Bases indestructible

dennis_stk

Snap mode has indeed been improved in the next update, and for those that do not like players crawling under the base to glitch in wall's cinder etc will then be able to be build INTO the ground like in the old a2 epoch days.. so you can build and not have to have that gap under your bases:) it's a work in progress guys the dev's do know a lot of the problems but have to work in some sort of order ( you should see just how many hours each change takes to do check recheck.. think of the downs sides etc...)

they have not made it this basic on purpose it will just take time...

The problem of the indestructible Bases is, that you can make all indestructible, or nothing....

on my server you should only be able to destroy doors, but if the door is on a floor, on a foundation or in a arma 3 building, its indestructible too :(

this is not correct, you can freely choose....

the script is so small and simple, just look inside and paste in what u want :-)

if you not at all get along then pm me

yeah i know..... my Cinder Door is destructible, but when its on a wooden floor or in a arma 3 building, its indesructible!? so whats wrong?

here my code:

//Indestructible Bases by [GZA] David zombieapo.eu
sleep 80;
while {true} do {
    _indestructible = (allMissionObjects "Constructions_static_F") + (allMissionObjects "PlotPole_EPOCH");
    {
        if (!((_x isKindof "CinderWallGarage_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "WoodLargeWallDoorL_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "WoodLargeWallDoor_EPOCH"))) then {
        _this = _x addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];    //Remove multiple EHs, having one on each object is enough!
        if(_this > 0)then[{_x removeEventHandler ["HandleDamage", _this]},{_x allowDamage false; _x enableSimulation false}];
        };
    } count _indestructible;
    sleep 300; // run every 5min
};

yeah i know..... my Cinder Door is destructible, but when its on a wooden floor or in a arma 3 building, its indesructible!? so whats wrong?

I don't think that problem is because of your script. I was testing in the editor and if I put just a cinder wall in the open, one satchel will take it down. But if it is on a wood floor or in a building, no amount of satchels will destroy it. The devs need to work on how the walls take damage and improve their damage models.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apparently due to the construction of A3 and the use of a flat database file which reads sequentially so the car can spawn in first on restart if bought before the floor was constructed, then the floor spawns in after and any height difference means the car can be in or under the floor which causes it to take damage. Its the same for landing helicopters on roofs in A3 - flat file databases pretty much suck when it comes to reading through one line at a time to build a world.

We solved the Exploding cars on restart back a few months ago, just have to make all players aware that if they park a vehicle near any type of structure they have to park it facing due north (since all vehicles spawn in facing north). The new fix might or might not work, as I notice some vehicles still stay facing north for awhile until a player gets a few kilcks away.

The exploding vehicles when you get in, only fix that has been keeping players alive for us has been shooting the tire. 95% are choppers.

But back on the subject of this thread, found that this pbo mentioned caused a massive server side FPS spike every 5 minutes (4-8 fps). So much so that every player would all get kicked for high ping of 600-1000ms. Could have 30 players on or 3 players on, after this ran "There can be only one!"... admins are all thats left. Running vanilla there shouldn't be any problems, but having SEM, VEMF, and finally A3EAI is when it started. Currently just using the alternative AH's _EpochIndestructible = true; It allows you to set the pieces that are indestructible and only runs at restart. Running at 50fps server side now. Guess you could remove the "sleep 300" and it might achieve the same thing.

Guess you could remove the "sleep 300" and it might achieve the same thing.

Yes but then what about any structures that are built between restarts?  They would still be able to take damage until the following restart.  The best way to do it would be to apply the handledamage=false variable automatically at the time an object is built AND on every subsequent restart.  Then you wouldn't have to spend tons of CPU cycles every 5 minutes applying a no damage fix because it's already been done.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...