Bases indestructible

dennis_stk

I would like a world where everybody will be so "fairplay" but this world doesn't exist and with my community, the indestructible bases is essential against troll people...

I think having 1 server that has it off and one that has it on is good.  You can cater to both.  I'm tired of the 'purist' bashing community owners that want to have this on.  Most of the adults that play this game arent on 24.7 like most of these trolls.

Indestructible cinder is the way forward imo. Works for us thats why we are number 1 epoch server.

But only when nobody can see a single part of the jammer, if I can see only a milimeter of the jammer, I will be able to destroy your base in minutes!

I like the idea that everything is indestructible except the lockable doors, but the jammer should be also indestructible. So the base can be raided and the effort of the builder won't be destroyed. I don't have a problem when somebody raid my base and steal our stuff, but I have a problem, when I put 20+h in a base and some player get in my base and move all my building part around just for fun.

on our server you can destroy jammer , garage door and wood door. when you place cinderwalls around the jammer , no one can shoot the jammer down. indestructible jammer is a way to "easy" to safe the base. the problem is when the jammer is indestructible some player can place only walls no doors for the base and no one comes in so thats the reason why the jammer is destroyable on our server

On Sunday they destroyed a Metalwall in our base on your server, so they are not indestructible for sure. One of my team was in the base and died because of the explosion, the jammer was still there until they got into the base.

Something has to be changed (I don't mena only your server), sure you can build cynderwalls around the jammer, you need just 8 of them, that means 48 cynderblocks and 32 bucket of mortar. So we go loot the stuff for weeks and place all at the time, cause when we place the jammer without the walls, it will be gone in hours for sure, at least on a server with that numbers of players like on Krankenstation.

On Sunday they destroyed a Metalwall in our base on your server, so they are not indestructible for sure. One of my team was in the base and died because of the explosion, the jammer was still there until they got into the base.

Something has to be changed (I don't mena only your server), sure you can build cynderwalls around the jammer, you need just 8 of them, that means 48 cynderblocks and 32 bucket of mortar. So we go loot the stuff for weeks and place all at the time, cause when we place the jammer without the walls, it will be gone in hours for sure, at least on a server with that numbers of players like on Krankenstation.

Don't forget a cinder wall for the roof. I would laugh if someone went to the trouble to completely surround the jammer with indestructible cinder, but only put an easily destroyable wood floor on the top. Another thing with the cinder, does explosion damage go through it? I remember in A2 Epoch it did, so you would actually have to double cinder wall the plot pole to be safe. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

//Indestructible Bases by [GZA] David zombieapo.eu
sleep 80;
while {true} do {
_indestructible = (allMissionObjects "Constructions_static_F") + (allMissionObjects "PlotPole_EPOCH");
    {
if (!((_x isKindof "CinderWallHalf_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "Foundation_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "LockBox_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "CinderWall_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "WoodFloor_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "PlotPole_EPOCH"))) then {
_x addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
_x enableSimulation false;
};
} count _indestructible;
    sleep 300; // run every 5min
}

This doesn't seem to work. Can anyone see whats wrong?

Hello.  I had a very large base.  helicopter hanger.  Car garage.  Separate storage room with shelving tents and lots of gear.  Guy decides to satchel my front door to try to get in.. well.  One car blows up which creates a chain reaction and 7 cars within my base blows up and 1 heli.  Needless to say everything that could destroy pretty much did.  except for the metal and cinder walls.  Where the heck are the metal floors?  But whatever..    I think the creators are dropping the ball on this.  Whatever the case..  We are relocating servers and i seen this post.  Who has successfully made indestructable bases?  I want to play on your server.  

Spec, they have made indestructible cinder, not indestructible bases.

Your loss sounds harsh, but ultimately down to your own failings. You also portray a base of a greedy player, lauding it large with bling on your property.

I'd have tried to blow my way in too for some free heli (unless dlc, lol).

You biggest falt was, to place vehicle in your base and why the heck are the ppl hording vehicle, you wanna tell me, you need 7 cars?

There is no really need to have indestructible bases, if you build smart, nobody can get into your base from the ground, if you build your base on foundations, have a cinder door on a wooden floor and somebody try to blow your cinder door, the wooden floor will be destroyed first and the enemy can not reach the cinder door! The problem right now is the roof, I did build some stut walls on the roof, so nobody can reach the roof by chopper.

But the devs are working on that problem, it should not be to easy to raid a base.

Build a extra building for you vehicles.

You biggest falt was, to place vehicle in your base and why the heck are the ppl hording vehicle, you wanna tell me, you need 7 cars?

There is no really need to have indestructible bases, if you build smart, nobody can get into your base from the ground, if you build your base on foundations, have a cinder door on a wooden floor and somebody try to blow your cinder door, the wooden floor will be destroyed first and the enemy can not reach the cinder door! The problem right now is the roof, I did build some stut walls on the roof, so nobody can reach the roof by chopper.

But the devs are working on that problem, it should not be to easy to raid a base.

Build a extra building for you vehicles.

This Frigging game!!  My newest attempt was perfect.  made the garage a little smaller.  Had only 2 cars in it.  I used 2 cinder walls to level the ceiling, this way there is a small gap between the walls and the ceiling if you have to replace the floors there is no ceiling pressure forcing the walls not to fit right.  The base was on foundations and my 2 cars blew up.  Guess what?  NONE OF the floors fit right.  wasting time sitting in cars trying to get my energy up.  Has NO One made a server with floors that dont blow up?

//Indestructible Bases by [GZA] David zombieapo.eu
sleep 80;
while {true} do {
_indestructible = (allMissionObjects "Constructions_static_F") + (allMissionObjects "PlotPole_EPOCH");
    {
if (!((_x isKindof "CinderWallHalf_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "Foundation_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "LockBox_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "CinderWall_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "WoodFloor_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "PlotPole_EPOCH"))) then {
_x addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
_x enableSimulation false;
};
} count _indestructible;
    sleep 300; // run every 5min
}

This doesn't seem to work. Can anyone see whats wrong?

but why put cars in a base when those cars just randomly explode there by itself? After every restart every piece of base slightly move (I suspect), also, I tried to get in my hunter in a base, put it in the back, got in another hunter - everything is fine... tried to drive in with offroad into base..first hunter suddenly started glitching like crazy and all wheels broke. I fixed the wheels, a little bit moved hunters, tried again with offroad... this time first hunter exploded (luckily it had no gear in it), damaged second hunter, damaged my helicopter on the roof and killed me. I was glad that it only damaged other vehicles, so I fixed them. But had to rebuild one floor and it was pain in the ass removing 10 percent of your base and rearranging yet again.

From now on - no vehicles inside the base. Fuck it.

Look at my post, my first sentence "You biggest fault was, to place vehicle in your base" .

If you place a car in you base, make sure, that the vehicle is aligned north! The vehicle in Arma will spawn aligned north and when a player comes close, it will turn in the direction were they has been.

The devs change the snap mode already, it should be much better with the next update.