(Idea) Craftable Water Items

Ganja

The idea has crossed my mind a few times. Most maps are Islands, or have a large amount of water. Why not make a craftable water vehicle with different upgrade paths. Start it out as your basic raft, then give the crafting path option to either

Upgrade Path 1: Upgrade it to a row boat (would be great for stealth as it has no motor) further upgrades would include, adding a motor for a basic speedboat, then upgrade even more to make it a fishing boat, then add some corrugated metal and make it a ship. More scrap metal, a couple tripod guns and ya upgrade it to a battleship type vessel.

Upgrade Path 2: Upgrade it with a bigger platform and floatation devices (barrels or rubber dinghy's), then upgrade it with walls and floors, doors, etc..making it into a floating base/fortress.

I thought of this while play'n ArmA 2 and I didn't think it would be possible to attach a static item to a movable/drivable vehicle, but while I was waiting for the Epoch 3 Server release, I setup a Wasteland Server and stumbled upon this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25210 http://youtu.be/dkxRBMr2I9E . I have this working with no issues on our Wasteland server. 

Basically the guy just took and attached a SDV inside the full size Sub, to make it drivable, and attached another Sub to the outside. You can get in the inside sub and drive around while other players sit inside the SDV attached to the back of the big sub. Reminds me of the Bugs Bunny (or was it Huey Dewey and Louie) cartoons were he/they cut(s) out the sports car on the billboard and attaches it to his old crappy car.

At the very least this has shed some light on the possibility that craftable floating water base may be possible.

The maps have a large amount of water, but it is not being utilized. It's the year 2035...can we at least get an underwater air dome that we can upgrade to make an underwater base inside it?

Epoch is about survival, survival is about being resourceful and finding ways to make your environment survivable.