[Release] Call your Car v0.1 (for use w/, w/o Masterkey Script)

jahangir13

I've updated the initial post for a version working for servers using the Masterkey script (where keys can be assigned to several cars instead of one only).

When activated via key a dialog pops up with a list of cars that belong to the key. From the list a car needs to be selected, then the 'Call' button needs to be pressed to call this car.

If nothing is selected or 'Cancel' button is pressed, script stops. I hope I also stopped players being able to call more than 1 car at once. I mean this is possible if the line exiting the script for this reason is commented out, but there will not be a camera or debug monitor for all of the cars called at once. So the behaviour here is not tested and undefined ,)

Does anybody encounter the issue that only admins can use F7/F8 to toggle the camera? I could not reproduce this so far.

@Proximus: what does admin mean exactly? Players assigned to the Admin Tools. Or players which do not load the Antihack.sqf in init.sqf or something.

I deleted myself from admin tools...I was still able to use these keys. Maybe there is something else which uses these keys (other script)?

Ah, I cannot say anything about it as I've never used the tools.

I guess you need to whitelist a few things but I do not know how that looks like. Similar to other mods you install.

Creating the waypoint, creating the driver are sch things I would say...maybe also the create camera.

Here someone with infistar experience need to help for the exact syntax in whatever files.

• 4 weeks later...

i love the idea of this script, but i cant get it to work, and i belive it has to do with the right click option.

I have the CallCar_mk.sqf and CallCar.hpp and ui_selctSlot.sqf in **/custom/jtools

in my description.ext i have added:

// CallCar
#include "custom\jtools\CallCar_mk.hpp"

in my init.sqf i have added:

// Call Car
[] execVM "custom\jtools\CallCar.sqf";

in my fn_selfActions.sqf i have added all text from ui_selector.sqf (and i have edited the callcar.sqf to callcar_mk.sqf)

any simple installguide ?

not sure but if you renamed CallCar.sqf to callcar_mk.sqf

you should also change your init.sqf 

from....

in my init.sqf i have added:

// Call Car
[] execVM "custom\jtools\CallCar.sqf";
to
// Call Car
[] execVM "custom\jtools\CallCar_mk.sqf";

Sorry, it was a typo from me, it IS named callcar_mk.sqf

player on my server found a exploit , you can right click the key a bunch times and it creates copy's of the driver and you can spawn tons of solders

just noticed i can change skin , going to change it to Donald as suggested by a player on my server ,like M.I.B

this will still create copys of the body's im guessing but will not spawn weapons on it

Edited by TNT

• 2 weeks later...

quick fix for my problem with the script was to add 2 lines to the script around line 81

//Remove ItemRadio
player removeWeapon "ItemRadio";
//Radio Removed Message
cutText [format["Your radio short circuited and needs to be replaced you tossed it to save space"], "PLAIN DOWN"];

(replace radio with your item you use to call car)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\dayz_epoch_11.Chernarus\custom\jtools\CallCar_mk.hpp, line 4: /CallCar/Controls.RscText_6660: Undefined base class 'RscTextT'

Any ideas please?  Or at least some install instructions?

Thanks,

Darrin.

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\dayz_epoch_11.Chernarus\custom\jtools\CallCar_mk.hpp, line 4: /CallCar/Controls.RscText_6660: Undefined base class 'RscTextT'

Thanks,

Darrin.

Dialog file used with Masterkey script version (CallCar_mk.hpp):

Spoiler 

ui_selectSlot.sqf and Battleye settings stay the same for both versions.

For the Masterkey script version you need to include the dialog file (wherever you store that) at the end of your description.ext:

// CallCar

#include "custom\jtools\CallCar_mk.hpp"

• 3 weeks later...

This works like a charm but the driver is worse than my ex-wife :)

I needed to enable god mode for the vehicle while it was self driving so it could survive the drive. Works a lot better now.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi  a little problem but the skript are in funktion

14:20:19 Error in expression <yer getVariable["callcar", false];
if ( _isCarDriving ) exitWith {systemChat "JC>
14:20:19   Error position: <_isCarDriving ) exitWith {systemChat "JC>
14:20:19   Error Undefined variable in expression: _iscardriving
14:20:19 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\custom\jtools\callcar.sqf, line 80

i see this in my RPT when the Server are booting

mfg

Wallnuss

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

Thanks,

Darrin.

I have the same Problem.

I have got the CallCar_mk.sqf , CallCar_mk.hpp, i mad the ui_selectSlot changes and put #include "custom\CallCar\CallCar_mk.hpp" into description at the bottom.

i changed all pathes in the files.

sry for my bad english.

can someone help me please

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey guys,

I know that this script is more than just old. But I saw it on a server last year and it worked perfectly there.

But I have the problem that I get the following error message from the server when I start it.

9:44:55 Error context _scanRadius
ErrorMessage: File mpmissions \ __ cur_mp.Chernarus \ scripts \ KittCome \ KittCome.sqf, line 0: '.private': '[' encountered instead of '='

I have completely taken over the entry for ui_selectslot

and I also took over the complete code in a corresponding SQF.

The error message is simply not understandable for me. Do not see any reason for this message.

Maybe you have an idea what I have to adjust from the code so that this works again.
After all, it's really a great script that makes it a little more enjoyable.

I also know that a lot has happened, specifically the developments of the Epochmod.

Greetings Face