Vehicles randomly exploding

Gamewalker

Same thing has happened with multiple players on our server, including myself in one instance. At the time, everything was default values. Everything. Since then, only very minor adjustments to the available config options. It is rare, but it does happen. Not sure what is causing it.

In all 3 instances that I was online for at the time it occurred to myself and two others, the choppers were on level ground and not on any sort of buildable object. Two of the three explosions were out in the salt flats where you can't get a more open, flat surface lol. All three instances were different choppers as well (1 mosquito, 1 Taru, and 1 Mohawk).

Just happened to me again an hour ago. This time in the Mohawk parked on a nice, flat runway. Still no idea what's causing it. Nothing fishy shows up in the logs, either  :unsure:

Same happened to us. Parked a vehicle at a garage, cinder walls and wooden roof. Car and a wooden roof where gone. Other time parked a vehicle under a large roof (arma building) building and car explodes. Somebody knows why this is happened? It only happened direct after server restart or sometimes if someone spawned in the area.

I know when vehicles spawn, they spawn a little bit of the ground, so if your first case it is possible that it clipped into the roof and exploded.  Also, if you park your car in a building where loot spawns, when the loot spawns it can clip into the car and make it explode. 

I know when vehicles spawn, they spawn a little bit of the ground, so if your first case it is possible that it clipped into the roof and exploded. Also, if you park your car in a building where loot spawns, when the loot spawns it can clip into the car and make it explode.

Thanks. In the second case there spawn no loot an the roof is 2 meters over the car. In the first case i think you are right.

I have heard that when the vehicle first spawns in after a restart, they are facing north. And when a player gets close to them, they turn to the direction that they should be. And when they turn, it can clip into objects and explode. One time I parked two cars next to each other, and after the server restarted and as soon as someone logged in, they both exploded. So I have always parked my vehicles pointed north since then, or at least with a decent amount of space around them, and I have not had any problems. 

I have heard that when the vehicle first spawns in after a restart, they are facing north. And when a player gets close to them, they turn to the direction that they should be. And when they turn, it can clip into objects and explode. One time I parked two cars next to each other, and after the server restarted and as soon as someone logged in, they both exploded. So I have always parked my vehicles pointed north since then, or at least with a decent amount of space around them, and I have not had any problems. 

That would explain alot but not everything and i belive thats the case some times although i entered a spawned mowhawk the other day sitting in the middle of a field ( nothing around it) and it exploded when i got in so there should be something else to it too.

Also i can confirm the behavior where the vehicles spawn half a meter in the air  and only get to the ground after a player gets close, also seen it several times.

Had two blow up for no reason at all.

There are some serious issues needing addressing.

One was just sitting on the ground and the other was in a small base I made.

Zero damage.  Got in and they instantly blew up.

This was not after a restart. Both were during the server session

Seems Legit.

• 2 weeks later...

Happens in both my servers, rather annoying since it's nothing I can really do fix. I just keep compensating everyone. <_<

Not even really getting an errors in the rpt about what is causing it either. I assume it's collision detection acting up, as I know the vehicles rock around violently sometimes when loaded in or players log in near them.