here is my belief about whats going on.. Take this from the standpoint from an Admin of servers.

With the old system you could build eloborate bases which did look cool. Trust me, I build one heck of an admin base that looked like a friggen castle.

The issue with doing this, was that it was not bound by phsics and was ever so easy to build Ginormous bases. This in turn cluttered up servers quickly, allowed for unbielvable constructions that could not exsist in the real world. Ever go on a server and see a base just floating in mid air? Just retarded IMHO.

With the new Arma3 Epoch building system, it was IMHO designed to prevent the hovercraft bases, add complexety which adds time to build requirements and thus reduces the amount of worthless bases on servers.. 

As I said being an admin Going through and deleteing bases that were abonded because its just easy to start fresh then to remove, is why the new Physic system is a plus.

I will say one thing, the major Con with the building system is that people are lazy. I've been playing on the DonkeyPunch server, people there have no will to build a base but rather just board up exsisting buildings. I.e. the construction building. Thus it make it impossible to get a good looting.

What I suggest to the Devs, if there is a frequency jammer near a High loot area and player building present that loot no longer spawns. This prevents people from basicly getting Free stuff with little to no risk.

im going to keep this short... 

PLEASEEEE  

Add a "micro frequency jammer" which is able to be placed anywhere which is only like 50-100m

also PLEASE add a door frame with a door in it that is in scale with the buildings doors in arma! so there is the ability to make a house a home ingame!

and one thing i think would be usefull is the nurfing about the satchels and chrages... and add a "breaching charge" which you place nex to a locked door and just blows the locks off it

I agree that the physx give a lot of cons and i hope the developers make a lot more building items so we can be more creative again.

Half wooden walls in height

Half wooden walls in wide

Sandbags

Upgrade a wooden wall with wood (that you can penetrate with bullets but it can protect you from outsiders).

half floord and 1/4 floors.

Smaller stairs

etc

You can still have a floating base, it just takes more time to do it. So this new system doesn't really solve that problem. And for the bases that clutter up the server, that is what the maintain system is for. If you want to talk unrealistic, IRL you could cut the building pieces into different sizes to make them fit. That could be remedied in game by allowing the pieces to intersect with each other, but this new physics system prevents that. I personally liked the A2 system better.

and besides, using existing buildings as a basis for your build makes them more interesting. 

Floating bases are indeed still easy to do in arma 3 building system, im not sure why they went through so much trouble making the physics building system. With Arma2 the biggest problem of building was inaccuracy and alot of snap things etc made that easier. in Arma 3 they went for even more inaccuracy.